Slow redraw on ICS B926

Guest ManOfSteal

Guest ManOfSteal

Perhaps this has already been mentioned and is buried in a thread somewhere, but screen redraw (say after exiting an app and returning to Home) is ridiculously slow, usually a minimum of 5s. Has no-one else experienced this?

Guest Ellis456q

ICS is just slower then gb, use a rom based on ICS and should be speedier. I like ICS just hate how sluggigh it is on the g300.

Guest John Matrix

not sure how fast you expect to run but i am very happy how mine works under stock ICS i had zte skate before this one and g300 runs a lot faster.

Guest Davidoff59

Its an unfinished rom, probably the demo version that Huawei mentioned hence why its not as fast as it should be. The UK release should be much better

Guest rsrocha

Thats why I didn't upgrade to the chinese ics. The vendor update part does all the difference because it has specific optimizations for the intended model.

I'm using b894 and I'm running with 100 plus uptime doing everything you could imagine without a hiccup.

Guest fr0do

We're expecting a lot of improvements on the display front, which is the reason a lot of us haven't upgraded yet, not least of which is the recently announced OpenGL support by Huawei. I understand ICS will outperform Gingerbread when complete.

Guest tillaz

i noticed when forced gpu rendering is turned on the settings menu displays properly (grey background)

but if you open the stock weather & news app then click on the weather to bring up the graph if force closes,

after checking the logcat its because of forced gpu rendering... turning it back of make's it work

Guest Dazzozo

lmao no opengl

Honestly, I'll be surprised if the UK release has OpenGL. Having drivers that are capable of OpenGL is different to OpenGL acceleration.

Guest Lgdslr

Which launcher are you using? I'm using Apex on B926 and there's hardly ever a redraw. It's there ready to go.

And now I've done this V6 Supercharger malarky and the phone is even quicker. Now getting 1800 on Quadrant, which is what I was getting on B888. B)

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

We're expecting a lot of improvements on the display front, which is the reason a lot of us haven't upgraded yet, not least of which is the recently announced OpenGL support by Huawei. I understand ICS will outperform Gingerbread when complete.

Would you be so kind and send me an announcement where Huawei claims to support OpenGL acceleration? I was told by czech Huawei representative, that ROM will be almost the same as Chinese B926.

They claimed to release demo first, and then release (I presume) on fall/winter 2012, at the very latest the beginning of the year 2013 to release fully featured ICS.

Guest timfimjim

nice. So i guess the current ICS is in fact a 'demo' version then? Because it's incomplete?

edit: is there anything else missing from the chinese ICS that might also get included?

Edited by timfimjim

Guest Dazzozo

Hi there, we can confirm

there will be an openGL 2.0 or above in

ICS for U8815

off huawei twitter page

Having drivers that are capable of OpenGL is different to OpenGL acceleration.

Almost as if you guys totally ignored it.

Guest ManOfSteal

To update, although I'd already done it previously (and it hadn't made much difference), clearing the cache reduced the redraw waiting time dramatically. To clarify, I'm just using the stock launcher.

Guest Davidoff59

I read it dazzozo. How could I word it to Huawei so that there is no way of misinterpreting my question in regards opengl implementation.

Guest Dazzozo

I read it dazzozo. How could I word it to Huawei so that there is no way of misinterpreting my question in regards opengl implementation.

"Will the UI be OpenGL accelerated?" or "Can you comment on the hardware acceleration?"

Guest Maximus9

Is it safe to say that ICS being slower also puts additional stress on the CPU so will also shorten battery life? I have to recharge every day as it is... if this is the case, I might stick to GB.

Can someone comment on how OpenGL will impact the above (CPU stress & battery life)? If it will actually be implemented, I will be surprised to see Huawei do a brilliant work, when they did such a terrible job with B882, B885. Yes, B888 is better, but not official. A lot of people returned this phone because of their stupid B882 sound problem, and a lot because of the poor responsiveness of bottom buttons and screen in B885.

Guest Lgdslr

To update, although I'd already done it previously (and it hadn't made much difference), clearing the cache reduced the redraw waiting time dramatically. To clarify, I'm just using the stock launcher.

Another feature of Apex is you can tell it not to kill the launcher ever so it will never redraw.

Obviously may effect other apps.

Guest fr0do

I think the hope is that our devs can get performance tweaks implemented. I don't expect Huawei to do much more than the very minimum.

Guest tillaz

Another feature of Apex is you can tell it not to kill the launcher ever so it will never redraw.

Obviously may effect other apps.

you can do this with any launcher (keep in memory)

just add this to the build.prop

ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1