Google Now on B934

Guest anything-but

Guest anything-but

DO THIS @ YOUR OWN RISK,I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU BORK YOUR PHONE...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If your using Tillaz`s new 934 based infusion,you only have to flash mikey v6 online,no other action needed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All info is taken from the thread over on the xda forums http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1747224 thanks to their hard work i now have Google Now working on B934 ICS.

Ok,before we start,this is a guide to install Google Now on the new B934 ICS rom,...You won`t get the same results with either 926/927 (believe me i tried!). Also,it will NOT work on ANY gingerbread rom,so don`t even bother trying!

Please....make a backup before doing Anything!!!

You`ll need CWM installed to flash these zips.

You`ll also need to be rooted.

Titanium backup is needed to free up sufficient space in /System (I used that for ease of use really).

You can just flash the zips,but your most likely to come across Google Now listening to you,going through the motions of searching,but the microphone doesn`t switch off,that is because it needs a certain amount of space in /System....if you wan`t to try that 1st before deleting stuff,then flash the online version,as being a smaller filesize,there`s a better chance it MAY work (but it shouldn`t).

If you get the recording error,then you`ll need to get some space freed up,so it`s time to get dirty!

1st,flash the Google Now remover to get the stock search back (if you tried to flash before freeing space,otherwise skip this bit),then it`s deletin` time!

http://www.solidfile...m/d/82d38d8529/ (Google Now remover).

Some of these apps i`ll list you may use,but hopefully there`ll be enough space freed to get things working,so boot up titanium backup and delete the following apps....(Being VERY careful!!!)......

All Backup 4.1.54

Appinstaller 1.0

File manager 3.1.48

Google play books 2.5.83

Google+ 3.0.1

HuiIME 5.2.33 (and the language packs that go with it,if you want to i.e: HuiIME Arabic language pack 1.0.00 and so on...)

Security guard 2.51

After deletion,boot back into CWM and flash the online zip (reason for this being the offline version flashes extra files,so if the online works ok,flashing the offline afterwards will enable offline dictation,if you really need it). Upon booting up,pressing the Google search bar will start up Google Now`s brief setup page,then it`s just a matter of enabling your location settings/gps and logging into latitude,pressing on your location icon,selecting location history.....then press the menu button to set Home/Work locations and that`s about it. :)

To get voice replys on some of your searches you may need to select "Search on Google.com" in settings,i`ll also upload some screenshots soon to show some cards and settings.

screenshot2012081119170.png

screenshot2012081119171.png

screenshot2012081119571.png

http://www.solidfile...m/d/d9572ccd27/ (Mikey V6 online only.....no offline dictation). 14.3meg.

http://www.solidfile...m/d/0a79952235/ (Mikey V6 offline) 37.3meg

Edited by anything-but

Guest dragpyre

Been having a play with google now with the voice search workaround from xda,seems to work pretty good on 927. Obviously there`s not much happening yet with it as it takes time to build up a data profile but shall report as it goes on. :)

I tested it already. All I could do really is voice searches, I couldn't tell it to open apps or anything like Google Now is meant to.

Guest dragpyre

Didn`t know it could do that. :D Think maybe it`s because it`s hacked around to work on ics currently?

Didn`t know it could do that. :D Think maybe it`s because it`s hacked around to work on ics currently?

More than likely. It's designed to be like Siri or S Talk.

Guest anything-but

Just been reading up and apparently it doesn`t open apps *extract from a nexus 7 article* ..."if you want an app that will set appointments, check your calendar and open apps, try the Assistant from Speaktoit. I've got mixed success having it check for upcoming appointments, since I use multiple Google calendars and it only looks at one. It does a reasonably good job of adding events as long as I remember to just say the phrase "add event" and then let it ask me questions about the event name and time (and make sure to say an ending time as well as start time, because it doesn't default to a particular length). Or, if you can remember the format "add event to it works all at once. However, if you say "add event to calendar," it thinks you want to add an appointment called "to calendar."

Also unlike Google Now, Assistant will open apps for you, which can be handy if you've got a lot of apps on multiple screens."

Still need to use those fingertips i guess. ^^

Edited by anything-but

Guest abcshady

Peeps over on xda have got google now fully working on ics it seems! Search and talk back,about to try it out myself. :)

Thanks for the heads up anything-but :) .

I downloaded and flashed the zip in post #2500 of the 'The Google Now for ICS Project. [uPDATE 7/19][VOICE WORKAROUND][APK AND ZIP]' thread over on XDA and tried a few of the examples from this video:

[media=]

I have to say I wasn't expecting it to work as well as it does :D . After using voice search for 10 mins flat I can say I think that it works ok on the G300. One out of ten searches did cause the app to exit and every other search was punctuated by a blank screen. Seeing as it is not meant for our phone or ICS, I think it's a great :D.

Edited by abcshady

Guest anything-but

Yea,for something not suported (ics) it works pretty good! I also tried the lennoxpackage,unzipped and pasted into a rom then flashed it,that worked too.

Maybe something to be added to future custom roms? :)

Edited by anything-but

Guest dbaseii

I have installed via cwm.

However when i use it it doesnt give me time to use a phrase. It straight away says sorry i didnt catch that please try again.

Any ideas?

Guest anything-but

Spooky! Sat here in canary wharf and it popped up a traffic card giving me a traffic report and a eta home. :-D

Here`s the screenshot....it`s magic i tells ya!

post-765253-0-02479500-1344017909_thumb.

Edited by anything-but

Guest PACOSH

just to inform there was a significant progress made in google now for ics development on xda.. if interested check it out

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1747224

ok, installed the latest Mikeyxda's version 6, works like charm.. cards showin up properly, voice answers, no lags, links to navigation/maps/chrome/music player with no probs, impressed..

here is a list of commands and short video how does it look..wud recommend to evr1

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1817640

Edited by PACOSH

Guest anything-but

Installed the new 934 ICS leak tonight and had a play around with Google Now on it......works really well,better than 927 as with that,only the old google now v6 zip was the most reliable one,but it had the double take,text stretch and no red flashing mic showing (tho it did listen).

With the new leak,mikeyxda`s v6 works pretty much perfectly,tho you do need to free some space up in /system or it`ll constantly record and not give answers,i`ll update the op later today as it`s bleeding late!

But for anyone reading this,it`ll ONLY apply to the new B934 ICS leak,no other version (gingerbread need not apply,lol).

Guest anything-but

1st post updated..... please read carefully. :)

Didn`t have permissions set propperly in Google drive,files should be ok to download now. :)

Hmmmm,mikey V6 online seems borked,gimmie 2 mins i`ll re-link.

Bloody stupid Google Drive...yukk! Rehosting the files somewhere else,new links up soon.

Files re-hosted and working.

Edited by anything-but

Guest PACOSH

well, im on b927.. have tried to install all variants available and the only functional one was (and is at least on my phone) the mickeyxda v6.. although it did not work instantly on its own, i had to go first with flashing this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?x77zkb33y9o3dwe

Then flashing the newest M6 zip...

before i found this, google now didnt work properly (no voice answers etc) with any .zip offered on xda..

all voice commands fully functional, voice answers, cards showing and of course it works flawlessly with email, calendar, clock etc... simply perfect..

Guest errorjoe

After flashing Mikeyxda's version 6 the searchbar just disappeared and the Velvet.apk is not installed in my phone. Seems like it didn't flash properly. I'm on B934 (CWM falshable zip), have root. Any ideas what went wrong?

Guest anything-but

Did you clear enough space in /system?

At work atm here, but flash the Google now remover to get the stock search back and see how much space titanium says /system has. Also did you flash the online only version?

Guest PACOSH

After flashing Mikeyxda's version 6 the searchbar just disappeared and the Velvet.apk is not installed in my phone. Seems like it didn't flash properly. I'm on B934 (CWM falshable zip), have root. Any ideas what went wrong?

i had the same problem at the beginning of testing which version wud work.. check my post above yours that +step should solve it (for me it did)

Guest anything-but

Not freeing enough space in /system seems to be the main reason for GN not working. But you really have to be careful you don't delete essential apps. :-)

30mb is needed for the online zip and 60mb free for offline / online.

Edited by anything-but

Guest anything-but

OP changed to even easier way to get Google Now working......just install Tillaz`s new 934 based infusion rom and you only have to flash mikey V6,no deletions needed. :)

Guest mr.twad

I have been running this for a good week now on tillazs infusion sweetness (since the upgrade to B934.. cant exactly remember when that was).

I know it is no ones work on here but....

Am I missing something or is a glorified weather widget that requires a few extra clicks to see anything. That seems is the only card that ever comes up.

Also the sports team is greyed out so I cant put in my American football team of choice which would be handy as I have to sleep if it is a late game.

Am I just being impatient or is this as good as its going to get..

Also is it the the same on JB? (IE will it/does it work better on CM10)??

Guest Chris Banks

I tired this but found it to be slow to load, and a lot less accurate than the normal Google voice search.

Not bad seeing it's hacked across, but I hope the official app runs/works better.

Guest Northstandhero

Is this ok to flash on the new Infusion build? had it running on the beta, the weather cards were fine and the voice search was spot on.

Guest PACOSH

Is this ok to flash on the new Infusion build? had it running on the beta, the weather cards were fine and the voice search was spot on.

read first post on this page...