- the state of charge detection was faulty, sometimes dropping very quickly
- the 29% warning cannot be switched off
- I even got a low battery warning while charging
- and the graph under "Battery use" also had bugs, showing a different result in portrait and wide screen
- something is wrong with the camera - the sharpness is not consistent
- the JPEG quality setting was terrible
- actually most of the settings did not work properly
- sound is bad
Volume / Sound
- the obvious ring tone volume problem was fixed in B885, at least for me
- but I still had issues with the amplifier not switching off when it should, draining the battery
- HSPA was not stable, sometimes switching back to 3G repeatedly
- WiFi is ok by Android standards, but it still has bugs connecting to enterprise (EAP) WiFi
- would only connect to the first Google account
- a restart caused a factory reset and loss of all Vodafone apps - surely that should never happen?
- on the default keyboard, the + character is very difficult to find
- the touch screen sometimes would not respond - Angry Birds Space triggered this for me
- the three soft button sometimes need pressing several times
- the response to the power button can be very slow
- there is no backup tool
- Google Backup did not work for me
I am sure there are more problems (potterunlock, security issues etc), but these are the ones that I remember. Not exactly a good reference - certainly compared to for example the ZTE Blade it is a pretty poor show.
But I hope we will get CM9 soon, and that it will address most of the software problems!