Photo

[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

* * * * * 69 votes

• Please log in to reply
3134 replies to this topic

Nummer5

Nummer5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, HTC P3470,...

Installed a few days ago, lovely smooth experience.
Only problem is battery drain - I had the phone charging overnight and now (midday) it's down to 20%.

4h 38m 38s on battery
Mobile standby 59%
Phone idle 32%
Screen 8%
Android OS 2%

This is with data enabled, without it I get ages. Thing is, I bought a smartphone to have a data connection!
Any ideas why? My data bundle is expired at the moment, could that have something to do with it? If I can't figure something out I'll have to go back to CM9...

About data usage, take a look to page 104. Maybe it helps.

The battery status in settings is crap (at the moment).
It tells me about 59% usage by bluetooth - i NEVER user bluethooth.
Try e.g. GSam Battery Monitor.

But over all, new JB featueres like Google Now drains more power.

bbdoc

bbdoc

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I don't use google now as it's really a big battery drainer...

Part from that, I have noticed that setting the luminosity level to manual, whatever the level, my battery was draining quite fast. Setting it to automatic got me a big improvement on my battery life, no idea why...

If you are in a bad covering area, it might also be worth setting your mobile to use 2G networks only... constant switching between 3G and 2G networks can drain your battery quite fast.

Device: ZTE Blade GEN2
ROM Version: CyanogenMod 10 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.1.2)

purplegreendave

purplegreendave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Previously using KonstaKANG CM9, worked a charm.
Some suggestions that backups are the cause of some grief, I'll disable backing up data for a day and see how that goes.

sej7278

sej7278

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

I don't use google now as it's really a big battery drainer...

Part from that, I have noticed that setting the luminosity level to manual, whatever the level, my battery was draining quite fast. Setting it to automatic got me a big improvement on my battery life, no idea why...

If you are in a bad covering area, it might also be worth setting your mobile to use 2G networks only... constant switching between 3G and 2G networks can drain your battery quite fast.

wow that's weird about auto-brightness, as usually its the opposite - auto-brightness causes battery drain. i agree about 2g-only though, some people switch to aeroplane mode if they know they won't get a signal anyway.

don't laugh, but i think the new circle battery icon is causing battery drainage for me!

raizor6th

raizor6th

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Devices:ZTEblade V880 512mb
i'm stuck at cm10-20121017 because i never experience a battery performance in any ROM like this build i'm using.

BATTERY says in settings:
89% - Discharging

9h 3m 20s on battery

Screen - 36%
Cell standby - 27%
Voice calls - 17%
Phone idle - 14%
internet - 4%
Andriod system - 2%
widgets - 2%

My settings:

Display is set to auto brightness
Mobile network set to 2G
Govenor SMATASSV2
CPU: 122 and 604

the rest is in default
except im using apex launcher pro.

Edited by raizor6th, 08 November 2012 - 01:11 AM.

squee666

squee666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade

Actually I've started by reading the first post, but you get about 80 pages of talking about youtube that is said that will never work, and you don't bother ( actually i question why would want youtube HQ in such a small screen/device) but you get annoyed about some (3?) questions (was how much i found on radio subject) that was one of the reasons that made me buy this devide by the time i've done - besides being small (comparable to similars), and full android capable.
And, like i've pointed, that came capable by default with device, like MMS which is basic functions; in opposition to Youtube HQ (that can be fixed externally) but that bothers...

The device screen is not small at all. It uses a 840x480 screen resolution. HQ YouTube is not even that resolution. And compared to other phones even the SGS2 has the same screen Res just different quality.

Anttix

Anttix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Twitter:@anttix
Guys, apparently there's an update to google search available, but play says it isn't compatible. Anyone have an alternative download link?

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150

Guys, apparently there's an update to google search available, but play says it isn't compatible. Anyone have an alternative download link?

No since Google Now was hacked to work on the Blade and the new one needs to be hacked to work as well.

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

Raizer88

Raizer88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
here there are the 4.2 gapps
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1965290
can they be integrated on the blade?

jastonas

jastonas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Hello people! We have very good news!

All video problems seem to be fixed! (YouTube and Video recording - probably)

Someone managed to release a modified stagefrightlib that workslegacy OMX libs on ICS.

So I guess it's a matter of time until this is implemented in this rom :)

This is a new thread specific for a JB port.

Edited by jastonas, 09 November 2012 - 09:28 AM.

cowscrubber

cowscrubber

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Hello people! We have very good news!

All video problems seem to be fixed! (YouTube and Video recording - probably)

Someone managed to release a modified stagefrightlib that workslegacy OMX libs.

So I guess it's a matter of time until this is implemented in this rom :)

This is old news. Builds of ICS with Ganster's mods have been out for a while now. As for JB, it's being worked on.

snakewhisper

snakewhisper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
About the MMS status, for me it was working just fine on the 17102012 release, with this new update it stopped working.

camille1462

camille1462

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Well, I just submitted 3 patches to fix mms (the auto-retrieval part of them) at http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/26046/ http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/26050/ and http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/26047/ . Maybe it is this feature that people here are talking about? :huh:

Even stock AOSP does not have that, since they broke it around Android 2.3.7.. I had to fix Mms because I was getting battery drainage with data connections off.

Hi
Could you explain quickly to someone like me how to use the patch you wrote for the MMS if it is not yet integrated in CM10?
I couldn't understand anything on the links you gave.
Thanks a lot.

I'm not complaining, I promise! ;)

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Hi
Could you explain quickly to someone like me how to use the patch you wrote for the MMS if it is not yet integrated in CM10?
I couldn't understand anything on the links you gave.
Thanks a lot.

I'm not complaining, I promise! ;)

Lol, no problem! :)

Those are patches for the cm10 source code, so you have to wait till they are accepted by the cm reviewers, and that Konsta uploads a new version of the cm10 with those patches compiled. I won't upload compiled patches because I don't want to risk your cm10 installations. You just need to wait a few days..

But finally, those, like me, who don't have data plans, can now receive automatically mms without having to switch the data connection on (and risking paying big just for 0.1MB download).. :)

Edited by jventura, 09 November 2012 - 03:57 PM.

jpdoliveira

jpdoliveira

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Libra
  • Twitter:@jpdoliveira

Lol, no problem! :)

Those are patches for the cm10 source code, so you have to wait till they are accepted by the cm reviewers, and that Konsta uploads a new version of the cm10 with those patches compiled. I won't upload compiled patches because I don't want to risk your cm10 installations. You just need to wait a few days..

But finally, those, like me, who don't have data plans, can now receive automatically mms without having to switch the data connection on (and risking paying big just for 0.1MB download).. :)

receive and send i supose? And thats great. ;)

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

receive and send i supose? And thats great. ;)

Yeap, it has been merged now. Next version by Konsta will probably include that..

In the Mms application definitions, by default you will have "Mms Auto-retrieval" enabled. It allows to receive and send mms automatically without turning on the data connection. Hopefully, it will be perfect for those who do not have data plans, which is my case.. Just be careful so that "automatic retrieval on roaming" is not selected (by default it is not), or you may have costs while receiving mms in foreign countries.. :)

reedo_17

reedo_17

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Devices:Nexus4,Blade,CrescentY300MotoG
  • Twitter:@@Ollie_Reed17
doesnt matter

Edited by reedo_17, 10 November 2012 - 06:09 PM.

sugur

sugur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
is there any issue with the 3G mobile data on this rom??

sonic656

sonic656

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I'm still waiting for the magical words: "Finaly, HQ video is working!" :/

sej7278

sej7278

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts