Condition out of the box

Guest daveyman1

Guest daveyman1

Just received my G300 from Voda via courier and am not sure they're trying to pass off a returned handset.

Should the screen have a plastic stuck on protector and is it normal to have fingerprints over the screen and sim housing? Also the small notch to open the back appears to have been forced-there is a dent in the upper lip as if something sharps been used on it?

The phone's locked but I suppose if it was returned by a voda customer they wouldn't have unlocked it? All seems to be in the box and the battery appears new.

Is it worth the hassle of sending it back? Do Voda regularly do this sort of thing?

Any advice would be helpful,

Thanks,

Davey

Guest runlevel5

I cannot remember if it had a plastic protector in place but I do recall it being devoid of any fingerprints or marks on the lip where the back cover is prised off. Personaly, I wouldn't be happy with a phone that is as described by you. A recon/return should be sold and described as such and priced accordingly.

sorry your user experience has been tainted. is there an unboxing video on YouTube that may help you determine things further?

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Yep; no screen protector or fingerprints when I unboxed mine online. It does sound as though you have been handed a return. I would certainly advise returning, especially if there is a noticeable mark on it.

Guest Rico_89

... Also the small notch to open the back appears to have been forced-there is a dent in the upper lip as if something sharps been used on it?

The G300 back cover is notoriously difficult to remove (personally I put my thumb through a t-shirt so I do not damage the back cover) so I think that is very good evidence that this is a second hand item. I would say send it back; Reason: Item is damaged. Make sure they pay shipping both ways.

Also if its faster then get a refund and repurchase.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest gsf600y

Send it back and point out that they are selling used goods as new. Mention Trading Standards !

Yes, this should make them very helpful :)

Mine was perfect condition out of box. The first grubby fingerprints were my own.

Guest daveyman1

Thanks for all the info. Told Voda I want to return it and they've sent me out a return envelope-all seems very straightforward! I'll just nip to the shop and get one and then look at it before leaving-lost the TCB cash back though-worth it for a proper new phone.

Thank again all,

D

Guest Ascend

Under the UK distant selling regulations you have the right to send any goods back that have been bought over the internet. This applies whether the goods are faulty or not. There is a time limit but not sure what it is. Ten days possibly.

Guest irishpancake
Under the UK distant selling regulations you have the right to send any goods back that have been bought over the internet. This applies whether the goods are faulty or not. There is a time limit but not sure what it is. Ten days possibly.

Sale of Goods Act UK says "seven clear working days" from day after goods are received......

can be extended if you gave not been advised of your right if return!!!

http://oft.gov.uk/business-advice/treating-customers-fairly/sogahome/sogaexplained/

Guest grabster

Both of our g300s were immaculate when first unboxed but after mine was sent for repair,loose screen,mine arrived back in the same state as the op mentions,grubby with big bit of sticky plastic over the screen.

Sounds like a refurb to me.

Guest Maximus9

No screen protectors, but the (only one) seal on the box should be intact, and also no fingerprints, obviously.

But returning is no easy task... They will send you an envelope first (one week gone), then you have to go to the post office and stay in queue to get a receipt (even if you don't pay anything) to have a proof of delivery, VERY IMPORTANT, keep this carefully.

And then you will have to wait to get your refund... and wait... and wait.. and only after that you may be able to order another one.

Good luck!

Guest daveyman1

Thanks for all the advice. They've sent me out an envelope so I'll see how I get on. Paid by visa cc so if there are any issues at least I've that protection too.

Couldn't wait so went into Vodafone shop today and made sure I got a totally untouched handset, clean and pure as the driven snow.

Time for some flaming I think.

Now where did I put those Roms.........

Guest Maximus9

Did you receive the envelope? It takes some time, even though they do send you a quick SMS to let you know they will send it to you.

Until you will get your actual refund, it will be around a month.

If you buy in-store, much easier to replace but they make you pay for a £10 top up usually, and no £5 cashback.

But overall, less hassle then online.