Google Play Issues - B927

Guest HuaweiAscend

Guest bladebuddy

It is much further down, just found it.

Yes thanks found it now, but moving that courser is hard work. Will leave it until the morning, but thanks to all involved.

Easiest way (for me) to edit the build.prop is to copy it to your sdcard then open it on your PC, this saves typing on a tiny screen. Then once edited rename the old build.prop to something like build.prop.old and copy the edited one in to the system folder. Then reboot.

Oh, and after editing you may need to visit the play store on your phone and maybe even install an app so that the store updates with the device changes.

Edited by Hpez

Guest chico2069

Well.... i've installed 927, installed link2sd through market, removed a few of the apps i didnt want and then installed all the ones i like.

That includes Teamviewer, dropbox, facebook, shazam, GO Keyboard and a few others and all installed well, no problems and didnt need to resort to the great solution Hpez posted (thankfuly).

Edited by chico2069

Guest Rico_89

Well.... i've installed 927, installed link2sd through market, removed a few of the apps i didnt want and then installed all the ones i like.

That includes Teamviewer, dropbox, facebook, shazam, GO Keyboard and a few others and all installed well, no problems and didnt need to resort to the great solution Hpez posted (thankfuly).

Still worth applying the fix by Hpez though as some apps won't even show up in google play, so if you're just searching in general for an app you could miss out on the best ones with out even knowing it. And it takes all of about 2 minutes to complete.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest MiguelPereira

Easiest way (for me) to edit the build.prop is to copy it to your sdcard then open it on your PC, this saves typing on a tiny screen. Then once edited rename the old build.prop to something like build.prop.old and copy the edited one in to the system folder. Then reboot.

Oh, and after editing you may need to visit the play store on your phone and maybe even install an app so that the store updates with the device changes.

I have edited that line and it is still saying incompatible :o

Hi everyone!

Last night I was reading this thread as I was about to upgrade mine B888 to B927... After that process and experimenting PlayStore on the newly B927 I did noticed the issues mentioned here, for example itvPlayer and so on...

So I headed to another good source and founded THIS!!! Installed it and after a reboot I was founding some of the apps mentioned here! To be honest the one's I didn't find, I assume that is related to my location (Portugal) or by the fact that I have my device rooted.

So I guess this modded version of Google Play Store could be a good shot!

If you try it, please give the proper feedback here!

Thanks!

Edited by MiguelPereira

Guest chico2069

Im having some troubles editing the build.prop file.

I've managed to copy it to my PC, change the file, but when i send it back to the phone (i place it on the sdcard) and go the system folder and try to rename (and i've tried other things like deleting or changing its contents through the phone) it keeps failing as if the file is beeing used by the operating system or something.

In other words, i can't copy and replace the old build.prop with the new changed one.

Any hints?

Kind regards.

Guest Rico_89

You'll need to mount read only files to change them. My "Root Explorer" has a grey button on the top right which does this for me, then I just open the build.prop in a text editor, make my changes and then just exit/save.

Edited by Rico_89