Photo

"Insufficient storage available". How to increase memory?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

cjcandrei

cjcandrei

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300
No need to recreate the scripts as you already created your own. I found out that link2sd creates three mount scripts: install-recovery.sh in /etc, debugd in /system/bin and another one in init.d. If you have your own script in init.d you don't need any of those...

Maximus9

Maximus9

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Devices:Moto G Dual Sim XT1033 16GB
What are you guys trying to do? I let link2sd use it's own scripts, are you saying that's not a good idea or are you trying to achieve something particular?

cjcandrei

cjcandrei

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300
I'm simply trying to point out that yoy can use link2sd in a particular way just to redirect the linked apps to the internal 2Gb partition. In this way you can save memory on the data partition...
Anyway, did you any of you guys encounter random reboots on the Atomicmod if you use it? I've installed this rom on two phones and both of them have this issue. One random reboot in two-three days...

Edited by cjcandrei, 22 July 2012 - 04:17 PM.

Hogweed

Hogweed

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
What we are doing is using the internal 2GB logical "SD" as the partition for link2sd instead of a second partition on the external SD card. So now I have an extra 2GB of space to install apps. They will be backed up by CWM and I can format or change the real physical SD card without losing the moved apps.

Edited by Hogweed, 22 July 2012 - 04:07 PM.

Hogweed

Hogweed

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Anyway, did you any of you guys encounter random reboots on the Atomicmod if you use it? I've installed this rom on two phones and both of them have this issue. One random reboot in two-three days...

I'm running Paul's Gr2 ROM so I can't comment on Atomicmod. Never had a random reboot since I installed it (touch wood!) . I did have one random reboot while on stock B885 IIRC. I also restored my stock B885 and updated to B892 then restored my Gr2 backup so I could get the low level firmware fixes. I no longer have the slight screen misalignment I used to have.

Edited by Hogweed, 22 July 2012 - 04:47 PM.

wso277

wso277

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Devices:Ideos x3, ascend g300

I did not launch link2sd to let it create the start up script. I just created the sdext2 directory in /data and then created a script in init.d that says: mount -t vfat -o bind,rw /HWDataUser /data/sdext2. Reboot the phone and then you can launch link2sd. All linked apps will go to the internal sd card...

Hi can anyone tell me how to create this script?

Hogweed

Hogweed

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
With a text editor.
Seriously though I don't recommend doing this unless you are comfortable with linux. It works well and is simple to set up but could break at any time with future updates to link2sd. There can also be problems if you mount the drive on a PC via USB although again easily sorted if you know what you are doing.
That said, all i did was mkdir the sdext2 in /data (it hadn't previously been created as I had never used link2sd in normal mode) and added /etc/init.d/11link2sd containing

#!/system/bin/sh
/system/xbin/busybox mount -o bind /HWUserData /data/sdext2

===
The above (or variations on the above) assumes you have a rooted phone with init.d support and busybox for shell commands.

Edited by Hogweed, 02 August 2012 - 01:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users