Any Roms for the Standard Andypad?

Guest jimsie

Guest jimsie

Hi, just ordered one of these for my boy as he wanted a tablet for his birthday. Didn't really want to buy a cheap Chinese tablet shipped from Hong Kong so opted for the standard Andypad from Bennettsonline. Price has dropped to £60.

Just wondering if there are any modded roms for the standard Andypad or whether the pro roms would work. Can you also get root access on the andypad? Have a blade and a vega, which i've successfully rooted and flashed various roms over time. Both running ICS at the moment.

I know Andypad has released a ICS rom for the standard and pro models on there website. Are these Ok?

Thanks for any reply.

• 1 month later...
Guest Csharpe

Have installed the andypad standard rom from andypad. Works ok but really want root access. Is there any way to root this tab?

You can just drop in Superuser.apk in /system/app and su in /system/bin & fix the permissions through chmod.

Would you like, as a test, try to flash my AndyPad Pro rom but with kernel.img from the AndyPad Standard kernel?

It might boot (but will show wifi/bluetooth errors in logcat). If it doesn't work, I'll try to cook a custom one for the Standard.

Guest jimsie

Have actually got a working Rooted ICS rom from a guy a Freaktab.com. He has dropped super user in and play market. Works well.

Have started another thread in the andypad threads :)