Anyone bought a G300 from Amazon?

Guest Sir_Didymus

Guest Sir_Didymus

Wondering if anyone has bought and recieved a G300 from Amazon and can confirm whether or not it's the black version or the silver and white version??

Guest hunter`

i've bought one from amazon and it's been dispatched 7 hours ago.. delivery estimate: 18 July 2012

i will post again if no one answers before me

Edited by hunter`

Guest WhoAreWe

I considered it at first, but the third party company who sells through amazon have a god awful return policy. 7 days so long as you dont open the box. Makes no sense to me.

Purchase from vodaphone online or in store. Alternatively try tesco if they actually have any stock left.

Guest Sir_Didymus

I considered it at first, but the third party company who sells through amazon have a god awful return policy. 7 days so long as you dont open the box. Makes no sense to me.

Purchase from vodaphone online or in store. Alternatively try tesco if they actually have any stock left.

What are you on about? There is no 3rd party seller. The seller is Amazon.co,uk and their regular returns policy applies for phones. Never had any trouble returning anything to Amazon if it wasn't as described or faulty. Anyway I'm after a black version of the phone and Vodafone or Tesco do not sell them.

Guest Sir_Didymus

i've bought one from amazon and it's been dispatched 7 hours ago.. delivery estimate: 18 July 2012

i will post again if no one answers before me

Excellent. Look forward to hearing from you on here once you've recieved your phone. Hope it's the black one for everyones sake who's wanting a black version of the G300.

Guest hunter`

Excellent. Look forward to hearing from you on here once you've recieved your phone. Hope it's the black one for everyones sake who's wanting a black version of the G300.

just arrived ...

it's white :( you can check here: http://imgur.com/uhodg,NGCPV#0

(anyway amazon.co.uk it's the only place that deliver outside UK, i bought it from italy where vodafone IT sells the g300 at 200€ :| )

Guest Potatoes

Mine arrived today, I can confirm it's white. I knew it! <_< Was about to email them before and ask but decided to chance it since they had both the white and the black models listed. I've emailed Amazon regarding an exchange to the black version as advertised and I see they've since then changed the description on their web page to say silver so I guess it's stick with it or a refund. I'm pretty sure the black model isn't available in UK, any you see floating around are probably imports.

Guest Huawei G300

I also received the white/silver version. :( It's just the battery cover and 2 white parts which are easy to change so i'm thinking to solve the problem by myself. But where to find spareparts??

Guest Sir_Didymus

I also received the white/silver version. :( It's just the battery cover and 2 white parts which are easy to change so i'm thinking to solve the problem by myself. But where to find spareparts??

Yeah I've been reading on HUKD about people who ordered a G300 from Amazon who recieved their phone today. Sadly...all of them recieved the silver and white version. So that's two websites that has mislead customers now into thinking they're buying the black version of the phone. Pre Pay Mania and Amazon. You should really try and pester them for some sort of a discount or freebie since they mislead you with their advertising. I would.

I think Expansys is the only one officially taking pre-orders on the black version of the phone but with no release date or price as of yet.

Edited by Sir_Didymus

Guest WhoAreWe

What are you on about? There is no 3rd party seller. The seller is Amazon.co,uk and their regular returns policy applies for phones. Never had any trouble returning anything to Amazon if it wasn't as described or faulty. Anyway I'm after a black version of the phone and Vodafone or Tesco do not sell them.

Its changed since i last looked. Originally i went to amazon in search of the g300 but noticed it was sold from a third party company (With limited return policy). Theres no mistaking it. Whatever the case, amazon is now selling it under their flag, so long as your prepared to wait 1-3months. Winning.

Edited by WhoAreWe

Guest pelago

That looks really nice. I think it would look even better if the silver parts were black too.

Edited by pelago

Guest VantageIsle

^^^ I agree, all black is a winner imo, alas we will never see a true all black version.

here's another pic.. ( note the top & bottom grey are identical IRL, my panasonic camera makes them look quite different??)

Ys4VE.jpg

pimdp.jpg

Guest trueno2k
I got a black one from Vodafon€ Ireland :)
May I ask where you got yours from?... Cause my OMC is showing graphical glitches when it heats up over 30 degrees Celsius...

Guest VantageIsle

May I ask where you got yours from?... Cause my OMC is showing graphical glitches when it heats up over 30 degrees Celsius...

I ordered online on the vodafone.ie website, the only colour option was grey, was about to drive 'up north' to buy one in the UK before i noticed they got them in stock in Vodafone Ireland.

Although I'm pretty sure vodafone.ie requires an Irish address like vodafone.co.uk requires a UK address.

Guest Potatoes

I ordered online on the vodafone.ie website, the only colour option was grey, was about to drive 'up north' to buy one in the UK before i noticed they got them in stock in Vodafone Ireland.

Although I'm pretty sure vodafone.ie requires an Irish address like vodafone.co.uk requires a UK address.

Yeah they do require an Irish address :( such a shame. Almost all stores put up their description as black but I'm pretty sure they're just looking at the image on the box and seeing the front of the phone and the silver bezel and calling it black when it's really white. Anyway on the boxes of the white phones it says "color: silver". I was wondering VantageIsle what colour does it say on your box? I'm assuming it might say black or grey.

Guest VantageIsle

Yeah they do require an Irish address :( such a shame. Almost all stores put up their description as black but I'm pretty sure they're just looking at the image on the box and seeing the front of the phone and the silver bezel and calling it black when it's really white. Anyway on the boxes of the white phones it says "color: silver". I was wondering VantageIsle what colour does it say on your box? I'm assuming it might say black or grey.

Just checked the box...

Color: Chrome

Seems strange!!!

Guest Potatoes

Just checked the box...

Color: Chrome

Seems strange!!!

Thanks Vanta and hmm yeah that's pretty random :blink: well at least we can fire off emails to places and if their boxes say chrome, it should be the black version :P