ICS available OTA from Vodafone

Guest Willbott

Guest Willbott

Hi there,

I just checked my "Online Upgrade" in "About Phone" and ICS is there ready to be downloaded!

I have a few questions though before I hi the download button!

Will ICS slow my G300 down??? Is the G300 powerful enough to work well with ICS?

Can I easily return my phone to the Gingerbread setup I have now if I don't like the official ICS?

I need to be able to watch Flash video on my phone. I've read that Flash 11.2 works fine with ICS. Is this true?

My phone is rooted at the moment. Will I need to re-root after OTA ICS update? Do I do it in the same way as before?

Finally, has anyone else tried the official OTA ICS Vodafone update??? What's it like???

Any help or advice for any of the above greatly received.

I really like my phone as it is and only want to do this if it will make it even better!

Cheers

Will

MY BAD! REALLY SORRY GUYS. IT WAS B892. SOZ!

Edited by Willbott

Guest Rico_89

Hi there,

I just checked my "Online Upgrade" in "About Phone" and ICS is there ready to be downloaded!

I have a few questions though before I hi the download button!

Will ICS slow my G300 down??? Is the G300 powerful enough to work well with ICS?

Can I easily return my phone to the Gingerbread setup I have now if I don't like the official ICS?

I need to be able to watch Flash video on my phone. I've read that Flash 11.2 works fine with ICS. Is this true?

My phone is rooted at the moment. Will I need to re-root after OTA ICS update? Do I do it in the same way as before?

Finally, has anyone else tried the official OTA ICS Vodafone update??? What's it like???

Any help or advice for any of the above greatly received.

I really like my phone as it is and only want to do this if it will make it even better!

Cheers

Will

ICS will make your phone faster and feel much, much smoother than GB.

IF you are able to return it might not be too easy and won't be possible until it is confirmed that the official UK ICS can be rooted and bootloader unlocked. But believe me you wont want to go back.

Flash works fine for me and I run ICS on my G300.

You will need to reroot but no one will know how untill someone in the know has treid.

How can you know it is ics based on the update number which is all you see when update is available?

Anyway, I am onto it, downloading required downgrade files now.

Edited by Guest

Guest Rico_89

How can you know it is ics based on the update number which is all you see when update is available?

Anyway, I am onto it, downloading required downgrade files now.

LOL you need a superhero outfit :P .

Guest Hogweed

Hi there,

If you are on stock Voda B885 then the update being offered is an update to B892 (still Gingerbread) not ICS.

Guest Rico_89

Thankyou, I was just abot to power off and go for it :lol:

Nice one willbott ;)

LOL figure I better tell you as fast as I could before you yelled "Geronimo" and started installing.

@ Hpez ; My brother was on stock B885 untill yesterday when he updated to B892 and I just checked his phone and there are no updates available.

Edited by Rico_89

@ Hpez ; My brother was on stock B885 untill yesterday when he updated to B892 and I just checked his phone and there are no updates available.

Handy! :)

I think it is clear he has confused the B892 update for ics, why exactly is beyond me?

So it is settled then, I can take my finger off the big red button now lol

Edited by Guest