4 replies to this topic

MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Devices:Android
Ok, so my G300 is being repaired, but the time without it gives me an opportunity to reflect on it. And although it is a nice phone, what I remember most of all is the amazing amount of bugs that it had.

Battery state
- the state of charge detection was faulty, sometimes dropping very quickly
- the 29% warning cannot be switched off
- I even got a low battery warning while charging
- and the graph under "Battery use" also had bugs, showing a different result in portrait and wide screen

Camera
- something is wrong with the camera - the sharpness is not consistent
- the JPEG quality setting was terrible
- actually most of the settings did not work properly
- sound is bad

Volume / Sound
- the obvious ring tone volume problem was fixed in B885, at least for me
- but I still had issues with the amplifier not switching off when it should, draining the battery

Radio
- HSPA was not stable, sometimes switching back to 3G repeatedly
- WiFi is ok by Android standards, but it still has bugs connecting to enterprise (EAP) WiFi

Google Talk
- would only connect to the first Google account

Crashes
- a restart caused a factory reset and loss of all Vodafone apps - surely that should never happen?

Keyboard etc
- on the default keyboard, the + character is very difficult to find
- the touch screen sometimes would not respond - Angry Birds Space triggered this for me
- the three soft button sometimes need pressing several times
- the response to the power button can be very slow

Data
- there is no backup tool
- Google Backup did not work for me

I am sure there are more problems (potterunlock, security issues etc), but these are the ones that I remember. Not exactly a good reference - certainly compared to for example the ZTE Blade it is a pretty poor show.

But I hope we will get CM9 soon, and that it will address most of the software problems!

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
To fix the crappy picture quality, get quickpic on the play store. The stock gallery does not render the image at full quality, but quickpic does.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

bumps

bumps

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Desire Z
you should have tried 888 rom it was alot better than stock roms imo

Hogweed

Hogweed

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Flash Modaco Gr2 ROM over your B885 and some (most?) of these problems will vanish. Unresponsive screen and non-responsive touch buttons, in particular, will become a thing of the past - the difference really is like night and day). I'm kicking myself for not having installed it much earlier than I did. It will even add the official Huawei backup tool.

The Gr2 ROM can be flashed directly over stock B885 without a wipe (although you should still backup first). All of your settings and apps will remain as they were before the upgrade.

Edited by Hogweed, 14 July 2012 - 05:04 PM.

glorifiedg

glorifiedg

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:Huawei g300
Ive upgraded to 888 stock and the system "forgets " the standard apps ive selected for each function everytime i reboot. Is this a bug or a problem that can be solved?

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

Ive upgraded to 888 stock and the system "forgets " the standard apps ive selected for each function everytime i reboot. Is this a bug or a problem that can be solved?

It's not a bug or a problem but a useful feature of android when duplicate functions are discovered in applications. It's lucky that data transfers using this bodged method. You should backup properly using something free like Titanium Backup.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users