Orange Unlocking

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Hello,

I've owned my SF2 since Christmas and It's flashed with CWM and a custom ROM. Now, I would like to unlock my device but I don't trust myself. Orange offer a service where they unlock your device for you if you pay them £20 and have been with them for at least 3 month. I'm wondering whether they would simply give me an unlock code or if they'd have to take my device out of my hands? If they have to take my device then surely they'd realise it's rooted, has custom recovery and custom ROM and I'd lose my warranty for good.

Thanks,

Curtis.

Guest Dazzozo

You've lost your warranty already - you've just not lost the ability to lie about it.

I'm not sure if the process with a proper unlock for the Crescent is the same as the G300, but I just got given an unlock code that I had to punch in when I inserted another SIM, it went to "request unlock" and boom, done. I'm fairly sure it'll be the same, though.

The unlock procedure really isn't that bad, though. (not when you compare it to the G300's downgrade... :P)

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Yeah but if anything happens to my phone I can just flash a stock rom and I'm good to take it back and get it fixed for free, done it plenty of times with my Galaxy 5 and I don' t feel guilty lying about it.

Thanks for the reply, I'll call into Orange during the week and I'll see how it goes.

It doesn't look too bad, I don't really want to have to flash stock recovery again then go through the tutorial, then the case of loosing the MAC address and essentially having a £100 paperweight, it just seems like a lot of hassle.

Thanks again

Guest jasonleeds

The older ZTE's can be unlocked via IMEI calculator, somewhere free on the web just a little search away.

As for this device you've got the software flash method, which works perfectly if you follow the steps, or, ask around see if you know anyone with access to a "Furious Gold" box.