Photo

[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

* * * * * 69 votes

• Please log in to reply
3134 replies to this topic

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,999 posts
  • Devices:Blade V, I9000, Blade

Prolly so...libs from qualcom...the eternal quest...

They gave us the GPU libs though last time. We were OK on that front. :)

My Blade site - includes vanilla KANGS's of CM7. Also available: modified GB Gapps with various market versions, mini ICS Gapps for 160mb system partitions and Flash for ARMv6
CM7 Blade changelog

themref

themref

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Can someone make gen3 converter? ;P

Edited by themref, 18 July 2012 - 04:31 PM.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

Yep - this is the same as in ICS. The fix was to comment out line 310 ie.
wM.setCountryCode(country, true);
In telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/MccTable.java.

It's a very dirty hack but should at least allow telephony for now.

I added a patch for dirty hack to stop the phone from crashing. It's in the second post under frameworks/base.

I also updated the flashable patch.

cm10-RIL-fix.zip
http://www.mediafire...23elkbjkllr5na5
md5:72c17b8e563f0198418a9d04feabd6e2

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts

Can someone make gen3 converter? ;P

You can use the one from my CM9 thread.

zeelog

zeelog

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
don't know if it's anything related with the rom, but i cannot move any apps to sdcard - anyone having the same issue ? tried formatting sdcard completely, both from rom and also from recovery - also, "system" under system settings fc - normal at this stage ?

Hayden3430

Hayden3430

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

don't know if it's anything related with the rom, but i cannot move any apps to sdcard - anyone having the same issue ? tried formatting sdcard completely, both from rom and also from recovery - also, "system" under system settings fc - normal at this stage ?

I am also facing this problem with moving applications to sd. I also notice there was 2 gallery and camera apps so I removed gallery2.apk from system. I also can't access the wallpapers from launcher. RIL is working fine tho, nice work konstat.

Edited by Hayden3430, 18 July 2012 - 05:33 PM.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts

I am also facing this problem with moving applications to sd. I also notice there was 2 gallery and camera apps so I removed gallery2.apk from system. I also can't access the wallpapers from launcher. RIL is working fine tho, nice work konstat.

I might have to update the sdcard path to jb standards.

Which gapps did you install? It should replace the AOSP gallery with Google gallery.

I removed all wallpapers from the launcher (saved me ~10mb from system) and live wallpapers are also removed. You can choose wallpapers from the gallery.

shezar

shezar

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x
  • Twitter:@bugadani

I might have to update the sdcard path to jb standards.

Which gapps did you install? It should replace the AOSP gallery with Google gallery.

I removed all wallpapers from the launcher (saved me ~10mb from system) and live wallpapers are also removed. You can choose wallpapers from the gallery.

I did have the same issue with double camera/gallery icons using the GApps from the first post.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts

I did have the same issue with double camera/gallery icons using the GApps from the first post.

Yeah, it seems they're both there. I don't have duplicated icons though. You can remove the Gallery2.apk from system if you like.

I'll update the gapps package sometime later. 'Official' jb gapps was released to goo.im today.

Hayden3430

Hayden3430

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Yeah I also used your medium gapps that are in the first post, the gallery2.apk wasn't working but the other one did so I removed the gallery2 to avoid confusion. Seeing as your the only one porting cm10 to the blade this time, I think it would be better to include a pure cyanogemod build, instead of slim, just a thought though.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts

Seeing as your the only one porting cm10 to the blade this time, I think it would be better to include a pure cyanogemod build, instead of slim, just a thought though.

There is instructions in the second post for you to compile 'pure cyanogenmod' if you like - we'll never have an official build. Full CM10 build and full JB gapps won't probably even fit stock /system partition size on Blade, so...

I'm not a fan of bloat. It doesn't matter if it's bloat from your phone manufacturer, carrier or custom ROM maker.

Rattonboy

Rattonboy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:My phone and playing Basketball.
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE, MOMO9, San Diego
I have read on some posts saying that the phone won't connect to networks unless you use command line in the terminal app. Just want to know if i can receive calls and also call someone with the latest build?

skillet-4e03a3fdbe31a.png

shmizan

shmizan

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
the builds in this thread are not for daily use. I suggest you read all of the posts and especially the first one which say this is only for advanced users

Orange San Francisco, Upgraded to Gen 2 with TPT Helper (custom partition layout: 150-sys, 302-data, 4-cache)
CyanogenMod 10

jpdoliveira

jpdoliveira

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Libra
  • Twitter:@jpdoliveira

the builds in this thread are not for daily use. I suggest you read all of the posts and especially the first one which say this is only for advanced users

and also " This is mainly for developers/testers"

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3, Alcatel OT995

You can use the one from my CM9 thread.

Confirmed.

Three generations old and these libs are working fine even now. :)

Edited by Snap.IT, 18 July 2012 - 08:04 PM.

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

There is instructions in the second post for you to compile 'pure cyanogenmod' if you like - we'll never have an official build. Full CM10 build and full JB gapps won't probably even fit stock /system partition size on Blade, so...

I'm not a fan of bloat. It doesn't matter if it's bloat from your phone manufacturer, carrier or custom ROM maker.

But you are a fan of "release early, release often" which is admirable, it helps all devs when you do that.

I've been working on something completely different but since i don't want to be a Maclaw i won't even mention it until i've got something that at least has a chance of being solved.

Mouli

Mouli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade, Advent Vega
  • Twitter:@mantha2in
Truly amazing, I have it installed on my spare blade. Can't wait for this rom to reach the daily driver status. A big thanks to all the devs involved.

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

I have read on some posts saying that the phone won't connect to networks unless you use command line in the terminal app. Just want to know if i can receive calls and also call someone with the latest build?

Try it and report back, do a backup before.

For christ sakes, this is pre-alpha, you can't expect to GET answers when you are a tester, you're supposed to GIVE answers.

jimsie

jimsie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Advent Vega
Now about to do an install, doing a nandroid backup as we speak. Will try and report problems when they occur. Many thanks Devs. Jellybean on the blade AWESOME!

Rattonboy

Rattonboy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:My phone and playing Basketball.
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE, MOMO9, San Diego

Try it and report back, do a backup before.

For christ sakes, this is pre-alpha, you can't expect to GET answers when you are a tester, you're supposed to GIVE answers.

I was reading what some people have wrote about the ROM and assumed that it didn't work. I will give it a go as a flash several ROMS on my phone so if it doesn't work then i'll just reflash ICS back on it. As soon as i flash it then i'll post about the network state. I know it is in pre alpha just wasn't sure if that worked. I know to not ask the Devs about any ETAs and because it probably is really annoying for them as they know all of the stuff that is working and what isn't.

Edited by Rattonboy, 18 July 2012 - 08:39 PM.

skillet-4e03a3fdbe31a.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users