Photo

Acer Liquid Gallant Duo landing in August with rock bottom price and above average specs

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Anil K Solanki

Anil K Solanki

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy NEXUS
  • Twitter:@aksolanki
Hi, using PayPal for anything other than an eBay purchase is like paying with cash. You will not be covered by PayPal. A credit card is definitely the way to go.

Galaxy NEXUS with a side of Jelly Bean.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Is it out yet

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Devices:SGS3 I9300 + OMC/ZTE Skate
There's now some more news about this device!... Looks like Expansys are ready to accept pre-orders for the white & black devices, link --> http://www.expansys....filter=1|7|Acer & here is link to a video info http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwJ-5qQ1Zg4...
Anyone still thinking of getting one of these for development???...

main-logo.pngSamba_hi_res_normal.jpg02_96x31.png14.gifreferral-ad-120x60.pnglogo-colors1-vflhO4gIp.png
Current devices [ ROM ]: Samsung Galaxy SIII [ CM11 Nightly ], Motorola Moto G [ Stock JB ], & Google/Asus Nexus 7 2013 [ Stock KK ]
Previous devices: Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC ( Anzu ), Orange Monte Carlo ( ZTE Skate ), Orange San Francisco ( ZTE Blade ), & HTC Wildfire ( Buzz )

Ascend

Ascend

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Devices:S3, Cubot GT99, G300
Am really interested in a dual sim. Are there any other contenders at this sort of price point?

Don't forget Quidco or Topcashback if you go for it. 5% if it tracks.

Huawei G300 ICS

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts
  • Devices:Moto E

chris_kozani

chris_kozani

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:acer liquid metal
Does anyone know how to root this phone? This is the only thing that holds me from buying this phone.I was satisfied from liquid mt and as it is not going to take ics i think that gallant will be a good upgrade

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
I'm considering getting one...

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Ascend

Ascend

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Just taken delivery of a black one. :) I ordered it on Sunday when it was still pre-orders in Expansys and it was delivered about half an hour ago.

First impressions are that it is very responsive but have only just started to explore.

Any questions, fire away.

Huawei G300 ICS

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts
  • Devices:Moto E

Just taken delivery of a black one. :) I ordered it on Sunday when it was still pre-orders in Expansys and it was delivered about half an hour ago.

First impressions are that it is very responsive but have only just started to explore.

Any questions, fire away.

whats the size like compared to the g300, is much bigger or barely noticeable?

whats the screen like?

how many simcards are you using in it?

Ascend

Ascend

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Not a big difference in size but it is thinner.Obviously slightly bigger.

Screen looks great.

Am using two sims on Three network. One has voice, text and data and the other has data only. Am having a slight problem as where I live does not have a strong 3g signal so they keep switching to Orange and giving an error message. Currently playing with APN settings.

Huawei G300 ICS

Ascend

Ascend

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Antutu benchmark 3832. My G300 is around 2900.

Huawei G300 ICS

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150
Wonder how it compares to Xperia U. Dual core vs single core but 512MB vs 1GB ram.

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

ayziaa

ayziaa

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, LG G Pad
  • Twitter:@Ayziaa
The desire X is also bring also some good specs ( 4 inch and dual core s4) for the price (yet unknown but bettween the One v and the desire c), the huawei G330 was anounced today at the ifa same specs as G300 but dual core. But if paul buy an acer liquid gallant it will definitely be a plus for me lol :) (maybe he will root it) .

Edited by ayziaa, 31 August 2012 - 06:45 PM.

Android folder music player for holo lovers :https://play.google....=fr.ayziaa.App2

Ascend

Ascend

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
As I said before I am trying to use two '3' Sims. I cannot get both to use 3G. One of them always reverts to 2G on the Orange network and shows the roaming symbol even with roaming disabled.
Am I missing something ?

Huawei G300 ICS

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Devices:SGS3 I9300 + OMC/ZTE Skate
Sorry to crash this thread but I would love to get one of these --> http://android-sale.com/jiayu-g3.html if people here are also getting one for developing ICS & eventually JB on it?... Although it's great just as it is... It's not quite released for purchasing but when it does, I will assume it will go like the clappers, especially in China!...

Edited by trueno2k, 31 August 2012 - 11:37 PM.

main-logo.pngSamba_hi_res_normal.jpg02_96x31.png14.gifreferral-ad-120x60.pnglogo-colors1-vflhO4gIp.png
Current devices [ ROM ]: Samsung Galaxy SIII [ CM11 Nightly ], Motorola Moto G [ Stock JB ], & Google/Asus Nexus 7 2013 [ Stock KK ]
Previous devices: Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC ( Anzu ), Orange Monte Carlo ( ZTE Skate ), Orange San Francisco ( ZTE Blade ), & HTC Wildfire ( Buzz )

nosekefik

nosekefik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid Gallant Duo
  • Twitter:@nosekefik
I ordered this phone, and i want to root it.. asi sugestion??
Thanks!

adrenalize_

adrenalize_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire S, ZTE Blade/OSF

As I said before I am trying to use two '3' Sims. I cannot get both to use 3G. One of them always reverts to 2G on the Orange network and shows the roaming symbol even with roaming disabled.
Am I missing something ?

Sorry if my answer sounds like an answer by the "IT crowd" give me a slap if it does!

I'm assuming that you are not trying to get both SIMs on 3G at the same time as nearly all 3G dual SIM handsets I've seen only do 2G on the second SIM - the ALGD included.

Isn't the roaming setting only for data? On an android phone you usually get the roaming symbol when using just voice.

Technically a 3 SIM does roam when it uses the everything everywhere network. My old Orange sim used to say roaming when using a T-Mobile mast until they merged the networks earlier this year.

My ALGD is winging it's way to me now (from Expansys UK but shipped from France) so I'll be able to have a play next week when it arrives.

I'm using a HTC Desire V dual SIM at the moment (actually a T328w from China - but running the HTC Asia WWE ROM) and I'm like Jekyl and Hyde with it - great size - very thin - usual HTC sense stuff that I like - but very very slow and the bluetooth doesn't work properly with my BMW handsfree! Grrr!

Hope there will be some good community support - I'm fine with stock if it is good - but might like to add some of the HTC features - their dual sim dialler and messaging app is nice as it gives you a send/call button for each SIM instead of a popup menu asking which SIM to use - I have the APK but think it might need more of the HTC system framework to work - and might need root on the ALGD.

Ascend

Ascend

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Sorry if my answer sounds like an answer by the "IT crowd" give me a slap if it does!

I'm assuming that you are not trying to get both SIMs on 3G at the same time as nearly all 3G dual SIM handsets I've seen only do 2G on the second SIM - the ALGD included.

Isn't the roaming setting only for data? On an android phone you usually get the roaming symbol when using just voice.

Technically a 3 SIM does roam when it uses the everything everywhere network. My old Orange sim used to say roaming when using a T-Mobile mast until they merged the networks earlier this year.

My ALGD is winging it's way to me now (from Expansys UK but shipped from France) so I'll be able to have a play next week when it arrives.

I'm using a HTC Desire V dual SIM at the moment (actually a T328w from China - but running the HTC Asia WWE ROM) and I'm like Jekyl and Hyde with it - great size - very thin - usual HTC sense stuff that I like - but very very slow and the bluetooth doesn't work properly with my BMW handsfree! Grrr!

Hope there will be some good community support - I'm fine with stock if it is good - but might like to add some of the HTC features - their dual sim dialler and messaging app is nice as it gives you a send/call button for each SIM instead of a popup menu asking which SIM to use - I have the APK but think it might need more of the HTC system framework to work - and might need root on the ALGD.

Thanks for the reply. I don't want to use data on both sims at the same time but my concern is that "3" will block my voice and text sim as it is permanently on the Orange 2G network.

My second "3" sim is data only so I get charged if I use it for text or voice.

I have a small amount of data on my voice and text sim which is why I want to use the data only one for data. (I have 5GB for £8 per month on it. Its very old !)

PS No slap needed. :D

PPS I would be interested in rooting too.

Huawei G300 ICS

ayziaa

ayziaa

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, LG G Pad
  • Twitter:@Ayziaa

Sorry to crash this thread but I would love to get one of these --> http://android-sale.com/jiayu-g3.html if people here are also getting one for developing ICS & eventually JB on it?... Although it's great just as it is... It's not quite released for purchasing but when it does, I will assume it will go like the clappers, especially in China!...

Looking only at the specs it's very attractive but aren't you afraid you'll get a crappy phone? I mean the screen resolution won't make it a good screen (colors, angles...), despite the huge battery it could be very poor quality with some half done software and battery drains. And 8 mpx camera in china means often 5 mpx but rename 8, so be carefull!

Android folder music player for holo lovers :https://play.google....=fr.ayziaa.App2

adrenalize_

adrenalize_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire S, ZTE Blade/OSF

Thanks for the reply. I don't want to use data on both sims at the same time but my concern is that "3" will block my voice and text sim as it is permanently on the Orange 2G network.

My second "3" sim is data only so I get charged if I use it for text or voice.

I have a small amount of data on my voice and text sim which is why I want to use the data only one for data. (I have 5GB for £8 per month on it. Its very old !)

PS No slap needed. :D

PPS I would be interested in rooting too.

Ah yes - it's been a while since I had a 3 SIM and I forgot they don't like 2G use only. I wonder if they do it based on network records of which cells you log on to - or the IMEI of your handset. That's a nice data plan 5GB for £8! You don't want to loose that one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users