Is the San Diego worth it?

Guest JHsaucy

Guest JHsaucy

Hi MoDaCo, so I have about £200 spare to spend on a new phone. My last phone was the ZTE skate, so i guess any new phone would seem like a big step up from that. The only thing thats stopping me buying the San Diego is how dissapointed people are in it, everyone here seems very dissapointed with it, but is it a good phone or not?

Any answers would be appreciated

Thanks

Guest i am not a hacker

It is very good! People are just disappointed as we cannot root it. Even without it, it has better spec than Samsung GS2 and HTC Sensation XE

Guest Frankish

It's worth every penny if you don't mind not having root. And waiting til later in the year for ICS. You won't find a phone with 1gb, 8mp with as high a screen res for a similar price.

I love the screen and I can't even agree with the complaints about viewing angle.

Guest The Soup Thief

I'd love one, and could even live without root access (many of the apps I use need root, but I could manage without them)

The only thing stopping me from getting one is that pesky sim-lock, meaning that living outside the UK I simply couldn't use the thing (at least, not affordably!)

Hoping some sim unlock appears, that Orange's exclusivity doesn't last, or that someone else starts producing similarly priced Atomic androids pretty quick!