Cannot ROOT after ICS update... F1, F1, F1

Guest zex_rad

Guest zex_rad

Hi all,

I hit the wall....

Brain stopped working, help needed...

Updatet from rooted GB B888 to ICS B927 without any problem... Flashed vendor file too.

updated using http://www.modaco.co...u8815-b927-rom/

Fastboot-windows CAN se my device, as (used this to ROOT B888 GB)

fb136c7 fastboot

But when I triy ABD there is no device found.... (Ulockbootloader.exe)

What am I doing wrong....

Using Windows 7 Ultimate, (in dev manager my phone is shown as ASUS Android Device > Android Bootloader interface)

Tried also with G300_Handset_WinDriver, no luck....

Any suggestion is welcome....

Edited by zex_rad

Guest wrtease

well im using b926 and have just checked with usb cable connected to mine it reads android composite adb interface same win 7 u

Guest zex_rad

Just managed to ROOT... YEEEEE

For all Noobs like ME .... DO NOT!!! Put your device in bootloader mode

For some reason I was triying to use UNLOCKBOOTLOADER while in bootloader mode....

Just turn ON phone regularry, connect it to USB....

If using W7 you might need driver, If in DevManager you get yellow triangle, just use G300_Handset_WinDriver http://flibblesan.co.uk/android/G300_Handset_WinDriver.exe

Edited by zex_rad

Guest wrtease

yes thats good news well done .we all learn .any way copy your back up to pc in case you ever delete or format your sdcard to pc .also do the imie back .if you decide to downgrade back to gingerbread.

Guest dragpyre

yes thats good news well done .we all learn .any way copy your back up to pc in case you ever delete or format your sdcard to pc .also do the imie back .if you decide to downgrade back to gingerbread.

IMEI is not lost if you use the Huawei Middle Package to downgrade, only the hack method puts your IMEi at risk.

• 1 month later...
Guest thenige

Aww, I got excited there as the problem sounds exactly like mine but I'm not running in Bootloader mode, it just can't find me anyway in ADB. (It manages just fine the rest of the time, until I try to root via adb).