Improve memory management using ICS

Guest weckl

Guest Lgdslr

It's a script you need to keep running. Or you can do it manually.

It just cleans your Dalvik cache and reboots you phone. It says to run it once a week.

Supercharger.sh has to be set on boot manually if the rom you are running has no initd, to do this you must go to data/supercharger.sh and set it for boot, if not the script not work right, just a heads up for those who did not know this.

Guest Ellis456q

Im stuck on running the script Ive typed it manually in the app and still not working, can you please make it a bit clearer on what you do? thanks.

If there is no initd, supecharger.sh must be manually set to run on boot, I assure you, I have used supercharger for some time and am familiar with it, unless you know something I don't ?

Go to the location in my screenshot, if there is not a blue boot icon next to supercharger.sh then it is not running on boot, something initd sorts.

Tip: quickest way to run sclean is to open terminal emulator, type su then sclean, done.

post-796032-0-07851600-1342292459_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Guest Ellis456q

Thanks for the guide Lgdslr, now installed and set to run on boot, btw it wasnt just yes to the questions is asks a few other things and thought I would get stuck but it's quite simple, phone feels fast!.

Edited by Ellis456q

Guest Ellis456q

i cannot download from your link (Lgdslr)it just comes up with a pdf viewer and says it cant view it?

Right click and save as my friend.

Guest andy.hyde4

this has worked and hope it has improved my system :D

Yes it has made this run far faster! Thanks

Edited by andy.hyde4

Guest stokietom

I applied this to my stock ICS ROM using the below guide, do I have to set anything to run on boot? or am I done?

1. Download ScriptManager (Free version here, premium ad free here)

2. Download and extract this to the root of your SD card. Also download this and put it there too.

3. Go to scriptmanager and run /sdcard/SuperCharger_Starter_Kit/StartMeUp.sh/ (Run it as root)

4. Still in script manager run the "V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-Update9_RC10_Test_9.sh.pdf" (also as root)Say yes to basically everything.

If I do need to set something on boot, what is it and how do I do it?

Many thanks

Edited by stokietom

Guest Asghar_UK

When I run StartMeUp.sh I get an error that su_ics* is not found and the script doesn't complete.

Nevermind, there were more files that I did not put on the sd card.

Edited by Asghar_UK

Guest Lgdslr

Stokietom, there is a script you need to run on boot, as it turns out.

Go into scriptmanager and make /data/99SuperCharger.sh run as root and on boot.

I think I'm going to post a full guide up on how to install V6 tomorrow. It really is excellent. It wasn't working properly because that script wasn't set to run on boot but now it's fixed it's like night and day. A truly essential bit of modding, imo.