For this update to work you MUST already have B926 and CWM already installed and USB debugging enabled!
As always you do this at your own risk.
- Make a nandroid backup via CWM > Backup.
- Download the update files from here: http://www.multiuplo...o.uk/HZIBDT2X49
- Power off your g300 and pull the battery, then start in fastboot mode by holding vol. down and power on. The phone will appear to hang on the splash logo.
- Plug your phone in to your USB cable
- Extract the download from above to a folder and then run the file fastboot-install.bat
- After the flashing has finished pull the battery again and boot in to CWM - hold vol. up and power on.
- Once in CWM do a factory reset/wipe, wipe cache and dalvik cache.
- Pull battery again for a few seconds, put it back and then boot up & enable USB debugging.
- As you changed your system.img you will need to re-root but you shouldn't need to unlock the bootloader (and as you know CWM is already installed) - download the root/unlocker from here: http://www.modaco.co...tach_id=81949�. and connect your USB cable.
- Run the unlocker and select the root option, wait until root has finished and app closes.
- Check Superuser is in the apps drawer and if so you are rooted and all done.
FYI: this update does not install the vendor files but it does give you a nice clean build of ICS with the normal google files already installed.
Screenshot_2012-07-16-16-33-15.png 53.05KB 57 downloads
Edited by Hpez, 16 July 2012 - 07:12 PM.