[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Thanks for your answer... surprisingly, some hours later, my free space went up to 81 MB (without me doing anything)... so I guess it took some time for S2E to move all necessary applications to the sd_ext, probably linked to the fact I reinstalled quite a bunch of applications at one...

Guest Ricardo Mota

Hello,

I upgraded to the latest version coming from cm-10-20120927 (didn't wipe as I think it's not necessary from cm10 to cm10). After upgrading, I reinstalled all my apps (previously backed up with Titanium).

I'm now surprised to see I only have 35MB free when I know I had more than 100MB free prior to the upgrade with the exact same apps.

S2E has been reinstalled (through Titanium as well) and it shows 62MB on the sd_ext partition, but I'm not sure if those are not old data, prior to my upgrade.

Can someone help me ? Did I miss some steps ? Maybe I should have reformatted the sd_ext partition some way prior de reinstalling S2E ?

Thanks

I had a similar problem, although I use Link2SD. I had to move everything to the SD (not the ext part, but the normal user partition) and then move it back to the ext partition. I think some data gets moved into the internal memory on the upgrade or something like that...

It got to the point of <1M free and now I have 76MB.

Guest jventura

Konsta,

your patch vendor/cm/0002-remove-bunch-of-cm-bloat-from-build.patch has been failing. I think it is because the CM added the Filemanager to config/common.mk. I had to remade the comments to the "bloat" and "git format-patch -1" to make it work again.

Edit: Other thing, a patch by Steve Kondik (Change Ic0779402: liboverlay: Rotator-assisted video downscale.) brakes the build on the Blade. You'll have to add "int downscale_ratio;" to the "struct msm_rotator_img_info" in device/zte/blade/include/linux/msm_rotator.h (line 52)..

I'm just saying this because I repo sync from your sources.. :)

Edited by jventura

Guest cricri0464

Hi all,

Does anybody knows how to increase the microphone sensitivity while in call with speaker on ? People are always saying that they cannot hear me properly. I went through most of the setting but did'nt found anything. Any idea ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

PS: KonstaT, thanks for your interest to our blade ...

Guest Snap.IT
You need to include a file manager like OI so that a guy don't have to connect to the internet just to install Titanium Backup...

You don't need a filemanager to install an apk.

1. Open terminal session.

2. su

3. pm install [path/to/your/apk/yourapk.apk]

Guest ..Abel..

You don't need a filemanager to install an apk.

1. Open terminal session.

2. su

3. pm install [path/to/your/apk/yourapk.apk]

or u can use ur browser i prefer it !! JUst "file:///sdcard/(whatever u want ! )"

so that a guy don't have to connect to the internet just to install Titanium Backup...

There's an option in TB to save it as update.zip, then just install it from recovery (or whatever it's called), no need for interwebs.

Edited by udrkd

Guest camille1462

There's an option in TB to save it as update.zip, then just install it from recovery (or whatever it's called), no need for interwebs.

I tried it several times, never worked for me... If you know why, I'm all aware :)

before i try your CM9, any chance the YoutubeHQ fixes will make it into this (or other JB) rom please?

edit: well look, someone asked at same time :P guess it's an important thing... thanks

Edited by Smiff2

Guest KonstaT

edit: well look, someone asked at same time :P guess it's an important thing... thanks

But not important enough to bother reading page or two back, or using search...

yeah i read back, but missed that post

http://forum.xda-dev...96#post33469996

that's a shame.

it was only a few days ago this was done for ICS so i guess someone who does care about JB might figure it out.. for now that makes JB/CM10 no go for me as YoutubeHQ is something used often. thanks anyway keep up the good work.

Edited by Smiff2

yeah i read back, but missed that post

http://forum.xda-dev...96#post33469996

that's a shame.

it was only a few days ago this was done for ICS so i guess someone who does care about JB might figure it out.. for now that makes JB/CM10 no go for me as YoutubeHQ is something used often. thanks anyway keep up the good work.

Not sure what happened to Tital's porting work as per below post:

=====================================================================================================

tilal6991, on 28 October 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

With a bit of effort I think I've managed to port Ganster's work for getting pseudo HW decoding working for CM10. The code has been ported - I haven't actually tested it though. Will compile and do so.

=====================================================================================================

Have just updated to 6.11 - all seems good. Also, having played with it for 10 mins or so, it seems 'snappier'. I guess that's the new memory kernels working. Cheers Konsta!

Hi,

Sorry for the probably stupid question, but how do I upgrade to this new version without reinstalling all my apps/settings ?

Is there an upgrade procedure somewhere ?

Thanks

Well bbdoc, I downloaded to my SD card, rebooted to clockworkmod, chose "install zip from SD", chose the 6/11 zip, installed and rebooted. That was it.

Strange... Did exactly that as well with previous version (also installed gapps zip from clockworkmod) but when I rebooted, my phone went through initial setup again and I had to reinstall everything...