Music Player - Anyone found a way to make it play by track Number?

Guest Willbott

Guest Willbott

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone had found a way to make the stock music player play by track number not alphabetically??

It's doesn't seem to see track# tags at all and ignores the track number on the start of file names???

I'd be really interested to hear what anyone else has experienced. I've just spent the last two nights fiddling with it but no joy.

Cheers

Will

Guest Hogweed

I just use Google Play Music, Amazon MP3, WinAmp, even VLC Beta. In fact anything but the stock music player!

They all play in the right order.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest Willbott

Thanks Hogweed,

I thought that might end up being the answer. Just been playing around with a few alternative music players. Quite like Poweramp - seems to work well. There is a free stock Android player that at least plays in the right order! No EQ or anything fancy, but does play in track order. Shame we don't get Google Play Music here in the UK....

Will

Guest Hogweed

Google Play Music works fine as a basic music player in the UK. I use a separate equaliser app (works with everything) which I won't plug because the latest version reads your contact list and generates creepy ads based on it. I've frozen it at the previous version. There do seem to be various alternatives

Guest FrankieADZ

I like the Huawei music app too, but the fact it it doesn't play in tracking order annoys the hell out of me and now I use power amp. Well worth upgrading to the pro version imo

• 4 weeks later...

sorry for doing this but....

in poweramp...can u change songs by using the volume buttons?

*cant remember*

sorry for doing this but....

in poweramp...can u change songs by using the volume buttons?

*cant remember*

Nope it cotrols the volume

• 5 years later...
Guest BusyBee

Hi, I've found that to play albums in the right order you have to press the arrows circled until they appear as they are in the image, then play music from the album section. Hope this helps! IMG_20170905_194121.png.81a9909d36fcd29b57ddbb83a93a8c52.png

• 5 months later...