can v port Jelly Bean on Dell XCD 28/ZTE Racer/x50?

Guest racer_guru

Guest racer_guru

Guyz i know its bit early 2 say anyting about Jelly Bean. V evn dnt hv a working cm9/ics

But rather than getting ics why shudnt v thnk of jumping directly to Jelly Bean?

Android 4.1 viz Jelly Bean is already out there n many of d phones r gettng it.

I have confirmed it from few sources that it may be compatible with many of the lower end phones.

So rather than waiting for ics which wud never ever come to racer,lets start porting of jelly bean to XCD 28.

Here's a working jelly bean rom for some other device:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1779426&highlight=jelly+bean

Please try to port dis to XCD 28

Guest racer_guru

Very much looking forward!!!!

Yep re @ Woden Woo..

Jus thinkin why should v lag...

Edited by racer_guru

Guest racer_guru

Ryt now I m sharing screenshots of Jelly Bean Like Rom for Dell XCD 28 viz. ZTE Racer.

Its not workin completely.

When completed I'll upload it on Media Fire n post it as a new post.

Let me make it clear its not Jelly Bean.Its only a Jelly Bean Like Rom.

n its again based on cm7.2

post-972454-0-88671200-1343026867.pngpost-972454-0-87750200-1343026892.png

Edited by racer_guru

Guest equiliym

sorry guru but we cant even make 4.0 to work, not gonna mention 4.1

good job with look-a-like rom tho, keep on going and release it for us to check it out :D

Guest racer_guru

To kya racer guru....aapki koshish sirf jb like rom tak hi limited hogi...

nope re buddy but abhi k halat se toh hum log 4.1 kya 4 bhi dekh nahi payege..r hardware limits yarr..

Guest racer_guru

sorry guru but we cant even make 4.0 to work, not gonna mention 4.1

good job with look-a-like rom tho, keep on going and release it for us to check it out :D

yep ryt re buddy.. ours is d kernal problem..

so v hv to b satisfied by d luk alike ROM only.. :(

d luk alike ROM is 50% ready..

actly i m jus incprtng apps n makin few changes in framework dats it..

hope ull all lyk it.. wud upld it probably by nxt week..

Guest Rahulsingh190

If our's is kernel issue, so someone with good knowledge of kernel can help....like vamshi....cause his kernel is having a really good performance & all....so may be....it may become possible with that....

Guest Rahulsingh190

So....is it like....that a working rom is needed to make a working kernel....& to make working rom...a working kernel is needed....both can't be made without each other....this is like who came first egg or hen...:o

Guest GuyOverThere

So....is it like....that a working rom is needed to make a working kernel....& to make working rom...a working kernel is needed....both can't be made without each other....this is like who came first egg or hen... :o

Yeah, pretty much, that loop made the porting unable, damn loop.

Guest racer_guru

they need a working rom to be able to mess with kernel, vamshi already noted that

buddy here's a partially workin cm 10 build from source but for xperia x10 mini. cud u port dis to racer.

even they have a workn kernel.Can Vamshi mess with it n port it to Racer? can dis kernel also help us to port ics?

Link: http://forum.xda-dev...62#post28929562

Edited by racer_guru

Guest equiliym

buddy here's a partially workin cm 10 build from source but for xperia x10 mini. cud u port dis to racer.

even they have a workn kernel.Can Vamshi mess with it n port it to Racer? can dis kernel also help us to port ics?

Link: http://forum.xda-dev...62#post28929562

i dont have a working egl driver for racer.. i could make ics boot but the screen was scrambled so its pretty much the same, android 4.0 or 4.1.. i formatted my drive so ill try forking cm10 source from their git and messing with it these days.. tbh its easier to edit blade source because of similar hardware

Guest GuyOverThere

i dont have a working egl driver for racer.. i could make ics boot but the screen was scrambled so its pretty much the same, android 4.0 or 4.1.. i formatted my drive so ill try forking cm10 source from their git and messing with it these days.. tbh its easier to edit blade source because of similar hardware

In that case better to mess with this one, at least is for blade :P although is a work in progress. There are several 4.0 roms for blade but none is fully working, most have problem with video decoding, radio and wifi thetering and something else I don't remember. Still, without proper egl for racer there's not much hope out there sadly

I think I remember that one the issues trying to port ics from blade was the fact that while both cellphones are similar hardware wise, touchscreen is completely different (blade is amoled, ours is that resistive tft crap)

Guest equiliym

yeah thats pretty much what i'd do like in that thread just with racer kernel source and configs.. and yeah, without proper egl, i could even get it boot perhaps with black (dead) screen so unable to test anything >.>

Guest racer_guru

Racer guru .. I saw ur pm late because I didn't checked my pm's before...look like rom banaliya kya..ham intazar kar rahe hai...

Pura nai bana paya buddy..isliye help chahiye.. stil is alpha stage.. cannot release it ryt nw..

Edited by racer_guru