Josh92

Josh92

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

can someone make a video how to do that properly ??? please

You've flashed stuff before right? No need for a video, just download the new gapps, go to clockworkmod & install via zip then just reboot. If things go to plan you hopefully shouldn't need to wipe anything.

Currently Running: ColdFusionX 2 - Jelly Bean (16/07/12 build) Alt: Mokee v1.10

wash6urn

wash6urn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
i have flashed 20120816 cfx2 version with 20120815 stripped gapps and went through the steps and it won't work ( partition 230 MB)
keeps saying 'didn't catch that, try something else'

Josh92

Josh92

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

i have flashed 20120816 cfx2 version with 20120815 stripped gapps and went through the steps and it won't work ( partition 230 MB)
keeps saying 'didn't catch that, try something else'

Are you using the voice search app? You can't use the Google Now voice search due to Google using arm7 libs. Annoyingly.

Currently Running: ColdFusionX 2 - Jelly Bean (16/07/12 build) Alt: Mokee v1.10

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:Is not your business...
  • Devices:BQ Aquaris 5
What the heck i did wrong ?

I was doing the setup and instructions fine , and when i wan't to talk in the Google Now app it says
" I don't understand" even if trying to say something.

This is weired any help ?

• Current Device : BQ Aquaris 5 (JB 4.2) 
  • Optimus Monte Carlo (GB 2.3)  --- >>> SOLD ! 

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150
You have o use the voice search app and not the built in voice search.

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:Is not your business...
  • Devices:BQ Aquaris 5

Hmmm that's tricky even Google Now searches for ARM7 libs :(

• Current Device : BQ Aquaris 5 (JB 4.2) 
  • Optimus Monte Carlo (GB 2.3)  --- >>> SOLD ! 

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Devices:SGS3 I9300 + OMC/ZTE Skate
What is this VoiceSearch app do we refer to in step 5?... I can only see the stripped gapps link!... Am I suppose to download & install the voice search app from the Play Store?...

main-logo.pngSamba_hi_res_normal.jpg02_96x31.png14.gifreferral-ad-120x60.pnglogo-colors1-vflhO4gIp.png
Current devices [ ROM ]: Samsung Galaxy SIII [ CM11 Nightly ], Motorola Moto G [ Stock JB ], & Google/Asus Nexus 7 2013 [ Stock KK ]
Previous devices: Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC ( Anzu ), Orange Monte Carlo ( ZTE Skate ), Orange San Francisco ( ZTE Blade ), & HTC Wildfire ( Buzz )

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the guide in op has changed?... I can remember there being a link to the hacked voice search or something that will give you three different voice search apps when you've gone through the guide steps?...

main-logo.pngSamba_hi_res_normal.jpg02_96x31.png14.gifreferral-ad-120x60.pnglogo-colors1-vflhO4gIp.png
Current devices [ ROM ]: Samsung Galaxy SIII [ CM11 Nightly ], Motorola Moto G [ Stock JB ], & Google/Asus Nexus 7 2013 [ Stock KK ]
Previous devices: Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC ( Anzu ), Orange Monte Carlo ( ZTE Skate ), Orange San Francisco ( ZTE Blade ), & HTC Wildfire ( Buzz )

razzmataz1478

razzmataz1478

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Interests:Flashing ROMs, Being distracted by my skate

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the guide in op has changed?... I can remember there being a link to the hacked voice search or something that will give you three different voice search apps when you've gone through the guide steps?...

Twas always there..

Posted Image

Current Phone:

Xperia T

Previous Phones:

Orange Monte Carlo

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic (Nokia C6-00 CFW)

Sony Ericsson v640i

Nokia 3120

Various other Nokia phones.

Not the best history of phones Posted Image

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Twas always there..

So, where is it?... Am I suppose to extract the one in the zip of the link in step 1 and install it?...

plegdroid

plegdroid

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts
  • Interests:house music, science, technology ,history
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4 . PA. 4.4

So, where is it?... Am I suppose to extract the one in the zip of the link in step 1 and install it?...

hacked voice search apk (jb)

http://db.tt/Zv17oMfn

:)

ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓞⓢⓘⓓⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓝⓞⓣ ⓐ ⓢⓘⓝ
4.2.2 -Test monkey.

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Are you using the voice search app? You can't use the Google Now voice search due to Google using arm7 libs. Annoyingly.

I was just about to ask the question, whats wrong with the Google Now search function, but you already answered my question, so sad! :(

Doesn't quite work the way it's supposed to be on the real deal!?... It's funny how you have to press the search key on the screen keyboard to start searching once you spoke your search!... :P

hacked voice search apk (jb)

http://db.tt/Zv17oMfn

:)

Is this just the one you can get with GB over the Play Store?...

plegdroid

plegdroid

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts

I was just about to ask the question, whats wrong with the Google Now search function, but you already answered my question, so sad! :(

Doesn't quite work the way it's supposed to be on the real deal!?... It's funny how you have to press the search key on the screen keyboard to start searching once you spoke your search!... :P

Is this just the one you can get with GB over the Play Store?...

evening. morning :D no that is the modded version by tilal, as was posted at the op :)

ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓞⓢⓘⓓⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓝⓞⓣ ⓐ ⓢⓘⓝ
4.2.2 -Test monkey.

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

evening. morning :D no that is the modded version by tilal, as was posted at the op :)

Just did a fresh TPT on my OMC & flashed latest CFX2 & stripped gapps, and finally got the one in the stripped gapps to work how it is intended to be used ( the hacked way )... And, I know now what the three versions of search is on the app drawer, 1 is for google now ( velvet.apk ), 1 for GoogleNow search ( googlenowvoicesearch.apk ) & 1 for Voice Search ( googlevoicesearch.apk, which is used in conjunction with Google Now Search )...

On a side note!... Was just wondering why this ROM is using a 3rd party camera app?... Is the native one not working at all?...

plegdroid

plegdroid

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts

Just did a fresh TPT on my OMC & flashed latest CFX2 & stripped gapps, and finally got the one in the stripped gapps to work how it is intended to be used ( the hacked way )... And, I know now what the three versions of search is on the app drawer, 1 is for google now ( velvet.apk ), 1 for GoogleNow search ( googlenowvoicesearch.apk ) & 1 for Voice Search ( googlevoicesearch.apk, which is used in conjunction with Google Now Search )...

On a side note!... Was just wondering why this ROM is using a 3rd party camera app?... Is the native one not working at all?...

believe the 3rd party app was a work around, as results were gotten with it, it f/c on mine, but I did get camera zoom fx to work at it's lowest mp.

ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓞⓢⓘⓓⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓝⓞⓣ ⓐ ⓢⓘⓝ
4.2.2 -Test monkey.

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

believe the 3rd party app was a work around, as results were gotten with it, it f/c on mine, but I did get camera zoom fx to work at it's lowest mp.

I checked the Play Store and found no free JB camera, only the paid version was available, that sucks :P

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
You know what would be nice is if GoogleNow could be hacked that it uses the hacked GoogleVoiceSearch app instead of it giving us "Didn't catch that" error message!?... Saves us users time to having to exit out of GoogleNow and then launch the hacked GoogleVoiceSearch app just to go back into GoogleNow again!... BUT, if that can not be done then thats fair enough and I'll just leave it be... :P

razzmataz1478

razzmataz1478

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Interests:Flashing ROMs, Being distracted by my skate

You know what would be nice is if GoogleNow could be hacked that it uses the hacked GoogleVoiceSearch app instead of it giving us "Didn't catch that" error message!?... Saves us users time to having to exit out of GoogleNow and then launch the hacked GoogleVoiceSearch app just to go back into GoogleNow again!... BUT, if that can not be done then thats fair enough and I'll just leave it be... :P

You could make Google Now launch the hacked package, but there's no point in that because you might as well just open it from the app drawer.

Posted Image

Current Phone:

Xperia T

Previous Phones:

Orange Monte Carlo

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic (Nokia C6-00 CFW)

Sony Ericsson v640i

Nokia 3120

Various other Nokia phones.

Not the best history of phones Posted Image

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

You could make Google Now launch the hacked package, but there's no point in that because you might as well just open it from the app drawer.

There is a point to my madness!... So what if you're already in Google Now and you want to do another voice search???... Well, you'll need to back out of/exit Google Now and then open up the app drawer ( if you pressed the home key/button ) then run the hacked GoogleNowVoiceSearch app again!... And if you have to do that every time you want to re-do a voice search it can get very very annoying, do you get my drift now?...

Edited by trueno2k, 26 August 2012 - 02:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users