stupid questions coming,sorry

Guest shonedek

Guest shonedek

I got my phone just over a week ago and my word i am loving it!!!! found google play a bit addictive browsing all the apps lol

Super sweet phone and actually coming from a blackberry to this i didn't think i would like it but man is so much nicer,easy to view web and texting is a breeze now. and all for a mere £100 i am so hooked on this phone

I have unlocked phone so no more vodaphone which i didn't want but here we go.

I am totally new at this android stuff and i have done a lot of reading but some just makes no sense to me.never had to do anything like it with a blackberry.

What i want to know is...

can we get rid of the apps associated with vodaphone from the phone?

is there anyway of NOT having to press the little button on top of phone to wake it up before i then have to slide the screen to open it right up.i find that a bit long winded compared to the BB

Another thing i have found a bit ugh is the notification sounds are so quiet (ringtones/music is loud as anything) i can hardly hear them.Is there no way of using our own tones we have put on the phone and can you not make them sound more then once? I have played round with it but either i can't or i am missing something

Again i am so sorry for probably very stupid questions but any help would be gratefully received

Guest mack_

• Vodafone apps can be removed.
  • There is nothing you can do about the button on the top ,you will get used to that
  • The sound issue has been fixed with an update - go into setting>about phone>online upgrade

once you're in about phone(make sure you press online upgrade) you should see the update files(i would advise switching to wifi :) )

if you're still confused just follow this link and you will find the manuals:

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/technicaIndex.do?method=gotoProductSupport&productId=3940&tb=0);

Guest shonedek

Thanks Mack,i went to the link with the manuals but i get server issue so will try it later.

i did the updare on firmware to fix the sound issue but the notifications are just so quiet.One chime and i miss it

Kyan i have read through that post and just ended up confusing myself.Its ok if you know what a ROM or a clockwork mod thing is but i have no clue and am very wary of doing stuff i don't understand :)

There are very few instructions that come with the phone and finding stuff out is not as easy for a total new person.

Guest mack_

Thanks Mack,i went to the link with the manuals but i get server issue so will try it later.

i did the updare on firmware to fix the sound issue but the notifications are just so quiet.One chime and i miss it

Kyan i have read through that post and just ended up confusing myself.Its ok if you know what a ROM or a clockwork mod thing is but i have no clue and am very wary of doing stuff i don't understand :)

There are very few instructions that come with the phone and finding stuff out is not as easy for a total new person.

only other solution is to look at some videos about the phone on youtube

Guest kyan31

To remove vodafone apps, you need to root your phone. Then you need to download an app on the market called root uninstaller. Allow root access when you enter the app and then carefully locate and uninstall all the vodafone apps, and nothing else. Once completed, you can delete the app and reboot the phone. Done!

Guest Peninsula

To get rid of the lock screen, go into System Settings > Security > Screen Lock and take your pick from the options, including lock screen off. There might be an app out there that allows you to wake the phone using volume buttons, but to wake the phone you will need to press a physical button.

Re tones, Put a tone you like on the phone, find it using the File !manager app, long press on your audio file and pick "Set As". Otherwise use an app such as Zedge to file a good tone and it will allow you to set as ringtone from within Zedge.

As mack_ said you can fix the volume by going thru update software.

The Vodafone apps are installed quite deeply so root access is needed to remove. Read up on rooting before deciding to go ahead with it.

Guest RussellS

With repsect to the notifications then yes you can use your own sounds for them. Also there are various apps in the Play store to repeat the notification sounds at regular intervals until you acknowledge them.

I have installed "Missed Call" on my wifes phone for just that purpose so that when she gets an SMS message come in it plays a custom tune which is very loud and also it repeats the tune every 2 minutes or so until you read the message or clear the notification.

Another one which I have used myself and I think is better is "Light Flow" which as well as the above also lets you customize the notification LED colour for different events and the flash rate etc.

Another one which I have used myself and I think is better is "Light Flow" which as well as the above also lets you customize the notification LED colour for different events and the flash rate etc.

Thanks for the heads up on this app. I had a Blackberry for a short time and really liked Berry Buzz, this is as almost as good as.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WackoJackoUK

I also found a good ap on the Play Store for Ringtones called MP3 Ringtone. You can search for a ringtone, download the MP3 and then cut the part of the song you want. *Seems to keep the whole mp3 for free too <_<

Guest Davidoff59

Did you check sound levels for notifications? pretty sure there are levels for media, ringtone and notifications.

The sound issue also affected ring tones so I think its probably just notification sound is set low.

I have installed the Samsung S3 tones on mine.Much better quality sound than the Huawei ones and a bit louder. Will need root though.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1663591

re: sound issue

I recently reflashed back to B892 then upgraded via ota to B885 and tbh the sound problem still persisted. Flashed ics again and hey presto 10x better