Best method for upgrading ROM from MoDaCo Gr2 to ICS?

Guest Adyx00

If you've used the swapped partitions rom you'll have to change back to stock partitioning first but after that you can just follow that guide. It worked perfectly for me.

Guest Dazzozo

If you've used the swapped partitions rom you'll have to change back to stock partitioning first but after that you can just follow that guide. It worked perfectly for me.

Incorrect. You won't have to swap back if you're using an update.app.

Guest Davidoff59

The official process should stay the same.

The imei backup is for if you decide to go back to gingerbread as ics changes the radio and boot loader which won't work with a gingerbread rom.

If you decide to do this, follow the guide carefully and read the consequences of not doing so.

Guest Adyx00

Incorrect. You won't have to swap back if you're using an update.app.

Really? I was sure someone posted that you did. Ah well it only took a couple of extra minutes.

Guest Davidoff59

Cwm flash able roms are different to huawei update.app. Official update.app wipes the phone completely, can change bootloader and, radio firmware etc.

Guest BigJas

Really? I was sure someone posted that you did. Ah well it only took a couple of extra minutes.

I posted that a switch back to standard partitions was needed for CyanogenMod 9. Perhaps that's what you were thinking of. link

Guest Adyx00

I posted that a switch back to standard partitions was needed for CyanogenMod 9. Perhaps that's what you were thinking of. link

Found it. It was this post in the Gr2 thread and the post below it by Paul that led me to think it was necessary. I might have taken it up wrong though.

Edited by Adyx00