Photo

[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

* * * * * 69 votes

• Please log in to reply
3134 replies to this topic

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

Can I make a script in init.d to make it dose that? My English is poor.

You can try. Init.d scripts are run at early state and I guess there isn't anything in /data/radio at that point. I tried making a service that is run on property sys.boot.completed=1 (couple of seconds before lockscreen is shown) but didn't have much luck with that either.

This would be a temporary hack anyway. I'd rather have it properly fixed.

What is your opinion right now on 4.1 performance on the current build? Where project butter is working, is it noticiable?

So, right now we are using openGL hacks to get HW acceleration working... It this correct?
Like we had in ICS, before the adreno binaries for ICS were released?

Well, it isn't exectly smooth as butter yet. ;) It works quite well in many places but e.g. notification area and app drawer are still quite laggy. Yeah, there are some hacks that shouldn't be there (e.g. prebuilt CM9 binary). I'm sure it'll get better when more support is merged into CM10. To be honest I don't know how to verify how well the "project butter"/vsync is working. Hw acceleration at it's current state is Lalit's work, so you might want to consult him in this matter. :P

nice one! seems i was patching far too much stuff in the mainline code, basically its just comment out srec and add the undef line to bionic, the dalvik patch got merged, i guess they fixed mdpwrapper. i hadn't noticed the wpa issues. plus your device and kernel tweaks.

for the radio permissions you're probably best to add an init script such as lalit does for the skate

Yeah, most of the other needed patches got merged last night. Actually the wpa_supplicant patches are not needed to build, they just fix wifi on our device.

Afaik RIL doesn't work any better on Skate/Crescent even with those lines added. It's something else preventing the radio getting the permissions (something similar to this?)
Edit. ok, there's something new going on. Edit2. Yeah, that won't work. Edit3. lol, I take that back. :)

looks like adding su broke the build again, seems they left LOGE/LOGD/LOGW in.

Sync your repo. Fix is merged (compiled just fine for me).

sej7278

sej7278

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

Sync your repo. Fix is merged (compiled just fine for me).

i think they're doing a "copy this from cm9" commit followed shortly afterwards by a "fix it for cm10" commit method with most patches.

my build broke half way so this isn't accurate, but it seems to be taking about 90mins to build as apposed to 70-odd for cm9, gonna delete out/ and try again.

edit: 80mins from clean, so only 5mins slower than cm9

Edited by sej7278, 17 July 2012 - 06:47 PM.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

for the radio permissions you're probably best to add an init script such as lalit does for the skate

Actually it does sort of work but there is a huge delay. It takes about half minute before SIM query is shown after the device is already booted. Still in search of better solution...

Does everybody's phone app constantly crash until PIN is entered? Or is it just mine because my operator is roaming on another network. It's this line where it fails. Index out of bound error on getting MCC value (operator country code).

..Abel..

..Abel..

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade / Dell XCD 35
  • Twitter:@Ace_Able
quite good for first build ! good work !!

:)

Posted Image
JELLY BEAN :)

Hirsch2k

Hirsch2k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
OMG! Cannot believe that CM10 is coming to our blades. Thanks tilal, KonstaT, sej and all the other developers for their great work. This is amazing!

sej7278

sej7278

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

OMG! Cannot believe that CM10 is coming to our blades. Thanks tilal, KonstaT, sej and all the other developers for their great work. This is amazing!

lol, 99% konstat and tilal, my contribution is a bit of documentation, the odd patch and an idea or two lol (and bitching about whitespace on gerrit!)

whats reassuring is that we've had no official support for cm10 and yet its still coming along anyway (we kinda partially had support for cm9) which seems to be the way for cyanogenmod at the moment, the cm9 supported devices were half that of cm7 (its only aosp/non-armv6 devices now in cm10) yet they're still plugging away.

shmizan

shmizan

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
I don't see myself compiling a lot of CM9 in the near future :P JellyBean really appeals me.
I mean I wasn't too eager to try ICS when it came out, but this time - the whole "project butter awesome responsiveness" thing is something I really wanna put my hands on.
and with this promising start - there's no telling where we'll land.. a lot of great work being done by Konstat, tilal and sej.
also I'm happy to see Tom's involvement at gerrit in the jellybean branch.

Orange San Francisco, Upgraded to Gen 2 with TPT Helper (custom partition layout: 150-sys, 302-data, 4-cache)
CyanogenMod 10

burstlam

burstlam

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
The file in bionic that breaks the build has been take care of, actually some minor typo mistakes.

Attached File  bionic_atomic_arm.txt   8.91KB   22 downloads (rename .txt to .h)

Edited by burstlam, 17 July 2012 - 10:20 PM.

Hayden3430

Hayden3430

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
Seems like Tilal has sorted the Signal issue (RIL) :)

h110315

h110315

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
好牛啊,支持你,希望继续更新啊,大婶

MiniDemonic

MiniDemonic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Does everybody's phone app constantly crash until PIN is entered? Or is it just mine because my operator is roaming on another network. It's this line where it fails. Index out of bound error on getting MCC value (operator country code).

The same thing happened to me. Phone app constantly crashing until PIN is entered, it even made the phone force reboot once.

You said on the OP that audio playback is partially working, what exactly is working and what isn't?
So far I haven't gotten any sound to work except when I'm talking to someone, it's not a big deal only annoying because I have somehow broken my vibrator and with no sound I can't hear texts or calls hehe.

If I encounter any problems when developing apps I can post logs if you want, I don't know if it even can help you fix errors as I don't know anything about making ROMs.

flixblixclix

flixblixclix

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Browsing
  • Devices:Dell xcd35
  • Twitter:@flixblixclix
can anyone let me know how to make mobile network to work step by step via terminal emulator....

sound is working perfect with jetaudio app... even phone app doesnt crashes here...... just need mobile network to receive messages .....

thanks in advance....

Be Smart, Not Hard.

Hayden3430

Hayden3430

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

can anyone let me know how to make mobile network to work step by step via terminal emulator....

sound is working perfect with jetaudio app... even phone app doesnt crashes here...... just need mobile network to receive messages .....

thanks in advance....

To get the Mobile network working:
you need superuser access to use terminal properly and
then go into Terminal and type:
su
chmod 777 /data/radio/* && chown radio.radio /data/radio/*
and then you'll be faced with the pin unlock screen where you enter it and then press home, it a bit dodgy and you may need to play around with it. i got mine working in the end though :)

flixblixclix

flixblixclix

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
still trying ..... after i enter su.... i am root permission..... but after i enter the above command..... it comes back to start of terminal mode..... could u pls play once again after booting your rom..... so tat i could try......

Be Smart, Not Hard.

Hayden3430

Hayden3430

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

still trying ..... after i enter su.... i am root permission..... but after i enter the above command..... it comes back to start of terminal mode..... could u pls play once again after booting your rom..... so tat i could try......

Im not to sure why yours is doing this, once you enter the command it should take you to the PIN screen, i have switched back to CM9 now as it was too laggy, what type of blade do you have? try re-flashing the rom if all else fails using cfx flash instructions.

luukh

luukh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Libra
After up ROM 4.1.1. Can I return CM7?

flixblixclix

flixblixclix

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
European blade..... anyway..... developers will solve this issue in future with upcoming rom........ thanks for ur info bro....

Be Smart, Not Hard.

Hayden3430

Hayden3430

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

European blade..... anyway..... developers will solve this issue in future with upcoming rom........ thanks for ur info bro....

Yeah in tilal release for the skate he has solved this problem, hopefully soon it will get merged into ours :)

flixblixclix

flixblixclix

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

After up ROM 4.1.1. Can I return CM7?

Use nandroid backup to return back to cm7 dude......

Be Smart, Not Hard.

..Abel..

..Abel..

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade / Dell XCD 35
  • Twitter:@Ace_Able

Im not to sure why yours is doing this, once you enter the command it should take you to the PIN screen, i have switched back to CM9 now as it was too laggy, what type of blade do you have? try re-flashing the rom if all else fails using cfx flash instructions.

Even I couldn't get it to work! Tried a lot!

Posted Image
JELLY BEAN :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users