• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

KillerMackem

KillerMackem

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Can anyone tell me what the audio quality is like through the 3.5mm jack, preferably with a 320kbps MP3 or similar using some half decent headphones/earbuds? I've heard conflicting thoughts on the audio via the 3.5mm jack with some saying it's on par with their iPad 3 but some saying it's worse than some £50 mobile phone. I really want to know before I deposit money in my bank and pull the trigger.

cjb110

cjb110

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Devices:HTC One (M7), Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@cjb110
If no-one else does, I can do when Google eventually ship. I've got an GS2 & iPod classic to compare with on my Shure se420's.

If there were two of you, which one would win?

..::Chris Beach::..

cjb110

cjb110

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Devices:HTC One (M7), Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@cjb110
Ok, compared to my S2 with Resurection Remix (which has DSPManager) bundled its a little less expansive and clear...but then the S2 is not a patch on my old ipod either.

Full volume is way too loud, but not much distortion, seemed more like a range compression going on to me, 3/4 vol seemed to be the best.

Tried it with Paramore, Pierces, Little Boots, Civil Wars, and Rodrigo y Gabriela all vbr0 mp3's via Google Music.

So overall its seems comparable to the my Galaxy S2, but I don't think either are as good as my old ipod classic.
I would assume the ipad inherits the audio stuff, and is probly on par with the old ipods.

Certainly wouldn't say its bad audio.

If there were two of you, which one would win?

..::Chris Beach::..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users