Kernel Unpacking

Guest utternoob

Guest utternoob

Trying to workout how to fix umnet dependencies first

Edit: that's done, what tools should I use?

Edited by utternoob

Guest utternoob

C3C0, the link you gave me for abootimg is SID and won't compile on squeeze, as it is for wheezy and later, so what about the GCC package?

Guest utternoob

cd into the adb folder and do

adb devices
If it comes back with
??????????   Unknown
Go in device manager and you should see Unknown device. Expand it. Right click and update driver software Browse my computer Let me choose from a list of drivers Download this and unzip Click have disk Browse to the driver you just downloaded and double click android_winusb Next Choose ADB Composite Next/finish Now do again
adb devices

Should work now...

Nope. Says anrdoid_winusb does not contain information about your device. Using xp again

Edited by utternoob

Guest XMasterNinni

I tried to port several ROMs from Galaxy Ace to my Blade via my PortingTool and it booted out the box.

The whole framework and UI was messed up as the Ace has a 480x320 display, the Blade and Skate a 800x480 one.

If you aren't able to use my tool as you don't have Linux or Windows with Cygwin, you can have a look at this script.

Guest utternoob

I have a raspberry pi, but still learning a lot of things. It should work by using the porting tool shouldn't it? If so, how can I get it to work on an armv6 processor with 256 mb of ram?

Guest XMasterNinni

You can just copy the files mentioned here from your base_rom (Skate one) to the port_rom.

It's important that the base_rom has the same Android Version as the port_rom.

Guest XMasterNinni

Well, that could be more tricky...

To be honest, I have no idea how to do this. I'm pretty sure that you have to change the sizes in all apps, but...

I'd recommend you to start porting a ROM from the Blade. It's much easier and you can train your skills.

Guest utternoob

Ported from blade before, but think I've found a tutorial which allows porting downwards, so by changing the percentages the images should scale, shouldn't they?

Guest razzmataz1478

What are images that need resizing to make framework scale and work properly?

All of framework-res.apk and systemui.apk drawable-ldpi

Guest razzmataz1478

I shall have a look. What sizes do they need to be?

Decompile framework from the skate and match the icons up. Not to sure what they need to be.

Guest utternoob

Ported rom from x8 and decompiled systemui and scaled the images, but even with the systemui from x8, I still get force close errors. Any ideas, as usual can't logcat

Guest razzmataz1478

Ported rom from x8 and decompiled systemui and scaled the images, but even with the systemui from x8, I still get force close errors. Any ideas, as usual can't logcat

Is it the system that's force closing?