Photo

[JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/09]

* * * * - 6 votes

• Please log in to reply
779 replies to this topic

rymate1234

rymate1234

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Hi Dazzozo,

A good way to get paid for your job is to put you in touch with Free Mobile (if it is not already done) :
Free Mobile is one of the largest French telecommunications operator and Internet access provider.
Some functionality could probably be developped specifically for them :
For example, all subscribers (4 million) has access to a wifi network on any ADSL Freebox everywhere in France (Freewifi_secure, EAPSIM 802.1xEAP) : EAPSIM does not work on CM10.
Free Mobile is the only one selling the ZTE Blade S (Crescent) in France... and they sell a lot.
Free mobile probably appreciate a rom CM10 stamped "Free Mobile" for each Android phones they sell with this kind of functionality (EAPSIM Operational). They certainly could provide free phones to good developer and other things ...

And they certainly write better English than me :wacko:

I don't think they would care about what runs on the phones, as long as people buy them

OuahOuah

OuahOuah

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Custom ROM on Android devices :)
  • Devices:ZTE Crescent
  • Twitter:@parigotmanchot
Yeah, that's right lol

All mobile provider do not care about phones.
Specifically Free as it does sell only without long term paying.

Free sells the ZTE and that's all.
They only ask ZTE to put their boot anim at startup.

It's normal in my opinion.

Th emost guilty here are ZTE dev which, for example, does not release the phone camera driver :(
It stopped me from using this good port from dazzozo and switch back to FNC.

Anyway, thanks a lot daz, I was very happy with your CM10 port :) even if I don't use it anymore.

Keep ut your good work, on crescent or other devices and have a long and happy life man :)

Test007

Test007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Sensation XE

[...] I have done nothing wrong here but evidently you think you're owed something.

No Dazzozo ! No, no and again no !!! You are wrong...probably you not understood me...I just...trying (don't know why) to persuade you to continue your work because as I said most people still have Crescent devices and you know it. But OK, if you don't want continue...it is your decision and I respect it.

robob95

robob95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I registered on this forum a few weeks to ask two questions :
1 - Is it possible to have the USB audio standard on Crescent with CM10 ?
2 - Is it possible to run the EAP SIM on Crescent with CM10 ?
I had abslolutely no answer. Finally, just this one :

?

First of all LOL!I cannot believe what this topic has become.I think that Crescent have much more potential still,its just up to dedication to make it possible.After reading mixed reactions and Dazzozzo's posts i am not sure if Crescent will get any new updates. :(

I understand now these mixed reactions.

I'll try other roms, bye.

rymate1234

rymate1234

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

I registered on this forum a few weeks to ask two questions :
1 - Is it possible to have the USB audio standard on Crescent with CM10 ?
2 - Is it possible to run the EAP SIM on Crescent with CM10 ?
I had abslolutely no answer. Finally, just this one :

I understand now these mixed reactions.

I'll try other roms, bye.

I don't think the crescent has that capability with its USB port. Feel free to prove me wrong though :P

Also, you took those answers completely out of context - they had nothing to do with your question.

dimi89

dimi89

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Devices:LG 4X HD :D
I dont know what is not explained hire ? Let me try this way ....Dazzozo have 3 (maybe more) devices and he is tired of playing with Crescent and that is it.Deal with it....

P.S. Dazzozo can you just tell that you are not interested/tired in developing any new roms for Crescent , instead of just telling us some kid storyes how someone/somehow was inpatiend and asked you too many questions and now you are insulted by his behavior and all that .... 50 people apologized and asked you to continue your work and help us and you are still insulted by few of them for imaptience ? Yea,right...

rymate1234

rymate1234

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

I dont know what is not explained hire ? Let me try this way ....Dazzozo have 3 (maybe more) devices and he is tired of playing with Crescent and that is it.Deal with it....

P.S. Dazzozo can you just tell that you are not interested/tired in developing any new roms for Crescent , instead of just telling us some kid storyes how someone/somehow was inpatiend and asked you too many questions and now you are insulted by his behavior and all that .... 50 people apologized and asked you to continue your work and help us and you are still insulted by few of them for imaptience ? Yea,right...

As far as I know I think he is still doing development for the Crescent, but no more CM builds. A lot of improvements between my two PA builds was due to changes Dazzozo did in the device config (i.e. new kernel).

Test007

Test007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
rymate1234 are you his lawyer or something ? Anyway what a development is without new builds and where people can see any results ? On His machine ? So...please stop kidding me and one more time I wanted to ask Dazzozo about new builds. Dazzozo can you confirm, that you definately don't want release new builds for Crescent ? Good to see clear situation...

gbosh

gbosh

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Atlas W (Vivacity)
There's no big difference betweem developing and bringing out builds and making no build as it's very easy to build Cm10 from source.
Also he doesn't owe anyone new builds.

Test007

Test007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Yeah...indeed very easy...I'm sure that is many many things which are not easy for you or you need time for learning how to do, so...this is the same situation. There are hundreds reasons why people can't made builds from source, but I just wanted know if Dazzozo definately don't want release new builds. Of course he doesn't owe nothing anyone, but everybody know that he have experience, so he know how to do professional...As I said before - I don't expect miracle, but could be very nice to see new build which contain latest CM improvements from time to time...that's all.

reedo_17

reedo_17

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Devices:Nexus4,Blade,CrescentY300MotoG
  • Twitter:@@Ollie_Reed17
This is looking good for the skate but i notice that Dazzozo and Tidal both have the sources (coldfusion). Wondering if crescent may get 4.2?

Bit more info about how progress on 4.1 and 4.2:
Currently my life is very busy as I have university interviews and heavy load of school work. Progress on 4.2 is very good: we are definitely on track to make it better than 4.1. Working on the Xperia T with a lot more experienced developers has given me ideas for ways I can fix stuff for are skate.

Essentially the first release build of 4.2 for the skate will be pretty much be fully working to the standard of 4.1. You can expect this as a present during the Christmas period. 4.1 will follow not soon after that. That's all for now.

Test007

Test007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
At least this allows you to have hope :-) Thanks for info reedo.

rymate1234

rymate1234

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

This is looking good for the skate but i notice that Dazzozo and Tidal both have the sources (coldfusion). Wondering if crescent may get 4.2?

In theory yes, as a crap lot of the device sources jellybean onwards is in the zte-common cfx repo. Its only a question of whether Dazzozo will make the required changes in the blade2 config to make it build :)

EDIT: I say in theory as CyanogenMod are officially not supporting ARMv6 devices any more. So expect the ColdFusionX repos to be filled with patched cyanogenmod repos :P

(I have no real idea what I'm on about yet. I'm learning though :P)

Edited by rymate1234, 09 December 2012 - 10:14 PM.

razzmataz1478

razzmataz1478

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Interests:Flashing ROMs, Being distracted by my skate
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

In theory yes, as a crap lot of the device sources jellybean onwards is in the zte-common cfx repo. Its only a question of whether Dazzozo will make the required changes in the blade2 config to make it build :)

EDIT: I say in theory as CyanogenMod are officially not supporting ARMv6 devices any more. So expect the ColdFusionX repos to be filled with patched cyanogenmod repos :P

(I have no real idea what I'm on about yet. I'm learning though :P)

Everything that is working on the skate will (indefinitely) work on the crescent, though Bluetooth may be an exception. Some of what is in the skate config can be used in the blade2 config.

Edited by razzmataz1478, 09 December 2012 - 11:51 PM.

Posted Image

Current Phone:

Xperia T

Previous Phones:

Orange Monte Carlo

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic (Nokia C6-00 CFW)

Sony Ericsson v640i

Nokia 3120

Various other Nokia phones.

Not the best history of phones Posted Image

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo
It would probably make more sense to lock this thread and wait for 4.2 at this point.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

You're likely to get a quicker response from me on Twitter.

S3RiOUSS

S3RiOUSS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Vivacity

It would probably make more sense to lock this thread and wait for 4.2 at this point.

I agree!

CurtisAndroidSF2

CurtisAndroidSF2

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Music, Photography, Android, Technology & Gaming.
  • Devices:HUAWEI ASCEND P1
Oooh exciting news. I'm looking forward to it. It'll keep me entertained until I order my Nexus 4 next month.

Devices

Huawei Ascend P1 (Untouched, for now)

iPhone 4 16gb Jailbroke (6.1.3 semi-tethered) (Sold)

HTC ONE V (Unlocked Bootloader/TWRP installed) running CM10 (Sold)

ZTE Crescent (OSF2)- Paranoid Android 4.1 (Sold)

Samsung Galaxy I5500- CM7 (Sold)

My Photography

My Ported Roms:

MoKeeOS (Alpha) | GB MIUI (Alpha) | KonstaKang (Alpha)

| AtomicMod (Beta) |

SwedishSnow (Fully working) | H3 Blues

Help me by testing out my ported ROMs and let me know what works/doesn't work and post here

reedo_17

reedo_17

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Devices:Nexus4,Blade,CrescentY300MotoG
  • Twitter:@@Ollie_Reed17
Ive ordered a Nexus 4 to replace my ZTE Blade (has 1-2 weeks delivery) will still keep it updated but i will still carry on updating my brothers ZTE Crescent, I am excited about the possibility of 4.2!

Got by Nexus 4 btw

Edited by reedo_17, 20 December 2012 - 04:06 PM.

CurtisAndroidSF2

CurtisAndroidSF2

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Music, Photography, Android, Technology & Gaming.
  • Devices:HUAWEI ASCEND P1
Ordering mine after I get my wages sorted. Pretty excited to get hold of it. And I'll be keeping my Crescent as a back-up with 4.2 on it!

Devices

Huawei Ascend P1 (Untouched, for now)

iPhone 4 16gb Jailbroke (6.1.3 semi-tethered) (Sold)

HTC ONE V (Unlocked Bootloader/TWRP installed) running CM10 (Sold)

ZTE Crescent (OSF2)- Paranoid Android 4.1 (Sold)

Samsung Galaxy I5500- CM7 (Sold)

My Photography

My Ported Roms:

MoKeeOS (Alpha) | GB MIUI (Alpha) | KonstaKang (Alpha)

| AtomicMod (Beta) |

SwedishSnow (Fully working) | H3 Blues

Help me by testing out my ported ROMs and let me know what works/doesn't work and post here

ace9094

ace9094

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Hi Guys,

The WiFi see's everything but cannot connect to anything... It states "Connecting / Disconnecting"

I tried to set a static IP but the "Save" option is greyed out when making changes :(

Can anyone please advise?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users