Photo

[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

* * * * * 69 votes

• Please log in to reply
3134 replies to this topic

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

That was post #1337 for you. o_O

I meant this tool.

96frozen

96frozen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

I meant this tool.

I know xD, what I said was that the post I quoted from you was your #1337 post.

ROM: CM10 by KonstaT

CWM: GEN2 CWM 6.0.1.1 by Snap.IT

Thank all of the developers topics, rate them 5 stars, they are the people who are keeping your cellphone alive.

Thanks to KonstaT, Snap.IT, tilal6991, daemond, Ganster (this guy is specially awesome for fixing OMX on 4.x ROMS), burstlam and many others that I can't think of right now :D

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

I know xD, what I said was that the post I quoted from you was your #1337 post.

Lol, I had to check it from urban dictionary. :D

anantk

anantk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:Idea Blade

This is now the final CM10 release - for real this time. ;)

cm-10-20130108-KonstaKANG-blade.zip
http://www.mediafire...428z9l44e6rf66i
md5:9a696d776d0dae0ea0d9800b60e55bf3

-fixed charger mode detection
-fake vsync events
-set correct permissions for boostpulse (now it actually works :P)
-enabled divx and wma hw decoding (again)
-switched back to jellybean camera (again) & fixed preview glitches
-Allow purging of asset bitmaps (1)

Thanks KonstaT for the above updates in the ROM. Only small glitch --> Panorama preview shows some glitches. Legacy Camera Panorama preview from 27-12 ROM was perfect. But that's fine.

Once again thank you very much for your efforts.

daemond

daemond

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

• Allow purging of asset bitmaps (1)

This seems to be broken. There's a commit that enables purging by default, but the patch that re-enables the functionality in the framework hasn't been committed to the jellybean branch yet, so it does nothing. This should be added to the patches in the device tree.

Edited by daemond, 08 January 2013 - 07:25 PM.

Brigandt

Brigandt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade OSF Gen1
Thanks for the great ROMs and updates, KonstaT.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

This seems to be broken. There's a commit that enables purging by default, but the patch that re-enables the functionality in the framework hasn't been committed to the jellybean branch yet, so it does nothing. This should be added to the patches in the device tree.

Errm, no. Did you even check the link you quoted? That's how I've usually pointed out gerrit patches that are yet to be merged.

96frozen

96frozen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

This is now the final CM10 release - for real this time. ;)

cm-10-20130108-KonstaKANG-blade.zip
http://www.mediafire...428z9l44e6rf66i
md5:9a696d776d0dae0ea0d9800b60e55bf3

-fixed charger mode detection
-fake vsync events
-set correct permissions for boostpulse (now it actually works :P)
-enabled divx and wma hw decoding (again)
-switched back to jellybean camera (again) & fixed preview glitches
-Allow purging of asset bitmaps (1)

what do the fake v-sync events mean? (do they do anything to improve the performance, or they're just there to avoid UI crashes?)

also, please don't drop support for this rom until CM10.1 has bluetooth working.

Edited by 96frozen, 08 January 2013 - 07:48 PM.

ROM: CM10 by KonstaT

CWM: GEN2 CWM 6.0.1.1 by Snap.IT

Thank all of the developers topics, rate them 5 stars, they are the people who are keeping your cellphone alive.

Thanks to KonstaT, Snap.IT, tilal6991, daemond, Ganster (this guy is specially awesome for fixing OMX on 4.x ROMS), burstlam and many others that I can't think of right now :D

daemond

daemond

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Errm, no. Did you even check the link you quoted? That's how I've usually pointed out gerrit patches that are yet to be merged.

Sorry, I think I get it now. So the link to gerrit indicates you have merged that patch for your build?

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

what do the fake v-sync events mean? (do they do anything to improve the performance, or they're just there to avoid UI crashes?)

It emulates vsync events where vsync events are normally passed from kernel driver to userspace driver. We can't have vsync (in sense of 'project butter') at kernel level but this intercepts vsync 'chain' and feeds fake data in between. Vsync should now work from hwcomposer onward to framework (and I still emphasize word should :P).

If it increases smoothness or reduces underruns on our device remains to be seen. Can't say that I've noticed much of a difference...

Sorry, I think I get it now. So the link to gerrit indicates you have merged that patch for your build?

Yes, you got it. :)

daemond

daemond

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
By the way, did anyone notice occasional graphical glitches and corruption in Trebuchet's text rendering? Sometimes I see small glitches in the fadeout part of icon titles that are too long. That's not really a problem. However, somewhat more rarely, I get this:

Posted Image

Text rendering is completely broken, as if the GPU is reading random data instead of the actual glyph bitmaps. Shadows still look fine, though. I looked through the HWUI librarie's commit log, and apparently it was blessed with a metric ton of bugfixes in Android 4.2. I hope it is not a bug in the GPU drivers and fixable or already fixed.

archish

archish

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Switch off allow purging of assets or clear the recent app list to free memory. This will fix the graphics issue

Edited by archish, 08 January 2013 - 11:24 PM.

daemond

daemond

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
This also happens with the purging option disabled. An actual fix would be much nicer than crude workarounds.

Edited by daemond, 09 January 2013 - 12:35 AM.

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
KonstaT, I tried H\W video decoding (divx) with last version (8.1), and it's not working (MX Player and VLC). :( Tested different videos with different parameters (with B frames, no B frames, etc.), but no luck, only S\W works as before. Have you tested it, and what\where is supposed to work?

Everything else is OK, the ROM seems a little smother.

Edited by elrond_bs, 08 January 2013 - 11:47 PM.

ZTE Blade with CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4 KitKat)

Ganster

Ganster

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
  • Twitter:@Ganster41
@elrond_bs, What container you trying to play? What video/audio encoders used to make this video?
We have support only simple profile of mpeg4-asp and baseline of avc. Audio need to be encoded to mp3(not AC3!) in avi container, or aac/amr for mp4.

ssme

ssme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540, TMobile Pulse Mini
Sorry for the newbie question. I have a UK AMOLED Orange San Francisco running a Modaco 2.1 ROM, and I want to try out this ROM. As I understand it, I need to TPT the ROM on there, is that right? But the TPT link (Amphoras) in the first post is dead.

Is it possible to get a single download that will repartition my phone and install the latest version of this ROM, or are there more steps involved?

Any help most welcome!

sabertoothxxx

sabertoothxxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade Gen2
You will

Sorry for the newbie question. I have a UK AMOLED Orange San Francisco running a Modaco 2.1 ROM, and I want to try out this ROM. As I understand it, I need to TPT the ROM on there, is that right? But the TPT link (Amphoras) in the first post is dead.

Is it possible to get a single download that will repartition my phone and install the latest version of this ROM, or are there more steps involved?

Any help most welcome!

No there is more than one step first of all root your device(try the tutorials posted here and then the best way is to download TPT helper app from playstore and then use the tpt which has atleast a 180 mb system partition), flash that then flash this rom.

Current Devices : Zte blade Gen2 A.K.A Dell XCD 35
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G

Current Roms : Cm 10.1 latest for zte blade
CM 10 nightly for galaxy tab with phone mode hack

Accesories : Soundmagic ES18 | Senheiser CX180 | Creative EP 630 | Senheiser HD 200

ssme

ssme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540, TMobile Pulse Mini

You will No there is more than one step first of all root your device(try the tutorials posted here and then the best way is to download TPT helper app from playstore and then use the tpt which has atleast a 180 mb system partition), flash that then flash this rom.

Thanks. I think the phone is already rooted as it has a Modaco ROM on it, with SU preinstalled.

What will the TPT Helper do? Create a file on the SD card to boot from to format the phone in the right sizes? Have I got that right? WIll that get rid of CWM?

If CWM remains then after formatting it's just a matter of installing this ROM through CWM?

Sorry about all the questions. :)

TehStalker

TehStalker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Thanks. I think the phone is already rooted as it has a Modaco ROM on it, with SU preinstalled.

What will the TPT Helper do? Create a file on the SD card to boot from to format the phone in the right sizes? Have I got that right? WIll that get rid of CWM?

If CWM remains then after formatting it's just a matter of installing this ROM through CWM?

Sorry about all the questions. :)

TPT Helper will do just that, and reinstall CWM. Then you flash as normal.

azidhaka

azidhaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Great work, KonstaT!

Unfortunately 8.1 broke the online audio streaming for me. I am receiving data, but there is no playback. It was working on 27.12 when you reverted the hardware acceleration for media, and before that, when OMX was completely out of the picture.

Maybe Ganster can help with that. Online streaming uses the native android audio decoding service and is not working. Other apps like Winamp use own engine and do work.

For now, my best option is the 27.12 release with the kernel which fixed charging.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users