In short: the ROM is very fast, smooth and stable. Faster than GB and ICS.
Problems/bugs (not including those on page 1):
- (fixable) Home button (including on navigation bar), recent apps and lock screen doen't work (disabled) on fresh install.
How to fix (thanks to Sulthekk) : Open Terminal Emulator, type "su", press enter on keyboard, select "Allow" when asked for SU permissions. Now type exactly this code:
sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "INSERT INTO secure (name,value) VALUES ('device_provisioned','1');"- (fixable) Camera preview for video - It is bugged. To fix it, flash Camera 4.2 ARM6 (by KonstaT) from here.
- Occasional picture distortion in Camera and Video players, not really a big problem. Usually fixed by rotating the phone or switching between apps.
- Autobrightness doesn't work correclty for me. I won't try to explain (too long), but it is the same in all Cyanogenmod ROMs (CM7, CM9, CM10). Works correctly in stock based ROMs (like SS-RLS7)
- Wifi usually doesn't reconnect after reboot and it is stuck on connecting. I don't even consider it a real problem. To fix it - turn off Wifi, then back on.
- Mpeg4 video playback is broken in last version (was OK in 18.11), H/W decoding is not working correctly with B-frames, S/W is bugged, slow and resizing doesn't work correctly. BUT, this is a work in progress by Ganster, I'm sure he'll fix it soon.
Games, Apps not working (correctly). NOTE: these apps are, most likely, not working on Jelly Bean (not because of the ROM)
- Assasin's Creed, Hero of Sparta, Gangster Miami - crash very frequently (once in a minute or so)
- Fling, Rise of Glory - problem with textures, not playable
- Asphalt 5 - reports SD card not available (but works in ICS, this is a know Jelly Bean bug for some older apps, if anyone knows a fix, please share)
- Daroon Player, CamScanner
Everything else works well (and I really put it through a lot during testing) - monumental achievement for KonstaT and the other devs!
Recommended tweaks for faster working ROM:
- Go to Settings->Performance. Select Processor and change CPU governor to SmartassV2, then enable "Set on boot". Go back 1 step and select I/O scheduler, change it to "sio" and enable "Set on boot"
- Go to Settings->Developer options: click on the OFF button in the upper right corner (it must be ON). Scroll down and find "Window animation scale", "Transition animation scale" and "Animator duration scale" and change them to ".5x".
Edited by elrond_bs, 26 November 2012 - 02:17 AM.