Official UK B892 - Gingerbread

Guest Tanner23

Guest mangoben

I'm having the same problem as the chap below, but with an app called 'totemweather' (common name 'Weather Clock').

Befere a mounth I rooted my phone with Paul's method. I try to update to B892 but it's not working. Now I re-root my phone (again with Paul's method) but the same result. Here is the pic with error

post-853245-0-44959200-1342903009_thumb.

Even weirder is I managed to find an .apk of this on the web and installed it, thinking this would solve the problem, but it STILL fails the update saying it can't find the totemweather.apk. I'm guessing because it's a different version to the one I found. Anyone have any other ideas how to get round this?

Edited by mangoben

Guest schkinx

I updated to B892 this way ( probably not the right way , but it works lol ) . Download B892 from the huawei site , open the zip and copy the dload folder to your memory card . pull the battery out for a few seconds , put it back and press and hold volume up & down & power until the update screen appears , then let it do its thing .

Guest Hogweed

I'm having the same problem as the chap below, but with an app called 'totemweather' (common name 'Weather Clock').

Even weirder is I managed to find an .apk of this on the web and installed it, thinking this would solve the problem, but it STILL fails the update saying it can't find the totemweather.apk. I'm guessing because it's a different version to the one I found. Anyone have any other ideas how to get round this?

You will have to restore the correct version as in B885 from an old backup. Be aware the update could then fail on something else you've altered from stock.

Edited by Hogweed

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rusak2

hi,

i'm on b888. why i don't get the b892 update OTA?

ok, i could download the b892 and install it from my sd card but i would't have the vendor apps ((.

Guest terry.n

hi,

i'm on b888. why i don't get the b892 update OTA?

ok, i could download the b892 and install it from my sd card but i would't have the vendor apps ((.

Hi, I think we don't get b892 OTA cause b888 isn't an official release.

As for the vendor apps, I went from 888 to 892 (via SD card) last week using the Hauwei download link. The zip contained only one file but did put all the 'official' apps on my phone. In my case I didn't want them but I'm stuck with then now :angry:

Guest Rico_89

Use Titanium to get rid of any apps you don't want. Needs root though.

I have a question :) . I downgraded to B882 so I could install B892 OTA, but to cut a long story short it didn't work. Now I have just downloaded B892 update.app and I was wondering if I would get the same updates from the update.app that I would from the OTA installation of B892. I assume the answer is yes, but not sure if there are any differences.

Guest rusak2

Hi, I think we don't get b892 OTA cause b888 isn't an official release.

As for the vendor apps, I went from 888 to 892 (via SD card) last week using the Hauwei download link. The zip contained only one file but did put all the 'official' apps on my phone. In my case I didn't want them but I'm stuck with then now :angry:

so you have still the buttons in the notification bar after the flashing b892? and are there any advantages/improvements with the new b892?

thx

s. müller

Guest terry.n

Hello Rusak - yes the notification bar has the toggle buttons for wifi etc (I actually didn't have them before, as I hadn't flashed the vendor app when I went to b888). And I've not seen any noticeable changes, so this is definitley not a must-have update.

Rico, like you I assume the OTA and dowloaded updates are exactly the same - I can't see any point in maintaining 2 streams with the same relase number. There were no further OTA updates when I checked after installing b892, but I assume you need a 'recognised' firmware version to be offered future OTA updates.

In fact the only reason I did it is that I could be on the upgrade path to ICS, as it seems to be the starting point to b926/b934/whatever the vodafone relase will be.

Edited by terry.n

Guest terry.n

hi terry.n,

I flashed the b892 and my buttons aren't there now....((((. I will go back to b888.

isn't that odd? i've got the config you want and you've got mine :( Have you tried the vendor update from b888? Alternatively you could try 'Notification Toggle' from the market which gives you configurable buttons from the pull-down.