[GUIDE]Possibly a New Rom Downgrade upgrade Tool found

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Guest elperroderoke

It worked for my. :)

I must be the most lucky guy with this phone.

Update from B883 (Spanish Yoigo) to B926, update to B926 to B927, and now downgrade from B927 to B882, just with update.app.

Regards.

Guest silut7

Have a version for U8818? because update failded.

filename = /mmc1/dload/update.app 

call RCV_MODULE_END_EVENT failed,module = OEMSBL_VER_LIST

CMD=0xf,moduleaddr = 0xe9000000, len_tmp=0x19

Edited by silut7

Guest silut7

@ own risk

if the update.app in dload folder dont work you have to use the hack method

the hack method dont work for me, because my phone can not boot to homescree :D, so i had a imei backup :D

Guest Jaisan888

My HAG300 was on B888 ROM.

Had wondered why Vodafone spent time and effort on this B892 Update when they will soon release ICS. So I decided to downgrade back to B885 so that my HAG300 can detect updates. It`s just a hunch that maybe Vodafone released B892 to fix some issues as a stepping stone towards ICS.

Following procedures (correctly) and downgraded without any problems then received Updates notifications on reboot. Along with all the Vodafone apps and settings but that`s fine for now.

Currently on Stock B892 ROM waiting for ICS.

Thank you Mr. G. J. Wright for all your time and effort, it is much appreciated.

Guest droiddruid

Is this an actual Huawei tool? Is it because it is in Update.app format that tells us it is from Huawei? Just trying to understand a little clearer.

Guest Dazzozo

I don't think this update.app in this thread is. It seems to be hacked, contains no actual partition data itself and seems to contain a list of B8xx ROMs for some reason...

Guest droiddruid

Maybe the thread title could be edited to save confusion.

I don't think its from Huawei either but don't have the know how to back that up technically. Just a hunch :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest elperroderoke

Back from B927 to B882 and the go to B892.

I had to flash this update.app to upgarde again to B927.

Back to B892 again using this.

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest bigmick1774

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the prompt response. I meant to say in my original post I tried the middle ZIP file based on comments on one of the other posts. It didnt work.

Just downloaded the ZIP you sent, exracted to SD card in dload and rebooted with the volume keys. Update failed again.

I was hoping that one of the full update apps would have simply overwritten as the Chinese ROM I am on has no root.

I did get a download APK of the google store app but it wont load just tries to load and flips back to home screen. Other forums recommend a clean of the dalvik cache but again would appear a need a rooted device / CWM installed - catch 22?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...