This the right kernel? kernel-3.0.8

Guest anything-but

Guest HuaweiAscend

ICS fixes!

and - Dazzozo: Ah, I thought the radio was in the boot image? Oops. Sorry haha.

I like the sound of that!

So, this will either improve or help give a better ICS performance than the previous "leaked" ROMs?

Also, I see a lot of mention of OpenGL - does this add it?

Guest Jamie :)

I like the sound of that!

So, this will either improve or help give a better ICS performance than the previous "leaked" ROMs?

Also, I see a lot of mention of OpenGL - does this add it?

Not on the leaked roms, They're from Huawei so they're all fine. This is just the kernel source from the leaked roms which means developers can use the files to make a nearly 100% working AOSP or CM9/10 or AOKP rom :) The leaked B927 rom is really nice actually, I just got around to installing it and I'm liking what Huawei have done!

Guest Dazzozo

Don't be too hopeful. Let's look at what we have first.

It's very easy to have the same level of breakage, the kernel isn't everything. Huawei make a lot of changes to Android itself which they aren't obliged to release.

Well, Apart from Huawei's proprietary stuff..

What's not working in AOSP/CM builds anyway? Is it much? I know the camera isn't working and that's all I've seen. No interest in CM9, I don't really see the point of it with ICS/JB for me personally.

Guest Dazzozo

It wasn't too bad with CM9 on the 109808 baseband, but when the 2030 baseband hit and then Jelly Bean to AOSP and CM10 things just got worse and it was initially at a point where it only ran.

It wasn't too bad with CM9 on the 109808 baseband, but when the 2030 baseband hit and then Jelly Bean to AOSP and CM10 things just got worse and it was initially at a point where it only ran.

What version is 109808 from? GB I can only presume? Huawei's ICS really isn't that bad actually, And the option to use the stock icons and a stock themed launcher is cool!

Guest fr0do

So to get this straight:

We need a dev to build (UI) HW acceleration. We dont have one.

We need a dev to build RIL. Qiwu is such a dev, and he's working on that.

We need a dev to build an OC kernel, we don't have one.

Ok so far?

ICS is slower than GB. ICS needs (UI) HW Acceleration to perform better.

RIL would give us the ability to build a base up OS.

Seems like the holy grail is #1

With HW acceleration implemented the phone is the best it can be, not withstanding improvements to code that could also produce speed and efficiency benefits.

Edited by fr0do

Guest Dazzozo

UI acceleration is probably going to be something hilariously simple. I can feel it.

RIL is totally unknown to me. I just think of it as "this does something and the network then works" when I work on these things.

I can probably handle OC given the time. First up we need to de-Huaweify the kernel.

Guest onericardo

Guys, one question...

Can this phone handle 720p recording ?

I know there are a lot of things to work right now, like the HW acceleration and so on, but it would be nice if we can record in 720p. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nsmacd1

How do you get the .tar file on the phone - CWM and flash the .zip, Add the file manually? - Thanks!

Edited by nsmacd1

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

How do you get the .tar file on the phone - CWM and flash the .zip, Add the file manually? - Thanks!

You can't flash it. It is kernel source codes, not a ROM image.

Guest nsmacd1

Ah well - Thanks anyway - I guess it's an advanced user thing so I'll leave it for now, unless anyone can provide an idiots guide :)

I currently have 3.0.8-perf-00240-g6df6f4c and have proximity sensor problems and someone recommended changing the kernel

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dazzozo

Okay, scratch that, I can't download it WITH an account. That's disgusting.

It just redirects me to a page called "disabled", which then redirects me to the huaweidevice front. Great job Huawei.