What now? G300 in the box? Guide needed.

Guest Gigahurtz

Guest Gigahurtz

Got a G300..... What now? Any step by step guide would be really helpful. I have rooted and flashed many phones in the past but I am lost already.

Thank you.

Guest dragpyre

Got a G300..... What now? Any step by step guide would be really helpful. I have rooted and flashed many phones in the past but I am lost already.

Thank you.

Depends on what you want.

Do you want to stay on stock (latest stock release is B892) and just remove crudware?

Do you want to flash one of the custom ROMs?

Or do you want the latest and greatest testing ROM, B927, which is Ice Cream Sandwich?

Guest Gigahurtz

I think I want to flash custom ROMs but I am dubious of ICS, can you downgrade to official rom when official ICS uk comes out? I also think I need to back up my IMEI.

Help appreciated.

Thank you.

Guest Gigahurtz

Thank you. Looked at the thread but started to get lost.

Depends on what you want to do.

This thread covers most angles though

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

B886 update the place to start?

I would prefer to stay a couple of days until new ICS ROM is released (if it comes out). Until then - there is B892 which is available via OTA update.

Guest pelago

Yes, I think the OTA B892 is the safest update for now. Other than removing bloatware (which you can easily do with, e.g. AntTek App Manager after rooting) there's no advantage and some disadvantages to using leaked roms like B886 or B888. Then see how things are with ICS.

Guest Gigahurtz

Well did the OTA update to B892. Hoping some custom B892 ROMs available soon. Thanks for all the advice.

Edited by Gigahurtz

Guest Hogweed

You can flash any custom ROM other than the B926/B927 ICS based builds over B892. But backup your B892 for safe keeping if you do in case you need any more OTA updates. That way you keep your low level flashed firmware up to date (low sound and screen alignment fixes for example) but have your choice of custom ROMs.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest Gigahurtz

You mean a CWM backup of my official OTA updated Stock ROM. Keep that safe and then flash a custom ROM. Do I just install CWM on the stock ROM. Thanks.

You can flash any custom ROM other than the B926/B927 ICS based builds over B892. But backup your B892 for safe keeping if you do in case you need any more OTA updates. That way you keep your low level flashed firmware up to date (low sound and screen alignment fixes for example) but have your choice of custom ROMs.