Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Devices:HTC One (M7), Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@cjb110
I've just received the AmazonBasics 7" case
http://www.amazon.co...ils_o02_s00_i00
It fits snuggly, but the corner strap and case lip does make pressing the power button fiddly.

If Amazon wanted they could easily make this a smart case with a magnet and it'd be perfect for it.

Pictures https://plus.google....525442392769937, one showing how the buttons are a little obscured.

Edited by cjb110, 18 July 2012 - 03:07 PM.

If there were two of you, which one would win?

..::Chris Beach::..

Zarch1972

Zarch1972

Diehard

• Senior News Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Interests:Husband, Dad, Wednesdayite and Geek!
  • Devices:iPhone 5S, Nexus 7, Chromebook
  • Twitter:@Zarch1972
Anyone received any cases yet and can anyone recommend anything?

I'm finding the silver bezel all the way round a little uncomfortable with its sort of v-shape, so could do with something to cover. (why didn't they curve/smooth it off?)

Would love Incipio to make a 'feather' type skin for the back with a smart cover type front ala my iPad. :P

cjb110

cjb110

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Devices:HTC One (M7), Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@cjb110
Having used mine in that Amazon case, I'd say its pretty 'ok', the way they've hinged it makes it quite a bit thicker though.

I'd like more of a shell case too, with a smart cover though, then it wouldn't matter if it obscured the power button.

If there were two of you, which one would win?

..::Chris Beach::..

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
I don't like the 'feel' of the edge on my fingers when I hold it either, waiting for a nice case tho which doesn't add too much bulk.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Spoke

Spoke

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Devices:Nexus S & Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@spoke99
Using this one from Amazon - http://www.amazon.co...ils_o00_s00_i00

Nice snug fit, all the right cutouts, can be used as a stand in landscape mode & it has the magnets to switch the screen on & off when you open & close it.

Shuflie

Shuflie

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X
  • Twitter:@Shuflie
Just ordered this, will let you know what its like when it gets here.

Posted Image

Gary kent

Gary kent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I Like the look of that for transporting it around ie suitcase/Etc and watching films in bed

ethicalstrategy

ethicalstrategy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Not keen on any of those. They all look bulky. Some protection would be nice, although it fits very nicely in my back pocket while it's naked.

Makkaxxxxx9

Makkaxxxxx9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

The reviews state that the magnets are in the wrong place for auto-sleep on that one. I've gone for a brown Luvtab one from ebay, is a couple of quid more than yours though.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
The LuvTab ones look pretty good...

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Jele09

Jele09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@jele09
I have this case from ebay, for only a fiver it's brilliant.

Fits well, and is not thin enough to be useless if your keys etc are pressed against it, well recommended. It also arrived quicker than the 5-11 days advertised.

http://www.ebay.co.u...9#ht_2714wt_648

:)

Edited by Jele09, 27 July 2012 - 02:56 PM.

xXBooSHXx

xXBooSHXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Posted Image
I bought this from CEX for £12, I've got it all up and running using my otg connector and using Splashtop HD all works really well.
Not much use for carrying Nexus around though as there is nothing to prevent it sliding out, but all right for protection around the home.
Very chunky with keyboard and Nexus 7.

comicbookguy

comicbookguy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 4
Ordered a Luvtab one from EBay... will let you know...

moveandfire

moveandfire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire

The reviews state that the magnets are in the wrong place for auto-sleep on that one. I've gone for a brown Luvtab one from ebay, is a couple of quid more than yours though.

I ordered one of these and it was missing the sleep sensor magnet altogether. The only magnets are for holding it closed.

It has been sent back and the supplier is sending out a second generation replacement, which by all accounts sorts out the above and is better fitting. Not got it yet so can't comment on the updated version.

Edited by moveandfire, 27 July 2012 - 06:33 PM.

Paden

Paden

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
Hi all
Received a black Luvtab case from Amazon today, really impressed much better than I was expecting for the price.

Cheers, Paul

chrisbarker

chrisbarker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Google Nexus 4, B&N Nook HD+
  • Twitter:@fictionchris
I ordered a few bits from Amazon for my Nexus 7 and received some of it today,

I ordered a fold out stand (pictured) and a set that included a silicone back (pictured), screen protector and deckchair style stand. I also have a neoprenecase on the way to slip that into and a USB OTG cable.

Loving my stand and case so far, left my other stand at home next to my computer so I always have one for travel and one for home. Been doing some writing in the pub with my HP Touchpad Bluetooth keyboard. :)

I will be attempting the hinge method to apply my screen protector later. Wish me luck.

Chris

Attached Files

CURRENT DEVICES -
Google Nexus 4 (Stock)

Barnes and Noble Nook HD+ (Carbon Rom)

DEVICE HISTORY -

Phones (Including SmartPhones) :
Bosch 509e, Nokia 402, Nokia 702, Nokia 3210, Nokia 3310, Siemens C35i, Nokia 3330, Samsung A300, Panasonic GD75, Sony Ericsson T68i, Sony Ericsson T610, Sony Ericsson P900, Nokia 7600, Nokia N-Gage, Samsung E720, Nokia 6230, O2 XDA Mini S (HTC Wizard), T-Mobile MDA Vario 2, O2 XDA Orbit 2, LG Renoir, HTC Diamond, Blackberry 8800, HTC HD2, Sony Xperia Play, ZTE Blade, Nexus S (AMOLED), Nokia Lumia N800, Nokia Lumia 520

PDA's/Netbooks/Tablets :
Casio Cassiopeia E-125, Psion Series 5, HP IPaq 2400 & HP IPaq 3715, Nokia N770 Internet Tablet, ASUS EEE PC 701, Samsung NC10, Advent Vega, Nook Color, Nexus 7,

masterpfa

masterpfa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Music, art, history, photography and traveling
    Not done much of any of these lately!
  • Devices:Nexus 5/One+ One/Tegra Note 7
  • Twitter:@masterpfa
I liked the look of the Luv Tabs case most of all. Ordered a couple from from Amazon for my daughters and my own tablet and loving it.
I found that It doesn't add too much bulk to the tablet, plus the sleep facility in the cover a nice added bonus as well as the multiple position stand. The latter which I find comfortable as a handle when viewed in portrait mode.

I ordered a few bits from Amazon for my Nexus 7 and received some of it today,

I ordered a fold out stand (pictured) and a set that included a silicone back (pictured), screen protector and deckchair style stand. I also have a neoprenecase on the way to slip that into and a USB OTG cable.

Loving my stand and case so far, left my other stand at home next to my computer so I always have one for travel and one for home. Been doing some writing in the pub with my HP Touchpad Bluetooth keyboard. :)

Chris

I have also ordered most of these items too, Gel case with screen protector, fold out stand and USB OTG cable

LG Nexus 5 (32Gb Black)

One+ One (Sandstone 64Gb)
Advent Tegra Note 7

dropbox.png DropBox referal link
Click to get Dropbox and to get an extra free 250mb for us both

chrisbarker

chrisbarker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Google Nexus 4, B&N Nook HD+
  • Twitter:@fictionchris
I applied my screen protector using the hinge method and its worked out almost perfectly. Two spots of dust and both are off in the bezel area. No air pockets. Ecstatic,

As such I had no qualms in letting my young niece loose on it today to play Kinectimals and use the KungFu Panda App. :)

My OTG cable and slip case have now been shipped also, very happy. :)

CURRENT DEVICES -
Google Nexus 4 (Stock)

Barnes and Noble Nook HD+ (Carbon Rom)

DEVICE HISTORY -

Phones (Including SmartPhones) :
Bosch 509e, Nokia 402, Nokia 702, Nokia 3210, Nokia 3310, Siemens C35i, Nokia 3330, Samsung A300, Panasonic GD75, Sony Ericsson T68i, Sony Ericsson T610, Sony Ericsson P900, Nokia 7600, Nokia N-Gage, Samsung E720, Nokia 6230, O2 XDA Mini S (HTC Wizard), T-Mobile MDA Vario 2, O2 XDA Orbit 2, LG Renoir, HTC Diamond, Blackberry 8800, HTC HD2, Sony Xperia Play, ZTE Blade, Nexus S (AMOLED), Nokia Lumia N800, Nokia Lumia 520

PDA's/Netbooks/Tablets :
Casio Cassiopeia E-125, Psion Series 5, HP IPaq 2400 & HP IPaq 3715, Nokia N770 Internet Tablet, ASUS EEE PC 701, Samsung NC10, Advent Vega, Nook Color, Nexus 7,

meddler

meddler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Moto G
  • Twitter:@MadMeddler
I initially went to a Carphone Warehouse to grab the £5 deal, which had sold out. So instead I plumped on http://goo.gl/lcnUj which was good but not great, awesome protection but a bit of a pain to open and close and the corner tabs got in the way of turning the device off. Got home and found a video review of http://goo.gl/oL06Z which I ordered.

Once received I found it to be exactly what I wanted (looks very similar to the LuvTabs cover a lot of you have mentioned). The SmartPower function works well and the reverse folds nicely to make a desk stand. Service was good (next day delivery as promised), but it seems to be out of stock at the moment.

Just my 2p

carburano

carburano

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, devices, girls
  • Devices:Lg Optimus 2x - Nexus7
  • Twitter:@francesco80m

Follow me on Twitter: @Francesco80m

If you like my work please press thanks and consider to buy me a beer HERE
or DONATE TO "EMERGENCY" (To help war victims) HERE