Photo

[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

* * * * * 69 votes

• Please log in to reply
3134 replies to this topic

Cata_Simi

Cata_Simi

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade
Thank you for your work

RZRV8

RZRV8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@RZRV8
Can anyone like, tell me the best 'Performance' settings? Also, everything is badword perfect. Thank you @konSTAT and others for this great ROM. B)

Oh, btw, my current settings are, Governer> SmartassV2 and Minimum frequency> 245 MHz and Maximum frequency> 652 MHz, set on boot. And, I/O Schedular set to NOOP. (y) Everything is smooth as hell except just one minor error. When I unlock and open the Menu, it lags for 1.6 Seconds and reverts back to Normal 'buttery' smooth. Also, this only happens when I use 'Advanced Task Killer'. No other errors whatsoever. :D Great friggin' ROM! :D

Edited by RZRV8, 22 November 2012 - 12:54 PM.

RZRV8

RZRV8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Twitter:@RZRV8

Any Dev willing to look at this? This is one of the graphical bugs that people are having. I rarely have this, there's also a bug like this one but instead of the wifi settings being on the notification bar it's the lock screen, if I get that I'll take a screenshot of it.

I was facing this glitch too. I had 'No-Frills CPU Control' installed. The settings that 'No-Frills CPU Control' applied at boot or whenever it did, conflicted with the 'Performance' settings of the ROM's 'Settings' section. I uninstalled 'No-Frills CPU Control' and now, there are no such glitches. Maybe you can try removing any other 3rd party overclocking app that conflicts with the ROM's 'Settings'.. :)

Edited by RZRV8, 22 November 2012 - 01:14 PM.

mankulito2

mankulito2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
By the way, i am testing latest version for few days, all works great at the moment. Had a battery problems with older versions. Thanks.

Crazy T-Shirts with attitude: http://custom-shirts-with.info/

96frozen

96frozen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
I don't have it too, changed some settings under performance and it's all good now

ROM: CM10 by KonstaT

CWM: GEN2 CWM 6.0.1.1 by Snap.IT

Thank all of the developers topics, rate them 5 stars, they are the people who are keeping your cellphone alive.

Thanks to KonstaT, Snap.IT, tilal6991, daemond, Ganster (this guy is specially awesome for fixing OMX on 4.x ROMS), burstlam and many others that I can't think of right now :D

martin9959

martin9959

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi. Do you know if CSipSimple is working with the latest rom? I've tried with an old version and it kept on crashing.

I use nightly build 0.04-05 r1978 and it works fine for me (needs Audio troubleshooting -> Audio Implementation -> Java).

bezerra

bezerra

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

KonstaT, can you test my latest improvements on CM10? You can find info on XDA, UPD5 section of first post. I was test it on CM9 only, and it works great :)

Ganster can i flash the zip file via CWM on my cm10konstakang rom?

Ganster

Ganster

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
  • Twitter:@Ganster41
Its not flashable zip. You can replace your libs manually, but for get working extended extractor, libstagefright patch needed. So, wait new build from KonstaT.

bezerra

bezerra

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Its not flashable zip. You can replace your libs manually, but for get working extended extractor, libstagefright patch needed. So, wait new build from KonstaT.

Ok thanks Ganster! great work ;)

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

KonstaT, can you test my latest improvements on CM10? You can find info on XDA, UPD5 section of first post. I was test it on CM9 only, and it works great :)

I tested video playback with your latest commit and libs. I was able play xvid clip on MX player using hw decoder (it was a bit pixelated/blurry and software decoder did actually better job with it). I couldn't play clip with DX50 codec, still haven't found/tested an actual divx clip. H264/MPEG4 AVC clips in avi container couldn't be played using hardware decoder. WMV videos couldn't be played (probably weren't even supposed to), didn't test WMA audio clips. Haven't seen/heard anyone using RealMedia since 1990's. ;)

Where are these updated libs pulled from (what device/update)? There's even few new ones that we didn't previously have. I would just like know before I push them to my github. :)

Ganster

Ganster

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Some clips can not play for more reasons.
It can has audio in AC3 format, and we haven't decoder for it.
It can be encoded in profile higher than decoder supports(simple for MPEG4 ASP, and baseline for AVC).
It can be encoded with unsupported DivX/XviD features, like Bvop, QPel, GMC... Don't know what of this are supported.
But that support are same as in phones with correct stagefright-enabled official Gingerbread. So, its maximum what we can get from our QDSP :)
Yes, WMV are still not play. Don't know why. More work needed to understand what we missing for init it.

Where I take it? See that thread, this user are help me with it :)

nikolaySe

nikolaySe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Ganster,

Please tell me the best quality coding options our blade supported for hw decoding.
I would like to encode hd video on PC using ffmpeg or Prism video converter and I need to know the best quality options to play without issues on device.

I prefer use native device resolution to encode to but I can not find good encoder.
Please help me.

Thanks,
Nik

Ganster

Ganster

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
I use that for ffmpeg(its windows bath-file format):
ffmpeg -i %1 -threads 2 -r 24 -f mp4 -s 800x480 -b 1024k -aspect 16:9 -vcodec libxvid -ar 44100 -ab 128k -ac 2 -acodec aac -strict experimental %1.mp4
You can use libfaac for audio, if experimental aac encoder are not implemented in your ffmpeg.
For video you can use mpeg4 encoder too, but it gives not good quality. And of course you can use x264 encoder with baseline profile, but it hardly to configure.

jeeyi345

jeeyi345

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I tried MX player and Mobo player, none of them can HW decode, yet youtube works. Help me please :(

nikolaySe

nikolaySe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I use that for ffmpeg(its windows bath-file format):

ffmpeg -i %1 -threads 2 -r 24 -f mp4 -s 800x480 -b 1024k -aspect 16:9 -vcodec libxvid -ar 44100 -ab 128k -ac 2 -acodec aac -strict experimental %1.mp4
You can use libfaac for audio, if experimental aac encoder are not implemented in your ffmpeg.
For video you can use mpeg4 encoder too, but it gives not good quality. And of course you can use x264 encoder with baseline profile, but it hardly to configure.

thanks, Ganster! It works for me!

daemond

daemond

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
This is just a guess, but xvid/divx video encapsulated in AVI containers might be problematic due to the strange and non standard way b-frames have to be stored. This is not an issue with MKV or MP4.

Anyway, nice work Ganster! By the way, can you explain why MDP composition is so beneficial on our SoC? Does the GPU hit the fillrate limit when it's used for composition as well as rendering? I thought support for all those proprietary 2D accelerators was dropped in Froyo.

The-HUN

The-HUN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Version of 18-11: not bad... almost usable, but I have seen some issues:
- GPS is invisible for myTracks... a few other application (Endomondo, g:hu) works fine, but myTracks says: no GPS device at all!
- Still a bit slower (than in GB) changing the applications
- After a few hours it has been frozen when I open the Nova launchers menu. There was also a very slow period, when all worked, but with some 10 seconds of waits!

ooBLADEXoo

ooBLADEXoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
is the kernel included in the rom?

James Horny

James Horny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Version of 18-11: not bad... almost usable, but I have seen some issues:
- GPS is invisible for myTracks... a few other application (Endomondo, g:hu) works fine, but myTracks says: no GPS device at all!
- Still a bit slower (than in GB) changing the applications
- After a few hours it has been frozen when I open the Nova launchers menu. There was also a very slow period, when all worked, but with some 10 seconds of waits!

My advice.
Revert back to GB, if JB not usable to you. <_<

De@n

De@n

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S & Blade

is the kernel included in the rom?

Yes :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic