Photo

[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

* * * * * 69 votes

• Please log in to reply
3134 replies to this topic

jpsfs

jpsfs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

Works fine. Much better than any of the previous cm bootanimations imo. Might even include it in my builds (at least once ;)).

Waiting to see the next release then :)
Thank you again for the incredible work!

JobSup

JobSup

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Devices:ZTE-1001 (German ZTE Blade)

Don't waste your time on testing different camera apps. It needs a compile time flag to work. I have those ICS camera apps working now. Even jelly bean camera app works sometimes (without a preview though). :)

What I meant was, that the Navigon ReaityView was working in the July build, without any changes. It uses the camera preview only to show the surrounding, it does not take pictures or anything.

ZTE Skate seems to have a working camera in JellyBean now, and there also is some progress for LG Phones.

Edited by JobSup, 21 August 2012 - 11:35 AM.

andr0idbeliev3r

andr0idbeliev3r

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Devices:Sapo a5 (Portugal's ZTE Blade)

Somebody @ xda seems to have fixed camera for lg optimus

http://forum.xda-dev...2&postcount=704

Panorama fixed? Nah they must be bluffing even in CM9 it wasnt working...

Thanks to all developers for developing such beautifull and stable ROMS and thanks to Google for developing android aaaaand thanks to the original creators of android.

My devices:

ZTE Blade- MegaDrive 4.0.4

sej7278

sej7278

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

ZTE Skate seems to have a working camera in JellyBean now, and there also is some progress for LG Phones.

no, skate has working camera in some 3rd party apps, not the native camera app, barcode scanner etc; so its no better off than the blade.

the LG guys were the ones who got the cm9 camera working, so hopefully something will come from that.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,725 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio
New build. There's been plenty of changes in the cm upstream since the last build, too many to mention anything in particular.

Camera works now with apps that don't require gpu acceleration (e.g. ICS Camera, lgCamera, etc). I added a LegacyCamera to the build (it's actually camera from 4.0.4 included in jelly bean aosp sources for sdk/emulator). There's now two similar icons titled Camera in the app drawer. First one is the legacy camera app (at least it is for me :P). Stock jelly bean camera app also works from time to time. You can use it to take pictures/enter gallery/etc but preview is not working. Camcorder still doesn't work, panorama probably never.

I made a feature where you can use volume keys to control cursor in text fields (Settings -> Language & input -> Volume key cursor control). I moved this to framework this time, so it also works with third party keyboards. Please report if you have issues using it with an external app (tested it with few keyboards and it works fine). All the functionality is there but the annoying part of cleaning up the code is yet to be done. :P I'll probably upload this to the gerrit when I'm finished with it.

And before someone asks, system size with gapps from the first post seems to be just little over 160mb. Do some trimming if you want to fit that.

cm-10-20120821-KonstaKANG-blade.zip
http://www.mediafire...g212ao42b898i53
md5:9da96a360612ce60804497c08009473e

-camera works with apps that don't require gpu acceleration. Legacy camera app included.
-added option to control cursor in text fields using volume keys. Works also with third party keyboards. (Settings -> Language & input -> Volume key cursor control)
-plenty of stuff from cm10 upstream
-cm10 bootanimation (1)
-Option to enable gfx effects (1,2)
-NavigationBar : Customization (1,2)

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150
Well barcode scanning works and video recording partitially works but it doesn't acutally save the file. Yes it is with an external app but it works.

Got it working on the Blade as well with CFX compiled for it.

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,725 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio
Barcode scanner, google goggles, etc works with the above build.

Camcorder fails on initializing encoder. I wouldn't call it partially working if it doesn't save the file. ;)

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150

Barcode scanner, google goggles, etc works with the above build.

Camcorder fails on initializing encoder. I wouldn't call it partially working if it doesn't save the file. ;)

Ah right. BTW I've put up the fixes for streaming with the EGL hack.

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

vNa5h

vNa5h

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Devices:Dell XCD35 (ZTE Blade)

Panorama fixed? Nah they must be bluffing even in CM9 it wasnt working...

hmmm.....seems like it

right now they are busy discussing their age.. :D

Dell XCD35 a.k.a ZTE Blade a.k.a Orange San Fransisco