TPT for SF2

Guest chris231

Guest chris231

Hi All,

Have made TPTs for the SF2.

There has been a few posts from some wanting a new TPT to accomadate the CM9 ICS rom of Daz's.

This is based on Amphoras TPT (200MB system, 40MB cache, 200MB data)

The usual get outs apply: if it bricks your phone then sorry, but that's the risk you take..... OK.... OK..... Check MD5

http://rollestonpark...220-10-210-SF2/

MD5: e56a48bbef499f56f303e8b6aa021d9f

cache 10mb

system 220mb

userdata 210mb

Recovery is Daz's 6.0.0.8 CWM

http://rollestonpark...200-20-220-SF2/

MD5: B7191C0761D4EF5E9B5488C8C59C426E

cache 20mb

system 200mb

userdata 220mb

http://rollestonpark.myzen.co.uk/crescent/220-20-200-SF2/

MD5: 45642263154832e59cc45e025c056db6

cache 20mb

system 220mb

userdata 200mb

Backup phone first as everything will be wiped.

Check the readme.txt file for info.

Put the image.bin file in image folder on root of SD card.

Turn off phone and probably take out battery for 20 sec

Turn on phone with vol+ and home pressed until you see the progress bar.

Go to recovery and restore or flash a rom of your chose as usual.

I could make others if there is a general consensus on what's a good layout.

Won't work on vivacity, think things are different, but could create for vivacity if wanted.

If/when I make others I'll place them here: http://rollestonpark...co.uk/crescent/

Chris

Edited by chris231

Guest surfungus

Chris, you are a star! This is just what I needed,I've been having a nightmare trying to get back to bigger partitions.

Works well, daz's new cwm, bigger partitions, excellent job!

Thank you very very much, I'll add this to the list of handy stuff when I stop celebrating :D

Cheers surf

Guest Liamness

Cheers. If you're making TPTs, could you make one with 40mb cache and 260mb system? I can't figure out a way to make one on my mac.

Edited by Liamness

Guest chris231

Cheers. If you're making TPTs, could you make one with 40mb cache and 260mb system? I can't figure out a way to make one on my mac.

that will leave you with just 140mb userdata, I only install a small quantity of apps and use 135mb and thats using the A2SD script as well.

Also the data area stores things like browsing data as you use the net etc.

Is this for Jelly Bean? not sure why you'd want such a large system partition.

Is there others who would like this setup?

I'll create another TPT if there's a general consensus on a good layout.

Guest Liamness

It's just that the last build of CM9 Daz recommended 220mb partition at least, and CM10 is larger and the JB gapps is also bigger! I'm assuming that's kind of in the ballpark of what we'll need. I don't imagine it would be a problem as long as a2sd was installed.

I'm still not totally sure what the cache does tbh and what's the best size for that. I should probably just work out a way to do this myself and have a play around, shouldn't I.

Guest surfungus

Forgot to say I had to flash mine via system updates (settings-about phone-system updates) cus it wouldn't start when doing the power button+vol combo.

Guest chris231

Forgot to say I had to flash mine via system updates (settings-about phone-system updates) cus it wouldn't start when doing the power button+vol combo.

It's power and vol up and home (3 keys all together)

Is that what you tried?

Edited by chris231

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chris231

After my phone going a bit AWOL, I had to TPT it to get it back on track.

So I created a new TPT to suit what I wanted.

In case anyone else want's it I have added it to my first post on this thread and altered the directory structure slightly on the download site.

This is to allow other TPTs to be added if anyone asks.

Could probably make vivacity ones if anyone what one, although won't be able to test those.

Chris

Edited by chris231

Guest irishpancake
After my phone going a bit AWOL, I had to TPT it to get it back on track.

So I created a new TPT to suit what I wanted.

In case anyone else want's it I have added it to my first post on this thread and altered the directory structure slightly on the download site.

This is to allow other TPTs to be added if anyone asks.

Could probably make vivacity ones if anyone what one, although won't be able to test those.

Chris

TMV TPT would be nice.... not sure of what partitions yet, as using S2SD GUI....

dalvik still on device, Originally TPT'ed with Amphoras to flash CWM.....I'll get back with existing partition layout.... it's the wife's phone, so can't mess around too much :P

Guest chris231

TMV TPT would be nice.... not sure of what partitions yet, as using S2SD GUI....

name your sizes or rom you are using and I'll sort something.

Are you running low on data or system partition? If not then probably no need to TPT at this time.

If not sure trying install a little app called 'diskinfo' really good for finding out what's happening with your disk usage.

Guest irishpancake

Are you running low on data or system partition? If not then probably no need to TPT at this time.

If not sure trying install a little app called 'diskinfo' really good for finding out what's happening with your disk usage.

I'll get back to ya....... as "she who must be obeyed" has the phone, and I dare not mess with it in her presence.....long story :wub:

I also just remembered, I actually put A2SDGUI for DT scripts on this TMV, it's running FNC 6....and very good it is too!!!

I just have apps linked to SD, and I left Dalvik on the device.....

so I think I won't risk the TPT until I hear complaints from the other department!!!

Thanks any way, hope I didn't waste any of your time!!!

Cheers

EDIT....gottit:

here is a screenshot from Diskinfo.......good little app!!!

shot_000001%20%281%29.jpg

System is pretty full, as I pushed a lot of Apps in there, when space was low, before I put DTA2SD on......used App2ROM App

However, as you can see, very tiny SD card, but it's OK, as the Missus ain't a big game player....

should I rephrase that!!!...ya know what i mean!!!

Edited by irishpancake

Guest chris231

yeah looks OK. Keep an eye on that data cos thats where some of the app's data goes even with A2SD installed. If it gets full installing more apps becomes difficult. But some of the data space can be recovered by deleting cache that the browser and other programs use and often over use.

Only area I can see to increase the data is by reducing the cache to say 20mb. This does then mean that only apps up to 20mb can be installed.

Don't worry about system. as long as there is about 10mb free then that is good, cos otherwise it's wasted space.

I'd leave it be if she's happy....

Chris

• 4 weeks later...
Guest OuahOuah

Mmmm

I understand the cache partition usage, but do you know so huge apps wich require more than 20 mb of cache ? lol

162 stock datat partition is little low for me, so I'm thinking about using your 220 (system)/20 (cache) /220 userdata .

The biggest app I install everytime is a 17,5 Mo apps, hope it will be ok with 20 mb of cache (19,9 uncompressed apk).

What do you think ?

Guest chris231

the TPT with 20mb cache has 200mb system partition, is this going to be big enough for what your planning? Which rom are you going to use?

20mb cache should be OK for your app installs.

Backup the large app apks to your sdcard before you use the TPT just in case, then you can install them from there.

These TPTs are for Orange San Francisco 2 ONLY, is that what you have?

Guest OuahOuah

I have a BLADE S (French ISP Free name for SF2)...

I plan to install Daz CM9 for the moment and his CM10 in a near future.

I already use his CM9 but 162 mo for data is really not enough...

I'm just afraid of a too small cache size as I don't really know the use of the cache partition...

Guest chris231

200mb system

20mb cache

220mb data

this TPT should be OK, as long as you remove some of the not used apks, large wallpapers etc from the cm9 rom.zip before flashing. Otherwise it will not fit on.

If your unsure I could pm a link over to you for a rom zip with the apks and other useless bits removed....

Edited by chris231

Guest OuahOuah

Thx for explanation.

For the moment I use CM9 and I'm waiting for next CM10 release because for the moment I can't use paid apps from PlayStore...

Guest chris231

Thx for explanation.

For the moment I use CM9 and I'm waiting for next CM10 release because for the moment I can't use paid apps from PlayStore...

fair enough, cm10 fits on 200mb system partition as well with a few minor mods anyway.

I think that if your prepared to remove a few bits from the rom zip file, then the 200 system, 20 cache, 220 userdata is by far the best setup.

It's what I always use...

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest dodgetimmy

Anyone got any idea how to tell if these are installed correctly?

If I have the same version of CWM already, I can't tell if they install or not.

EDIT* Nevermind, i was installing them wrong.

For my p736v (UK Orange San Fransisco II) you need to hold the menu key and the up(volume) key at the same time as powering on the device. The device mustn't be plugged into the computer also.I expect this may be different for other variants, but try if you're not having luck.

There are also other older (and p736e (UK Vivicity) TPT's here, if you don't want to lose the new recovery, or the older one bundled with these tpt's are not working for you, you can update only the recovery installing this

Edited by dodgetimmy

Guest nzmnisam

Im looking to flash rootBOX ROM, but 200mb system is not enough (vivacity) so can u please make 220mb system for vivacity. :)

Guest supermasters

Hi All,

Have made TPTs for the SF2.

There has been a few posts from some wanting a new TPT to accomadate the CM9 ICS rom of Daz's.

This is based on Amphoras TPT (200MB system, 40MB cache, 200MB data)

The usual get outs apply: if it bricks your phone then sorry, but that's the risk you take..... OK.... OK..... Check MD5

http://rollestonpark...220-10-210-SF2/

MD5: e56a48bbef499f56f303e8b6aa021d9f

cache 10mb

system 220mb

userdata 210mb

http://rollestonpark...200-20-220-SF2/

MD5: B7191C0761D4EF5E9B5488C8C59C426E

cache 20mb

system 200mb

userdata 220mb

http://rollestonpark...220-20-200-SF2/

MD5: 45642263154832e59cc45e025c056db6

cache 20mb

system 220mb

userdata 200mb

Backup phone first as everything will be wiped.

Check the readme.txt file for info.

Put the image.bin file in image folder on root of SD card.

Turn off phone and probably take out battery for 20 sec

Turn on phone with vol+ and home pressed until you see the progress bar.

Go to recovery and restore or flash a rom of your chose as usual.

I could make others if there is a general consensus on what's a good layout.

Won't work on vivacity, think things are different, but could create for vivacity if wanted.

If/when I make others I'll place them here: http://rollestonpark...co.uk/crescent/

Chris

Please make one for SF2 v i have been looking for it for good while and appreciate your hard work :P

cheers