[JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/09]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Oh that one and the cm-10-20121118-UNOFFICIAL-blade2-p736e.zip it seems ok but not youtube HQ like the other one and it also has quite a few graphical glitches

That's because it was built on 18/11, before the last set of changes were made. It's newer than the one in the thread though.

Guest Test007

To be fair it is my work that I've been continuing, I've just not been putting out builds.

Sure Dazzozo, everybody know that is your work (or almost everybody ;-) ), so why you not been putting out newer builds ? You know that we all are waiting for...so no surprise that someone did something what you don't. Please don't forget about people with crescent phones even if you have new phone, otherwise this topic will be dead...but I think, that is to early for this phone. Thank you.

Guest Dazzozo

Sure Dazzozo, everybody know that is your work (or almost everybody ;-) ), so why you not been putting out newer builds ? You know that we all are waiting for...so no surprise that someone did something what you don't. Please don't forget about people with crescent phones even if you have new phone, otherwise this topic will be dead...but I think, that is to early for this phone. Thank you.

Because people started acting entitled. I've not forgotten about the phone obviously as I still update the sources...

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

We all know/appreciate that it's your work Dazzozo but you can't blame a few people for helping the community and doing a few changes themselves, after all that's what this forum is about; The community. So as far as I'm concerned, it's nice to see people pitching in and helping out. Just my 2 cents though.

Oh and is there any chance of the flashlight working on the camera any time in the near future or is that one of the features we'll never have access to in ROMs above Gingerbread?

Edited by CurtisAndroidSF2

Guest Test007

Because people started acting entitled.[...]

One moment Dazzozo - Let me know something...are you author of the android ? I expect that the answer is NO, so...you get the source code from google and/or cyanogenmod team, compiled on your machine, published the final work and...stopped updating for long long time, then when someone wanted help and give us new improved build, now you want all of fame and donations ? I can't say that this is fair...can you ? Of course I understand that code included some improvements which made by you or another people, so I can only say thank you for that, but please don't blame people which want to help and doing good job for people which waiting for new improved versions of roms. How many times someone ask about working youtube, camera and other things ? Not all have knowledge and experience even for compiling rom only, so we welcome everyone who can do it. This is my opinion, thanks for attention.

Edited by Test007

Guest Dazzozo

One moment Dazzozo - Let me know something...are you author of the android ? I expect that the answer is NO, so...you get the source code from google and/or cyanogenmod team, compiled on your machine, published the final work and...stopped updating for long long time, then when someone wanted help and give us new improved build, now you want all of fame and donations ? I can't say that this is fair...can you ? Of course I understand that code included some improvements which made by you or another people, so I can only say thank you for that, but please don't blame people which want to help and doing good job for people which waiting for new improved versions of roms. How many times someone ask about working youtube, camera and other things ? Not all have knowledge and experience even for compiling rom only, so we welcome everyone who can do it. This is my opinion, thanks for attention.

This is ridiculous. I made none of these stupid insinuations.

It's as simple as: people couldn't wait until the sources cleaned up and decided to dive in themselves. Since my builds weren't needed anymore I stopped.

You can try and twist my argument as much as you want, but that's just how it is.

Guest Test007
[...]

It's as simple as: people couldn't wait until the sources cleaned up and decided to dive in themselves. Since my builds weren't needed anymore I stopped.

Indeed Dazzozo...because long waiting kills...faith...this is worse than death of our devices

You can try and twist my argument as much as you want, but that's just how it is.

I don't want twist your arguments, I just want believe that your builds are needed. You know how to do, so please do it and don't tell me that you prefer this ridiculous discussions. I would like to see just fully functional ROM on my phone, then I'll be happy to say Thank you very much for your hard work and maybe donate as well. It is simple...

Guest BLu3HaZe

Hi there ! Got a problem with this ROM. I can't use native tethering, I tried some other tethering apps but same result. What should I do ?

Not everything works in these ROMs built from source. If you would like all features to work perfectly, you should try a stock based GB ROM.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Just wondering if anybody else has an issue with the device suddenly not responding every now and again? It just goes black and I have to constantly tap the power or home button for it to wake up.

Guest rymate1234

Have you even tried porting a version of android to an entirely different device? It's more than just getting the source code and hitting compile you know. If you wish to see how much Dazzozo has done to get CM9/10 working on our devices, here is the device config. https://github.com/ColdFusionX/android_device_zte_blade2

Without this, there would be NO cyanogenmod based roms for the crescent. NONE AT ALL. Dazzozo didn't just do some simple improvements. He made the damn thing compile for the device, boot on the device and then he freaking made it work WELL on the device.

If it wasn't for the work of Dazzozo and the rest of the ColdFusionX team, none of this would even be here.

Indeed Dazzozo...because long waiting kills...faith...this is worse than death of our devices

The device is dead. The ARMv6 chipset that the crescent uses is no longer officially supported. If you're unhappy with unofficial builds of CM10 not being released often enough get a nexus.

I don't want twist your arguments, I just want believe that your builds are needed. You know how to do, so please do it and don't tell me that you prefer this ridiculous discussions. I would like to see just fully functional ROM on my phone, then I'll be happy to say Thank you very much for your hard work and maybe donate as well. It is simple...

We're never going to get a fully functional ICS/JB rom. What we have at the moment, Dazzozo built or not, is possibly the closest we can get.

If you want fully functional, go back to stock GB.

/rant

(note to Dazzozo - feel free to correct me if i got my facts wrong)

Guest rymate1234

Just wondering if anybody else has an issue with the device suddenly not responding every now and again? It just goes black and I have to constantly tap the power or home button for it to wake up.

That's what you get when you use an unofficial CM10 build on an ARMv6 device ;)

I also have this problem too, I think it's a bug. Maybe if people didn't whine so much and reported errors, Dazzozo and co might be inclined to fix stuff :P

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I wasn't whining, I just wanted to see if it was an actual problem and wasn't just my device before I attempted to fix it with a fresh install. I might jump back to CM9 Paranoid Android build.

Thanks

Guest ruyzalim

Not everything works in these ROMs built from source. If you would like all features to work perfectly, you should try a stock based GB ROM.

whats a stock based gb rom and were to get one for the vivacity? thanks a lot ;)

This is ridiculous. I made none of these stupid insinuations.

You know, the reason I had decided to "dive in myself" and upload the CM9 with the OMX stuff just slapped onto it was that I was ignorant of the work a dev like you is doing for our devices and I wanted impatient people to stop whining.

I did NOT and do not want to discredit your work by doing what I did, I just was, like many others impatient and didn't want to have to wait and see people constantly whining about it and I didn't think of the possible consequences.

I mean damn, you mad the entire device config from scratch.

Your work on CM7/CM9/AOKP/MIUI/AOSPFUSIONX/CM10 and the kind help and advice you have been giving to the community was really the only thing that has kept our phones alive for the last 6 months.

I appreciate all you have done so much that when I am done with Christmas shopping I'll in all likelihood donate something.

I really hope you won't be giving up this phone because of my and/or other peoples ignorance and/or impatience. There are so many patient and kind people on here,too.

I hope you understands the point I am trying to bring across

@ruyzalim:Here are some

• And imo the best