I hope you still have your i900 As I see, there are not too many people left who are using this phone, but I agree with you, it is a great phone, and I still use it today. I had some android phones, but did not like them so much. I did buy a Nokia Lumia 520 WP8 phone for my wife, and I must say, that phone is excellent, considering the quality and price. So much more stable then any droid phone.
And now about my beloved Omnia:) For years I'm using OCK's latest Eclipse ROM, and I'm more or less satisfied with it. It looks nice, has all the features I use, and it is quite good in terms of battery. Weather tab is not working, and the phone part is not the best, it reacts quite slow to hangup, and receiving calls.
Now I read your posts here, and on another forums, and most of you recommend Yonn's rom, as the best rom for i900. I know there is no such a thing as best, but what would you say compared to ock's eclipse rom, is it more faster, stable, and generally a newer and better rom? I would like to try it out, but I'm not sure which one should I choose from these? I read about the differences, but I do not really get which one is the best choice. I like to have applications already in the ROM, and stable, fast ROM where everything is working (GPS is important too) is my choice. Which one would you recommend?
- Yonn i900 23144 M2D STD XPR (M2D Sense ROM 5 NOV 2010)
- Yonn i900 HS++ 21690 v2.01 2MBCache 8MB PagePool XPR
- Yonn i900 HS++ Loaded ROM 29020 STD (XPR)
Can you give me a link to the flashing process for the above roms? I did it few years ago, and somehow do not remember. I do not have xp anymore, just Win7 running, but I guess it should not be a problem.
Many thanks and looking forward to your answer!
Ok, first thing first, i will answer you as you asked questions in order in your post:
- OCK's latest Eclipse ROM is one of my favorite ROM's i have been using it and i was very satisfied. About the weather tab, it is not working cuz the service is not working anymore. All OCK Roms are great, the latest they are the less bugs they have. OCK back in the time was very accurate of updating his roms and fixing bugs. So, about all roms is the same thing "The latest version is always the better one"
- About Yonn roms, i would recommend latest i900 HS++ V2 ReLoaded ROM or any of his latest versions.
- All ROMs i have on my 4Shared folder are tested on my Omnia and carefully chosen by therms of speed, accuracy, reliability, battery life, etc. Whoever you choose you won't regret. I am currently using OCK UltraLite ROM 29005, its a great ROM and i am very satisfied. Don't know about GPS, but i think its working, cuz i never needed a GPS, So i can't tell you.
- About your phone part, let me clear you some things. Windows mobile is divided in two parts, Phone Part and PDA part. ROMs are in the PDA part, not the phone part, So what you have problems with the phone part is cuz of the phone part that is installed from the manufacturer. ROM's doesn't have any connections to the Phone part of your phone. Installing a rom will change your PDA part, your Phone part won't be affected. If you want to change the Phone Part you have to install it separately. In my 4Shared folder you have some phone parts that by my searching gave best results for the users of Omnia i900. I personally never changed my Phone Part, it is as it was from the Day 1 when i bought it cuz its very good (it's JCHJ3).
- Also you will see in the first post of this thread in the list in the part of "Samsung Omnia i900 Phone Parts" is a video of how to flash a radio part (Phone Part) on your Omnia i900 through Win 7. Its pretty much the same with flashing a ROM from Win7 too. It's the same procedure. But there is number of threads here that will guide you how to do that through Win 7, you just have to do a little bit of reading
I hope i answered your questions, but if you have something else to ask me about, feel free to ask it.
Edited by BorisGVG, 22 January 2014 - 03:15 AM.
My MoDaCo Thread - Samsung Omnia i900 & WM6.x.x ROMs and Apps (since July 2012, Mostly WQVGA))
- Samsung ATIV S [Windows Phone 8, GDR3]
- Samsung Omnia SGH-i900 [custom ROM: ock ultralite 29005 (WM 6.5.3 Pro) + SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.5]
|| Republic Of Macedonia ||