Firefox OS

Guest Roeloff

Guest Sulthekk

But the low-end of today is not the same as that of next-year.

Also their browser is barely working on this architecture.

Their armv6 nightlies are actually very fast and are surprisingly smooth...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Carlos Manuel Leemet

I have tried to port the HTC Deam/sapphire's B2G ROM but It fails, once it installed it and when I modified the boot.img again then it didn't flash it anymore!

I also don't know how to make the boot script stuff and I'm using 32-bit Linux Ubuntu..

I used these commands to unpack boot.img and to repack it: http://www.mydroidworld.com/topic/9778-how-to-create-an-insecure-boot-image/ I don't know does the roooted.img include kernel or just ramdisk but it looks like it has kernel too..

I really would love to try Firefox OS on the ZTE Blade because I don't do nothing with the ZTE Blade because I have Galaxy Nexus.. :D

Can somebody try to port the firefox ROM to ZTE Blade, it's based from ICS 4.0.4 it needs data folder with the files to boot it because in the data folder is the files what is like apps!

Guest Sulthekk

If I were you I would wait for it to be finished. Firefox OS is still in early development, and the code may change from a day to another.

Edited by Sulthekk

If I were you I would wait for it to be finished. Firefox OS is still in early development, and the code may change from a day to another.

I have Galaxy Nexus and I don't use even the ZYE Blade because my brother bought it from someone with 1€ (screen glass is broken only), so I want to use it and to test it and I don't care is it beta. :)

It would just be nice to test it if it works fine on ZTE Blade... :D

Well, if you really don't mind a lot of bugs and the phone being unusable, then you may want to take a look at https://developer.mo...g_Boot_to_Gecko

As I said, it's under heavy development. Good luck on keeping up with the changes, but again, I would recommend to be patient.

Thanks for the link but I'm not developer and I don't have 64-bit PC to buid ROMs.. :/