3g Uplink Slower on ICS B927 than ICS B926

Guest Barry Hill

Guest Barry Hill

Hi

I was running the leaked ICS B926 and found that the 3g speeds where a lot faster than on gingerbread

I was achieving 1.5Mbps uplink when using ICS 926 compared to aprox 300kbps uplink on gingerbread :D

Yesterday I upgraded to B927 using the hack downgrade method as B927 would not install over B926 for me.

Today on checking uplink speeds I am only getting the same as gingerbread aprox 300kbps

in tthe system settings status i was getting on:

Gingerbread = HSPDA:9 (HSPDA)

ICSB926 = HSPA:11 (HSPA+)

ICSB927 = HSPDA:9 (HSPDA) :(

Wonder if anyone else has noticed this and if so might some kind dev look into the diffrences to see whats causing 927 to be slower, it would be great to make sure that any custom roms would be able to achieve HSPA:11 because of the much faster uplink speed.

Hans Gruber noticed the same thing a few days ago

http://www.modaco.co...69#entry1988869

I have been back and reflashed B927 with and without vendor files and they both only connect at HSPDA:9

If someone still running B926 can check if their network suports it that it connects at HSPA:11 in connection type in status

I know that both o2 and any other provider using o2s network (eg giffgaff) suports HSPA, as i dont have the time tonight to reflash to B926 as i need my phone.

Edited by Barry Hill

Guest Hans Gruber

Yeah I noticed this when I first installed B927 and made a post but it didn't get much response so I thought maybe I'd been wrong about the HSDPA:11 on B926. I never got round to flashing back to B926 to get any proof but I'm glad you've noticed this too as it means I wasn't imagining things :P

Guest Barry Hill

Well at least its not me cant see why its happening as both versions seem to be using the same baseband so cant understand why one works at HSPDA:9 and the other connects at the faster HSPA:11.

But was suprised to find B927 slower of the two versions of firmware

Guest Hans Gruber

Hmm interesting that they removed it from B927 then. Would that mean both releases have different RILs? Or is it controlled by something else?

Guest tillaz

Hmm interesting that they removed it from B927 then. Would that mean both releases have different RILs? Or is it controlled by something else?

the baseband must be different in B927 because when i flash my repack of B927 its still HSPA: 11

i have never done the full update to B927 (flashes the baseband) just B926...

just because the baseband still says 2030 it dose not mean they are still the same,

on my o2x all the gingerbread basebands show the same number in about phone

but they are all different, you need to extract the baseband to see the real version

Guest Hans Gruber

I'm going to flash back to B926 and see what happens

Right so I downgraded to B926 (was very easy, didn't need to mess with that "middle file" thing or change the IMEI) and it has connected straight away at HSPA:11. Very strange.

Edited by Hans Gruber

Guest Hans Gruber

OK I've now flashed Gary_J_Wright's B927 zip and it's still showing HSPA:11 so it does seem as though the baseband on B926 and B927 are different, even though they're both numbered 2030. Hopefully this is of some use to someone :)

Guest Barry Hill

Hans did you upgrade/downgrade to B926 first before using the zip to B927 because if so I may have to do the same as the extra speed in B926 will be usefull

Guest tillaz

OK I've now flashed Gary_J_Wright's B927 zip and it's still showing HSPA:11 so it does seem as though the baseband on B926 and B927 are different, even though they're both numbered 2030. Hopefully this is of some use to someone smile.png

if B927 is intended for the uk

and HSPA:11 = HSPA +

it might be removed because the uk dose not have this network yet (last i heard it was in testing with t mobile & three uk)

Guest Hans Gruber

Hans did you upgrade/downgrade to B926 first before using the zip to B927 because if so I may have to do the same as the extra speed in B926 will be usefull

Yeah I flashed the huawei b926, unlocked bootloader, flashed cwm then flashed the b927 zip. I've even restored a backup originally made with b927 and it still has the faster upload

Guest Hans Gruber

if B927 is intended for the uk

and HSPA:11 = HSPA +

it might be removed because the uk dose not have this network yet (last i heard it was in testing with t mobile & three uk)

It seems to work on O2. The speed test app shows a big increase in upload speed. I don't think it would show HSPA:11 in the phone status if it wasn't connecting at the higher speed. I can't post any screenshots right now, typing this on an iPod touch :P

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HSPA%2B_networks#section_1 looks like all uk networks support it

Edited by Hans Gruber

Guest Barry Hill

Yep works fine with giffgaff (using o2 network) was getting anything from 1.5Mb to 2Mb upload speed consistently with speed test app using the maidenhead server

Guest tillaz

It seems to work on O2. The speed test app shows a big increase in upload speed. I don't think it would show HSPA:11 in the phone status if it wasn't connecting at the higher speed. I can't post any screenshots right now, typing this on an iPod touch tongue.png

http://en.m.wikipedi...works#section_1 looks like all uk networks support it

but why are the hspa+ icon's not been used?

they are all there with the 4g icons... it should say H+

are we sure HSPA: 11 is HSPA+??? or is it just HSPA

my download speeds with t mobile are still the same as always 500kbs

upload speeds still crappy 60kbs

Guest Davidoff59

Huawei were asked by a potential buyer whether the G300 had Hsupa and they stated publicly that it had Hsdpa but not Hsupa.

Guest tillaz

Whatever it is, it's definitely faster. I just got 1.7mbit upload on b926 and 85kbit on b927

my upload speeds will always be crap as t mobile cap them lol

my download speeds are really fast though :huh:

Guest Barry Hill

It could be that the U8818 in china supports Hsupa but the G300 does not seeing it can be deactivated by using different baseband firmwares. It not unknown for companies to limit functionality by nothing more than software.

Guest belmet

Three UK have supported HSUPA (5.6Mbits/sec) since late 2008/early 2009 so I would assume all other carriers do too...Maybe it is just an oversight on the rom that it is disabled or (more likely) Vodafone are telling Huawei to leave it out to throttle the device as they still have a poor 3G backbone and only want 'top tier' devices (the ones you pay a hell of a lot more for naturally) to be able to utilise the faster speeds. :( My G300 on three only uploads at ~300Kbits/sec but my old 3G dongle with the same SIM (also Huawei made :) hits ~2Mbits/sec upload.