[QUESTION] How to use "Mobile Odin Pro v.3.0.0" on T-Mobile S3 (SGH-T999)?

Guest MLB1949

Guest MLB1949

OK. Perhaps someone with a better working knowledge of Android applications will read this post and enlighten me.

One general question; one specific question; ALL help will be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Here goes ....

I HAVE:

- The T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III (model # SGH-T999), 16GB, with a 32GB external storage card, in "Marble White."

- My device is rooted; one of my Play Store apps is "Mobile Odin Pro v.3.0.0" ..... and I've never used it.

IN GENERAL:

- How to use "Mobile Odin Pro v.3.0.0" (as opposed to my using the "regular" .... Windows OC-version).

NOW .... IN PARTICULAR:

- I would like to change my AOKP "unicorn" boot animation BACK TO the stock T-Mobile SGS3 animation.

I DOWNLOADED THE STOCK "T999" BOOT ANIMATION:

- and it has the name "boot-stock-tmobile-sgh-t999.tar" .... so I guess it's a .tar file.

SO:

How would YOU change to the new Boot Animation .... on this device .... and, using Mobile Odin Pro v.3.0.0. ???

THANK YOU!

Guest Gary Crutcher

OK. Perhaps someone with a better working knowledge of Android applications will read this post and enlighten me.

One general question; one specific question; ALL help will be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Here goes ....

I HAVE:

- The T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III (model # SGH-T999), 16GB, with a 32GB external storage card, in "Marble White."

- My device is rooted; one of my Play Store apps is "Mobile Odin Pro v.3.0.0" ..... and I've never used it.

IN GENERAL:

- How to use "Mobile Odin Pro v.3.0.0" (as opposed to my using the "regular" .... Windows OC-version).

NOW .... IN PARTICULAR:

- I would like to change my AOKP "unicorn" boot animation BACK TO the stock T-Mobile SGS3 animation.

I DOWNLOADED THE STOCK "T999" BOOT ANIMATION:

- and it has the name "boot-stock-tmobile-sgh-t999.tar" .... so I guess it's a .tar file.

SO:

How would YOU change to the new Boot Animation .... on this device .... and, using Mobile Odin Pro v.3.0.0. ???

THANK YOU!

Well, first of all Mobile Odin, which I use a lot, is for flashing complete ROMs or parts of ROMS - such as a kernel. It is the mobile version of the desktop ODIN program but much better.

It depends on what you are flashing as to the format of the file. For example a kernel in a binary image - boot.bin. It can be in a .tar file and Mobile Odin will install it.

Unless your kernel supports custom boot animations, you will not be able to change the boot animation. If it does support custom boot animations, it should be placed in the /local/data folder or the /system/media folder. Not sure what kernel you are using. Maybe it checks both places.

Hope this helps.