How to Uninstall Aps? (926 - Rooted & w/ CWM)

Guest chico2069

Guest chico2069

Hello every1.

First of all, pardon my ignorance in these matters. I have ease at understanding them beeing an IT guy but i have little experience with "androiding" around :)

My question, as u may have figured from the topic, is how to uninstall unwanted apps from the phone (the ones that come with the build)?

I know i have to have root access to the phone, which i do have. Phone is rooted, has CWM and is running the chinese 926 ICS.

I've read somewhere that u need some sort of root explorer but couldn't figure out the propper instructions.

Does this root explorer come with the phone or do i need to install one? If i need to install, is there like one out there on the market or, if there's more then one, which one do u guys recomend?

Basicly, i have a fresh installed ICS 926, with GApps but i want to remove those 2 chinese apps i obviously will not use and a few other (like the Cloud+ and Hispace) that i just won't use and i've noticed are hogging some memory.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

With kind regards,

chico2069.

Guest vladax10

the easiest way to do this is to download link2sd app from market,then search for app you want to erase,long tap-uninstall,this will erase app and dalvik cache!

Guest chico2069

That simple, hein??? :) thanks a lot. Will give it a try later when i get home.

The reason i want to do this is mostly because i've noticed that this ICS 926 is a tad heavier on the RAM memory.

On the old 884 i used to have min 100 mb to 150mb occupied in general.

Now on the ICS, iits always between 150 and 200 mb.

Now this isn't really an issue but the G300 doesnt have a lot of RAM memory so i want to try and keep my phone as "clean" as possible :)

Thank you once more.

Edited by chico2069

Guest nobrakes666

I'm new to android as well - I have 926 + the vendor apps loaded & can't upgrade to 927 - How do we know which apps are safe to uninstall?

Martyn

Guest bladebuddy
I'm new to android as well - I have 926 + the vendor apps loaded & can't upgrade to 927 - How do we know which apps are safe to uninstall?

Martyn

If you have titanium backup installed you could try freezing the apps for a couple of days to see if everything still works and if so they should be safe to delete. Or try searching the forum as there might be a list of safe apps to remove.