65 replies to this topic

smweb

smweb

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300

Anyone know if you can download the keyboard from CM 10 on google play? I'm pretty sure I've seen the same Jellybean keyboard on the play store but I just can't remember what it was called.

https://play.google....elly.free&hl=en

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC
As Swype is on offer for 65p I thought I'd give it a try and I must say I really like it. The swiping seems better than on Swiftkey and the word prediction seems just as good. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that the keyboard took so much screen space but after a few tweaks of the hybrid settings in PAC I got it sized down a little and it is spot on now. Well worth 65p IMO.

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Vowney V5.
  • Twitter:@Rico_89_

https://play.google....elly.free&hl=en

Thanks but the one I was looking for is a bit different..(no advertising and predicted text doesn't pop up when swipe-ing). No big deal because I'd probably have to overwrite the stock ICS keyboard, which I don't really want to do.

Edited by Rico_89, 30 April 2013 - 04:01 PM.

cashmerecardi

cashmerecardi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
I

will have a look , is there a free alternative?

You can download the beta version for free from the Swype website.

That's what I'm running. I have only noticed one bug (swiping comma to spacebar was bringing up .com instead of comma space) and that seems to be ironed out now. I quite like that I'm testing a beta version and it is very stable. Love it.

ETA but for the sake of 65p I would probably have gone with the official release - it wasn't available when I was looking.

Edited by cashmerecardi, 01 May 2013 - 06:50 PM.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
In the final version you can remove the voice key and there are more themes. Seems smoother and faster too.

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

xhtml

xhtml

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

What's the default gingerbread spell checker for the G300?

It displays more than just 3 words (in the line above the keyboard) on an endless horizontal scroll.

I'd like to be able to use it on Kitkat if possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users