Help me! My G300 U8818 stop booting at China Unicom screen!

Guest silut7

Guest silut7

I'm using ICS on my G300 U8818 version. The last time, it be turn off suddenly, i must pull the battery and restart, but it stop booting at China Unicom screen (it is not the first bootscreen, i mean the second screen, after boot animation). I tried with new rom via CWM, restore original 2.3.6 (dload) but it still with that problem, :(, please help me! Thank alot!

Guest Gary_J_Wright

From inside clockwork mod

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache partition

ADVANCED > WIPE DALVIK CACHE

ADVANCED >WIPE BATTERY STATS

reboot

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest silut7

From inside clockwork mod

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache partition

ADVANCED > WIPE DALVIK CACHE

ADVANCED >WIPE BATTERY STATS

reboot

I tried that method, but nothing change!

Guest silut7

A restore to gingerbread won't work as the bootloader changed in ics. Try reflashing ics again.

Yes, i think my bootloder was locked. I reflashed ICS twice time from update.app but still get the bootloop :(. Now i have two thing in ICS: bootloop and locked bootloader.

Oh my God, what can i do? :(

Guest Davidoff59

Did you try a force update? It you still have the official ics update.app in the dload folder, pressing power, volume up and down will force the update to flash

Guest silut7

Did you try a force update? It you still have the official ics update.app in the dload folder, pressing power, volume up and down will force the update to flash

i did it twice time :(

Guest Gary_J_Wright

I tried that method, but nothing change!

official ICS will remove cwm

either you have not used update.app inside dload folder or its corrupt

put new download of official ics on external sd card not a cwm zip, the official update.app

should be dload (folder) with update.app inside

hold volume up and volume down + power on to force update to ics

if it still boot loops remove battery, hold volume up replace battery and power on - STILL holding volume up

10 to 20 seconds hold and ANDROID recovery comes up NOT CWM clear cache / factory reset then reboot

should now boot ics

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest Hogweed

Do you still have CWM? If so might be worth it to try flashing the Modaco Ir1 ICS ROM with CWM. Although I think that ROM might only be available to paying members at the moment. Edit: As Gary says above though, if you still have CWM it suggests the most recent forced update hasn't worked and that's worth double checking you did it correctly.

This ROM should also be flashable over stock ICS (wipe first) if you can't get the official method to work but still have CWM

Edited by Hogweed

Guest Ellis456q

I had problems when my ICS was stuck on boot, I used cwm to install atomic mod then after that used the sd card update to get back to ics.

Guest silut7

official ICS will remove cwm

either you have not used update.app inside dload folder or its corrupt

put new download of official ics on external sd card not a cwm zip, the official update.app

should be dload (folder) with update.app inside

hold volume up and volume down + power on to force update to ics

if it still boot loops remove battery, hold volume up replace battery and power on - STILL holding volume up

10 to 20 seconds hold and ANDROID recovery comes up NOT CWM clear cache / factory reset then reboot

should now boot ics

I tried. but nothing change :( sometime it boot into home screen, but few seconds after, it get back boot animation and return China Unicom screen, three button had light. I'm looking for english ICS update, official from Huawei.

Edited by silut7

Guest silut7

Do you still have CWM? If so might be worth it to try flashing the Modaco Ir1 ICS ROM with CWM. Although I think that ROM might only be available to paying members at the moment. Edit: As Gary says above though, if you still have CWM it suggests the most recent forced update hasn't worked and that's worth double checking you did it correctly.

This ROM should also be flashable over stock ICS (wipe first) http://www.modaco.co...htcmania-by-me/ if you can't get the official method to work but still have CWM

I had problems when my ICS was stuck on boot, I used cwm to install atomic mod then after that used the sd card update to get back to ics.

I lost CWM :(

Guest FrownBreaker

Can I flash CWM zip ROM with android recovery (update.zip)?

I think you need to get a stable bootable ICS install.

Once this is done you can worry about adding the CWM.

As you are using the official UPDATE.APP these are signed and so there can be no problem with the files, though there is no harm checking the MD5 hashes.

I would recommend wiping a new micro SD card and using that to reflash.

Also remember to pull the battery out of the phone for a least 10 seconds and not to leave the phone on mains power during the reflash.

Make sure you have a fully charged battery before you start and ensure the battery does not fall out during the flash (I use USB power and battery during flashing- and remove both once complete.)

Edited by FrownBreaker

Guest silut7

I think you need to get a stable bootable ICS install.

Once this is done you can worry about adding the CWM.

As you are using the official UPDATE.APP these are signed and so there can be no problem with the files, though there is no harm checking the MD5 hashes.

I would recommend wiping a new micro SD card and using that to reflash.

Also remember to pull the battery out of the phone for a least 10 seconds and not to leave the phone on mains power during the reflash.

Make sure you have a fully charged battery before you start and ensure the battery does not fall out during the flash (I use USB power and battery during flashing- and remove both once complete.)

Thank for help. I tried many time but not successful, i think my phone get problem on vga chip, so it cant display true color in long time. So I sent it to service care. Hope it resolved.