B927 Vol Wake Tweak

Guest efix_LT

Guest efix_LT

Hi,

first of all, I'm not taking any responsibility, if you brick your ROM, this tweak maded for U8815 in B927 ROM and successfully tested. Backup ROM with CWM to avoid risk.

ROOT required! I'm offering Root Explorer for this guide

• make backup to sdcard 3 files:

system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl
    system/usr/keylayout/querty.kl
    system/framework/android.policy.jar

• download replacement, extract in to sdcard
    • overwrite querty.kl ir Generic.kl in system/usr/keylayout/ , and change both files to same permisions (rw-r--r--). Don't forget make "Mount R/W", if overwriting fails.
    • place android.policy.jar in system/ first, change file permissions (rw-r--r--), then move to system/framework/ with overwriting. Then quickly restart phone. First boot up will be longer (android upgrading or something message), so no worries

Thanks to bronxitas for this tweak, member of androidmanija, XDA and 4pda.

P.S. cracked TitaniumBackup (if you use) may not work after reboot, so need remove TB file in data/app/

P.P.S. sorry for my bad English, i hope you will understand this guide correctly

Edited by efix_LT

Guest efix_LT

As i wrote, successfully tested. I'm using on my Ascend G 300. Actually there is no risk, if you proper follow guide steps. Sure, files can be added in to other ROM's, if there they wasn't edited

Guest efix_LT

works ok :) but now i have "upgrading android" msg every time it boots, not so long as for the first time but for 3 sec maybe

did you set correct permissions? Or maybe your mms.apk has incorrect permisions (read only i.e.)

Guest RicardoABCosta

Now you can wake up phone with power button only. With this tweak you gonna wake up phone with volume buttons too.

Oh, thanks! :)

• 1 month later...
Guest zex_rad

I can report working on Tillaz's Infusion ROM B270812 with one glitch, when you long press power button no options is showed (Power off, Reboot, Recovery) just reboots....

But still its working almost like I wanted...

Guest nsmacd1

Works on the New Zealand ICS ROM too, but not when during a call (I have the screen going black issue & can only wake the phone with 'Power button ends call)

Do you know of any tweaks to enable the volume keys to wake the phone during call, rather than the power button ending it?

Edited by nsmacd1

if he could give the .smali changes made to android.policy.jar it would be good...

replacing the whole thing is not a good idea on newer builds

android.policy.jar change: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=22163344&postcount=2

Existing Generic.kl and querty.kl lines:

key 114 VOLUME_DOWN

key 115 VOLUME_UP

change to:

key 114 VOLUME_DOWN WAKE_DROPPED

key 115 VOLUME_UP WAKE_DROPPED