Can we make the /data bigger than 200m?

Guest da8880567

Guest youpi666

not useful and could create problem :

- 120 Mo in system is clearly not adequate to ICS (after fresh install + gapps it rest 4mo on the 209mo system partition, and don't have the values in memory but pretty sure that doesn't adequate to cm 7.2)

- if the 209 Mo data partition is too low, you could use an existing a2sd method to move data to sdcard.

For now the only real improvement that we could do on A1 is to try to gain so Mo for ram part of the device. not the easy one :)

Guest da8880567

not useful and could create problem :

- 120 Mo in system is clearly not adequate to ICS (after fresh install + gapps it rest 4mo on the 209mo system partition, and don't have the values in memory but pretty sure that doesn't adequate to cm 7.2)

- if the 209 Mo data partition is too low, you could use an existing a2sd method to move data to sdcard.

For now the only real improvement that we could do on A1 is to try to gain so Mo for ram part of the device. not the easy one :)

hoping to see the cm10!

Guest Ma7moud

From what i saw on other devices (Nexus One), JB might be too big for our system partition, the new partition layout with 209MB is just enough for ICS, last time i checked the N1 forum on XDA the devs said they need to make the system partition bigger (than 220MB) to fit the GApps :wacko:

Guest da8880567

From what i saw on other devices (Nexus One), JB might be too big for our system partition, the new partition layout with 209MB is just enough for ICS, last time i checked the N1 forum on XDA the devs said they need to make the system partition bigger (than 220MB) to fit the GApps :wacko:

oh s***~

JBJBJB,hahahh

Guest Ma7moud

I'm just saying that because 209MB is just enough for ICS, and with Thepasto and all the other devs working on a stable ICS rom then making the system partition smaller isn't a good idea, also if we get a stable ICS then CyanogenMod devs say that "almost" all devices that can run CM9 can run CM10 too (JB)

Maybe then the problem might be the small system partition

For example: Nexus 7 system files are around 407MB, if you take out GApps, face unlock, and the HUGE number of tegra related files its about 300MB, so based on that and the N1 rom size I say that a JB rom compiled for liquid would be at least 200MB without GApps, unless devs have a way to make it smaller :P

and on the N1 forum they said that 260MB is enough for JB+GApps , I don't know if we can do that

I talk too much :D I would be very happy with just ICS on my Liquid, after that it will be the time to let it RIP and get a new phone