59 replies to this topic

paulus22

paulus22

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco, Huawei G300
I guess this implies that the european official release wil NOT be based on B927 - but something higher?

dragpyre

dragpyre

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Devices:kumquat, grouper
  • Twitter:@dragpyre

I guess this implies that the european official release wil NOT be based on B927 - but something higher?

We'd hope that, but look at when the B886/B888 etc. roms got leaked, and we were jumping for joy because of no vodafone bloat and a working speaker. Then Huawei released a B885 as a fix, then release a B892 ROM later which pretty much just updated gapps and vodafone bloat. Where on this forum some people were running B894 and B895. It remains to be seen, for all we know, it could get a B925 number or lower, or a B927 or higher. We will have to wait (unless more leaks happen).

Posted Image

If you like one of my posts, or if it helps you out, vote it up! :)

(now updated device list and added twitter. Come stalk me ;) )

dragpyre

dragpyre

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
http://forum.vodafon...highlight/false

http://forum.vodafon...highlight/false

They're testing the ROM to make it "optimal" for their customers. Therefore they should know what they are doing and should know what is/is not in the ROM and support what the customers are requesting. Jeez.

Posted Image

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo
It's very easy for them to have the "oh it'll do" attitude, too.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

It's very easy for them to have the "oh it'll do" attitude, too.

well Vodafone has to make sure there apps work brilliantly,,,,for all of about 10 people that use them :ph34r: lol

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
It is always stated that it will support it. Surely just by including drivers covers support.

The official release for the u8818 doesnt have it working and Vodafone saying just install it to see if its there or not is a cop out.

I have asked multiple times will it have hardware accelerated user interface which will improve battery life and the smoothness of the phone and its been ignored every time. Asking will it have opengl support gets the generic answer above.

adrien56

adrien56

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, ZTE blade
i know this is not the right thread but I still don't understand why there is no custom ROM including opengl Ui accereleration , on the zte blade they "hack" it and it works really good thanks to tital if I remember. Cm9 and cm10 seem abandon on the g300 And maybe this could be hack or done like the blade but there are just a few developer on this really good phone .

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

i know this is not the right thread but I still don't understand why there is no custom ROM including opengl Ui accereleration , on the zte blade they "hack" it and it works really good thanks to tital if I remember. Cm9 and cm10 seem abandon on the g300 And maybe this could be hack or done like the blade but there are just a few developer on this really good phone .

It's too early yet. Blade development has taken a very long time.

Posted Image

timfimjim

timfimjim

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend g300, Nexus 7

It is always stated that it will support it. Surely just by including drivers covers support.

The official release for the u8818 doesnt have it working and Vodafone saying just install it to see if its there or not is a cop out.

I have asked multiple times will it have hardware accelerated user interface which will improve battery life and the smoothness of the phone and its been ignored every time. Asking will it have opengl support gets the generic answer above.

Davidoff have you seen the reply I got this morning on Facebook (i posted a screen shot on the other thread)?
Attached File  Screenshot_2012-07-26-09-23-37.png   147.03KB   89 downloads

I agree it does seem like they've worded it carefully, but it also looks like they're saying yes to us...

Edited by timfimjim, 26 July 2012 - 08:31 PM.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
Yes Tom, I have seen that thanks. The fact that they have ignored specific questions though concerns me and the support word constantly crops up. They will gladly answer questions where they can reply that it will support this or that but ignore others where a generic answer isnt sufficient. I may be reading into it a bit too much but have a look for yourself and you will see all the unanswered posts.

@huaweidevice Also will u8815 ICS be full release or 'demo' release ?

HuaweiDevice
Hi there, take a look at this table for more information http://ow.ly/i/LYCZ

@huaweidevice Funny as Huawei Facebook said full ICS, not demo

HuaweiDevice
yes we will release a full ICS upgrade for the G300, beginning with the UK in the second half of the year. More news coming soon

Hi there, we can confirm there will be an openGL 2.0 or above in ICS for U8815

@HuaweiDevice So we will have full openGL acceleration?
@huaweidevice The 8815 B927 leak dosn't have opengl. Think we need confirmation official release will have opengl.
@HuaweiDevice Does that mean the User interface will be accelerated. ICS for U8818 doesnt have it implemented

Hi there, we'll have more details nearer the time of release, please watch this space

Now do you see where I am coming from?

timfimjim

timfimjim

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend g300, Nexus 7
Yep I see what you mean. I think for now we should all keep pressure on Vodafone that we will not be content with a half hearted effort at ICS.

Hopefully if the official update doesn't have UI acceleration then voda can get back to huawei, and we can hope for change, but theres not much more we can do.

I'm trying to be positive and if we've been told that's what we'll get and they deliver, great. If however we don't get full ICS, I will not buy another huawei nor recommend them.

rsrocha

rsrocha

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
B927 doesnt have opengl says huawei? LOL

Then whats opengl es 2.0 doing im my phone? Waste of space? Even the browser has opengl rendering option enabled by default in the debug menu.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
rsrocha, that is a user post, not a huawei post

rsrocha

rsrocha

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Sorry. By this time of the day things can mix up in my brain. Got it.

Edited by rsrocha, 26 July 2012 - 10:49 PM.

dragpyre

dragpyre

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Little off topic, but just to let you know, we all love satan with our 666 topics.

Posted Image

Edited by dragpyre, 27 July 2012 - 12:16 AM.

Posted Image

milllhouse

milllhouse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
HEy guys, i just bought my U8815 yesterday. Flashed this B927 update and it seems to be stable and good enough for daily use, although the UI seems to be abit laggy. I hope HUAWEI will solve this annoyng problem.

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Vowney V5.
  • Twitter:@Rico_89_

HEy guys, i just bought my U8815 yesterday. Flashed this B927 update and it seems to be stable and good enough for daily use, although the UI seems to be abit laggy. I hope HUAWEI will solve this annoyng problem.

UI should be butter smooth, try using CWM to Clear your Dalvik cache, then restart from CWM and then when ICS loads restart again.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo
What would clearing dalvik do? It will just regenerate the same cache.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

Maximus9

Maximus9

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Devices:Moto G Dual Sim XT1033 16GB
If 927 is already butter smooth, OpenGL hardware acceleration is not that needed... I think enthusiasts will upgrade, while those concerned about speed and productivity will stick to Gingerbread.

andy.hyde4

andy.hyde4

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Nexus 5
why stick to gingerbread as that doesn't have openGL either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users