[ICS] Found U8815 B927 ROM

Guest rsrocha

Guest Miki Bakaiki

Hi guys ! This is my first post, so if there's an "introduction thread" out here, let me know :)

And i have a question : i tried this method to update to B927 (i'm in B926),but i tried the "settings upgrade" and it was "upgrading" (a pink bar metter - that's what you call it ?! :P) for like 10 minutes ; then i took out the battery and rebbot the phone, now i'm still with the b926... I copied both dload and vendor files to sd card ..

Any help on how i might get this done ? :D

Thanks you so much!

Hi guys ! This is my first post, so if there's an "introduction thread" out here, let me know :)

And i have a question : i tried this method to update to B927 (i'm in B926),but i tried the "settings upgrade" and it was "upgrading" (a pink bar metter - that's what you call it ?! :P) for like 10 minutes ; then i took out the battery and rebbot the phone, now i'm still with the b926... I copied both dload and vendor files to sd card ..

Any help on how i might get this done ? :D

Thanks you so much!

I hope you have installed cwm and backedup before you try the following

To install B927 you will have to follow this link:

I stress follow the instructions methodically especially the multiple imei backup copies. Do that and 927 will be running sweet in no time.

B934 seems the better choice though

If you already have CWM installed and are on baseband 2030 then there is no need to use the 'settings upgrade' or the imei hack methods to upgrade to other ICS roms. Doing this is just risky and has no benefit, in fact if you are already on b926 baseband then you can make your mobile data performance worse because the b926 baseband supports HSPA:11 which none of the other ICS roms do. There are CWM zips available in these forums for both b927 and b934 so you should really use those instead.

Edited by Cyda

Guest Rico_89

I was worried that would be the solution :( Taking the back off this thing is about as fun as...well, something not very fun at all.

Put your thumb through a T-shirt, rest the phone on your thigh screen up, hold the phone down on the top and bottom and with your thumb nail, in the T-Shirt, push down and bend away from the phone slightly. This way the case will pop off pretty easy with no risk of damaging the back cover.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest sliderguy

Hi guys i wanted to get a custom rom on my Huawei g300 but managed to get a Chinese rom from the Huawaie website. It worked well but decided to put the uk version on.

I couldn't find the right rom so decided to go back to the Vodafone rom.

Once this was done my sim card does not get recognuised. I tryed to put the APN settings, when i try to save them nothings is saved. I try to do an automatic search networks but nothings happens.

I went into clockwork recovery, did the wipe cache and factory reset wipe and then try to install custom rom but it keeps saying aborted. I tried difffernt roms supporting mu device U8815 but still nothings happens, always get the abort message.

Any ideas I am on android version 2.3.6 with clockwork recovery installed. The phone has been unlocked to all networks.

Thanks

Guest rosco-85

Hi guys i wanted to get a custom rom on my Huawei g300 but managed to get a Chinese rom from the Huawaie website. It worked well but decided to put the uk version on.

I couldn't find the right rom so decided to go back to the Vodafone rom.

Once this was done my sim card does not get recognuised. I tryed to put the APN settings, when i try to save them nothings is saved. I try to do an automatic search networks but nothings happens.

I went into clockwork recovery, did the wipe cache and factory reset wipe and then try to install custom rom but it keeps saying aborted. I tried difffernt roms supporting mu device U8815 but still nothings happens, always get the abort message.

Any ideas I am on android version 2.3.6 with clockwork recovery installed. The phone has been unlocked to all networks.

Thanks

B934 is fast and smooth, with no Chinese rubbish. You should flash that. Or the Infusion ROM. Both work great!

Guest ddx1980

Thank you for middle update suggestion: it fixed the problem to upgrade from B892 to B934.

Remember to backup your contents before upgrading because all of your contents will be deleted.

Guest roybennett

Hi All,

As a complete newbie, I found this most interesting and thankyou for posting it.

I bought a G300 yesterday from Vodafone; got it unlocked for a fiver and put my O2 sim card in. Works perfectly.

Didn't like the Android 2.3 (B892) interface. I much prefer ICS, which I have on my Toshiba tablet. So, I thought I've not much to lose. I downloaded the B892 from HUAWEI rom to be on the safe side (emergency restore) and then downloaded the B934 rom from the HUAWEI website. Just followed the instructions given in this topic and replaced the recommended B927 file with the B934. I did get the 'update failed' problem, but the fix given (U8815 middle package) worked perfectly. B934 installed without a problem. I've not bothered with any of the vendor stuff as I am not a Vodafone customer. Thank you so much for this. All I need to do now is find a nice dialler app to replace the standard one - it is a wee bit boring. Any suggestions?

BTW, does anyone want to buy a Vodaphone £10 top-up code for £9? The SOB's made me buy it with the phone.

Guest PandaThing

I just tried this and found that ICS isn't running any programs in the background (keeping them in memory). For example i have to start the launcher every time i press home. Is is possible to to back? Or is there a simple solution?

Actually, i just checked, and something is eating up ALL of my RAM. But i have no idea what,

So after a full factory reset and reinstall of the ICS update I have it working perfectly. I recommend doing this if you have problems.

Edited by PandaThing

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ZhakariaK

EVERY STEP BY MY Build 926 DOESN'T WORK :(!!!!

I also tried the Middel APP File BUT I CAN'T UPDATE IT !

Please HELP!! No Steps are working yet!

I downloaded in the past here about modaco the chinese stock rom and updated my ascend g300 and it becomes the U8818... this stock rom is the same ICS Version of mine, but it doesn't work yet!!!

Please help :(....