Photo

[Q] Has anyone had any reception problems?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

keithSlemon

keithSlemon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
either terrible signal, or reasonable signal but still poor quality, 70% of the time . that's why I love orange!

Gibson.1

Gibson.1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego
My OSD changes to 3G when I'm not using internet, but swaps to H when I do, sometimes it sticks for a minute though and I cant access the internet. I thought 3G was voice and internet capability? It doesn't really affect me its just something I notice occasionally.

alan8376

alan8376

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego
Hi,
I've got an OSD as well. Recently travelled to Oxford and Heathrow, where no signal was received in hotels despite being listed as Good areas. The signal regularly disappears or 'No Service' many times a day at home in King's Lynn. Orange sent a new SIM to use. That did not improve things! I then received a replacement phone, which did not work any better.

I went to Orange Shop in Kings Lynn to ask for a replacement or refund. Manager refused, as 4 signal bars were showing on the phone, (they would wouldn't they!). No problem in the shop with reception! He also waffled on about recent new Orange rules about refunds etc???

My phone is a PAYG. When I have used up my credit, I will do a PAC and seek another phone company. By the way! My wife's phone at home and when she travels with me has no probs at all with O2.

Do you think Orange will, out of good will unlock the phone, cost free, as it is Orange reception which is naff?

Alan

Edited by alan8376, 16 October 2012 - 11:36 AM.

Northstandhero

Northstandhero

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

I bought an SD last week to replace my SF and it's everything and more I expected with one exception, the phone reception is dreadful. I've been with Orange for at least 10 years and know exactly what sort of reception to expect in certain places. The reception in my house has never been amazing but I've always had a reliable 2 bars in my living room and had never lost signal completely. The SD is constantly varying from no signal to 2 or even 3 bars. I've tried 2 sims in it, the PAYG one that came with it and a new one for my existing contract so I'm pretty certain it isn't that. It's a similary scenario in my office at work.

None of the reviews I've read suggest a problem so I'm curious to know whether anyone else has had problems? I'm hoping it's just a dodgy phone as it's otherwise superb and I don't want to have to get something else.

Cheers,
Stu.

Sorry to drag up an old thread, just wondered whereabouts in Rossendale are you?, I'm thinking of jumping to Orange as the O2 3G reception i get in Baxenden is shocking, It's fine in Newchurch where I live but I'm on WI-FI at home so that's not an issue, but at work in Baxenden it's shocking non existent most of the time, I tried a Three sim but got no reception at all 2G or 3G at home so that's a no-no, I've checked the Orange coverage map and that say's i should be ok for home and work, but so did the Three, so was just wondering how you find Orange in Rossendale.
Cheers

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF

Sorry to drag up an old thread, just wondered whereabouts in Rossendale are you?, I'm thinking of jumping to Orange as the O2 3G reception i get in Baxenden is shocking, It's fine in Newchurch where I live but I'm on WI-FI at home so that's not an issue, but at work in Baxenden it's shocking non existent most of the time, I tried a Three sim but got no reception at all 2G or 3G at home so that's a no-no, I've checked the Orange coverage map and that say's i should be ok for home and work, but so did the Three, so was just wondering how you find Orange in Rossendale.
Cheers

Can you not just obtain an Orange sim and try it without actually putting any credit on it? http://shop.orange.c...freesim/details

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

Northstandhero

Northstandhero

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
Think that's the route I'm gonna go down, My new phone's dual sim so I can run with both, I just thought I'd have to stick a tenner on to receive data to check the 3G.

Raihan42

Raihan42

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Devices:San Diego
With my OSD sometimes my signal just completely drops or sometimes says that there's no sim inserted, I don't know why this happens but it restores back to normal after I restart the phone

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

With my OSD sometimes my signal just completely drops or sometimes says that there's no sim inserted, I don't know why this happens but it restores back to normal after I restart the phone

Are you in the UK?
I've seen that the Asian guys have had problems.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Raihan42

Raihan42

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Devices:San Diego

Are you in the UK?
I've seen that the Asian guys have had problems.

Yeah I live in London but I am Asian :P

Edited by Raihan42, 04 August 2013 - 02:24 AM.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Yeah I live in London but I am Asian :P

Ahh, there's your problem then... ;)

Doogie Howser

Doogie Howser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:OSF, OSD
I'm in Helmshore and reception is generally fine. I've still got the OSD, I was about to look at something else because the GPS had stopped working but there was an update last week that has fixed it!

stu

Northstandhero

Northstandhero

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

I'm in Helmshore and reception is generally fine. I've still got the OSD, I was about to look at something else because the GPS had stopped working but there was an update last week that has fixed it!

stu

Cheers got the Orange/EE sim and 3G has been brilliant, super fast all over the Valley, Can't believe i stuck with O2 so long I thought that's how slow 3G was!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users